Those using swagbucks ???

Well, Swagbucks must have gotten busted by the IRS because for the first time in the 9 years I have been using the site I got a pop-up because I have cashed out over $600 I have to fill out a W-9. Which doesn't hurt me any because my wife and I have always filled a 1099 for Swagbucks earning because I am not getting in trouble with the IRS.

Well, Swagbucks must have gotten busted by the IRS because for the first time in the 9 years I have been using the site I got a pop-up because I have cashed out over $600 I have to fill out a W-9. Which doesn't hurt me any because my wife and I have always filled a 1099 for Swagbucks earning because I am not getting in trouble with the IRS.
Have you cashed out over $600 this year? I would be wary of a pop-up asking for personal info.

Curious about this...do you always get PayPal when cashing out? Or is it a gc/PayPal mix?

Have you cashed out over $600 this year? I would be wary of a pop-up asking for personal info.
Yes, I have cashed out well over $600. It is a legit pop-up. If you don't fill it out they won't you cash out for the gift card, other than PayPal (for whatever reason).

Curious about this...do you always get PayPal when cashing out? Or is it a gc/PayPal mix?
No. I get Amazon/Target/Walmart. Never PayPal. Same with my wife (she did PayPal for a few years but stopped).

Yes, I have cashed out well over $600. It is a legit pop-up. If you don't fill it out they won't you cash out for the gift card, other than PayPal (for whatever reason).

No. I get Amazon/Target/Walmart. Never PayPal. Same with my wife (she did PayPal for a few years but stopped).
I also have over $600 for the year right now. I get PayPal usually, but first one of the month I get a VV. I just redeemed for PayPal this morning but nothing popped up. I’ve never claimed this as income before because so much of it is shop credit, which I always thought was considered more of a rebate than actual income. It’s all rather confusing. Remember when they had deals on buying sb? I bought quite a few because it made sense financially, especially considering CC rewards. I don’t see how you should have to pay tax for (for example) 500 sb when you only profited maybe 50 cents or whatever.

I also have over $600 for the year right now. I get PayPal usually, but first one of the month I get a VV. I just redeemed for PayPal this morning but nothing popped up. I’ve never claimed this as income before because so much of it is shop credit, which I always thought was considered more of a rebate than actual income. It’s all rather confusing. Remember when they had deals on buying sb? I bought quite a few because it made sense financially, especially considering CC rewards. I don’t see how you should have to pay tax for (for example) 500 sb when you only profited maybe 50 cents or whatever.
I saw a thread on Reddit (and now I can't find it), it was a link to the Swagbucks website on what counted as being taxed or not. I know that shop wasn't listed in the taxable items and I believe that buying wasn't as well. Which are two things I don't do.

From what I can tell, SB counts referral, watch, search, survey, and bonus income towards that $600. I'm thinking shop & earn as well as discover probably fall under the 'rebates' category which may or may not be taxable depending on a lot of garbledy-gook techno-mumbo jumbo that it's hard to find a firm consensus on the internet about. So, depending on how much you earned in each category will determine if you get that pop-up or not.

And the reason Paypal is excluded is they perform their own 1099 submission to the IRS, so SB is just passing the responsibility on to them to determine who requires one filed or not.

Maybe it has already been mentioned, but this morning Sam’s online would not let me buy a Disney GC (or any other other GC) with Walmart gift cards. :-(

I think they were the last GC -> GC possible.

From what I can tell, SB counts referral, watch, search, survey, and bonus income towards that $600. I'm thinking shop & earn as well as discover probably fall under the 'rebates' category which may or may not be taxable depending on a lot of garbledy-gook techno-mumbo jumbo that it's hard to find a firm consensus on the internet about. So, depending on how much you earned in each category will determine if you get that pop-up or not.

And the reason Paypal is excluded is they perform their own 1099 submission to the IRS, so SB is just passing the responsibility on to them to determine who requires one filed or not.
That's interesting. I usually do Paypal except for the first discounted card each month. How would Paypal know if it was taxable? Rhetorical question, not expecting you to answer!
$1300? Teach me your ways! I actually just started up again after a break but only ever made about 25-50 a month
I'm not positive. I usually get 150-200 SB a day from the basic tasks of watch, discover, surveys, search, playing SB Live, etc. I got 500 SB for referring DH and get some points from that (about $50 since April). i rarely shop online through SB. I do a few offers when they are listed here, made $100 on NorthOne bank offer which has been a pain to close, done the $100 Vuse offer a couple of times, a few higher amount surveys like $30 ones. Daily break has suddenly started crediting for me again, I got 75 BS yesterday from their surveys.

MyPoints is giving me the run around on North One. It's been 35 days. They didn't answer my request for three days and now say I have to wait 45 days.

MyPoints is giving me the run around on North One. It's been 35 days. They didn't answer my request for three days and now say I have to wait 45 days.

Ugg - I did mine 23 days ago through MyPoints and it is not showing up as pending or anything. I did DH's through Swagbucks and I wish I did mine through there too, but I thought this was worth a bit more and then we weren't both going through the same site if that matters.

I have it on my calendar to contact them, but I don't want to have to fight for it.

Ugg - I did mine 23 days ago through MyPoints and it is not showing up as pending or anything. I did DH's through Swagbucks and I wish I did mine through there too, but I thought this was worth a bit more and then we weren't both going through the same site if that matters.

I have it on my calendar to contact them, but I don't want to have to fight for it.
So I contacted them at 32 days and they ignored it. Finally responded at 36 days and told me to wait until 45. I swear they just made that up. So I'll try again but I'm going to close the account in the next two weeks before I get hit with another $10 monthly fee.
Guess I should stick to buying vaping supplies:)

FYI when they didn't respond to my help request for three days I submitted a second request. Whoever answered that one credited me the 30,000 mypoints. Time to close North One.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!