Those with December Experience

Also, definitely don't miss the Osbourne's Specticle of Lights....we went 2 nights......absolutely wonderful!

zillow said:
2nd week in Dec. is my favorite time to go as well. Since it seems to be getting more popular, have people had to make reservations day by day to book it at 11 months? We own at VWL.

Thanks!

We're also VWL owners. I booked around the 11 month window before our December 3-8, 2004 visit. I didn't book day by day and had no problem getting a studio ......... but VWL seem to increase in popularity each year during the holiday season, and it's a realatively small resort.

2nd week in Dec. is my favorite time to go as well. Since it seems to be getting more popular, have people had to make reservations day by day to book it at 11 months? We own at VWL.

We also own at VWL and have been making reservations in a studio for the second and third week of Dec. without any problems. I just call at 11 months and do it all at the same time. I also did a member cash ressie for the weekend in the middle of our stay at the same time. The year before I had to call back for the cash ressies. You shouldn't have any problem since you own there.

Bugeye said:
Just remember, Disney sells sweatshirts.
Yeah, I know! I bought one while freezing waiting for Illuminations.

CarolMN said:
Crowds are light - we never wait more than 5 - 10 minutes for anything. If the line is longer when we arrive at an attraction, we just do it later when there isn't a line, LOL! The parades and nighttime shows are crowded, though. Don't mind that.

We enjoy:

MVMCP (MK) - especially the shows and the Christmas parade.
Osborne Lights (MGM)
Candlelight Processional (EPCOT)
Holidays around the World (EPCOT)
Tree Lighting Ceremonies (all the parks & DTD, but especially at EPCOT, which has the Lights of Winter)
Resort decorations - at all the deluxe resorts, incl Swan/Dolphin
Holiday Tag after IllumiNations (Disney did this for the first time last year and it was simply awesome! Hope it becomes a tradition)!!!
Yuletide Fantasy Tour (OK, I think we'll enjoy it, we're doing it for the first time this year)

You are going to fall in love with this time of the year at WDW and see for yourself why reservations are so hard to get at the DVC resorts in early December. I first went at this time in 1998. Have been back every year since and so far, I just cannot bring myself to skip a year!

Best wishes -

I have to THANK YOU guys. We went to Disney last December for a 4 day weekend and LOVED it. Very Christmassy! My husband said he would go again in December, but not this year. Well, we found out last week that Jet Blue is leaving out of Newark this Fall and has some good promotional rates. So I started asking my husband about going this December. He did not want to go 2 Decembers in a row. (We are going in August for 2 weeks). I emailed my husband CarolMN's summary above so he could remember all of the beautiful things this time of year and.... We are going this December for our Anniversary!!! I made our airline reservations yesterday.

So now the question is where do we stay. We have 300 'Reservation Status' points from an add-on we just purchased. We will be staying 5 nights. So I was thinking maybe doing concierge at either the Poly or Yacht Club. We will have 3 children with us. Any opinions?

Again I want to thank all of you!!!

We currently have reservations at the BWV for December 3 through the 10. I was thinking about cancelling and going in May instead. After reading all these posts, I am definitely not cancelling and can not wait to go this time of the year.

DisneyMomJen said:
I have to THANK YOU guys. We went to Disney last December for a 4 day weekend and LOVED it. Very Christmassy! My husband said he would go again in December, but not this year. Well, we found out last week that Jet Blue is leaving out of Newark this Fall and has some good promotional rates. So I started asking my husband about going this December. He did not want to go 2 Decembers in a row. (We are going in August for 2 weeks). I emailed my husband CarolMN's summary above so he could remember all of the beautiful things this time of year and.... We are going this December for our Anniversary!!! I made our airline reservations yesterday.

So now the question is where do we stay. We have 300 'Reservation Status' points from an add-on we just purchased. We will be staying 5 nights. So I was thinking maybe doing concierge at either the Poly or Yacht Club. We will have 3 children with us. Any opinions?

Again I want to thank all of you!!!

Wow! How lucky are you! What a great time of year for an extra visit and to have your anniversary... Between those two resorts, I would probably pick the Poly since SAB won't be that much fun in December anyway. If I were picking, it would probably be WL because of how it looks at Christmas and the boat to MK for the kids. Second choice...maybe CR if you can get into the rehabbed area or GF because I've heard it is great at Christmas too!! Have fun no matter what :wizard: :teeth:

We are going Dec 16th thru 22nd. How are the crowds? We have only been in early May and mid October. Just wondering what to expect.

Early December is one on my favorite times of the year to be at WDW. You get all the Christmas extras without the Christmas crowds. Pack warm clothes and expect to be flexible...you may swim and shiver in the same week (or even the same day), but that's part of the fun. The cold times put you in the mood of Christmas. Hats and gloves are expensive and are big 'impulse items' if the temp drops at night (they are at every check-out register when it gets chilly), but they can make the difference in staying out or going back to the resort early. Avoid the choice and pack them, just in case. You'll have a great time!

:flower:

Patty3 said:
We currently have reservations at the BWV for December 3 through the 10. I was thinking about cancelling and going in May instead. After reading all these posts, I am definitely not cancelling and can not wait to go this time of the year.

Even if it gets a little chilly, you can be pretty sure that it is warmer than it will be at home! (I'm from Southern Maryland...hi neighbor!) Stick with your Dec. vacation...you'll love it!

:goodvibes

raider93 said:
We are going Dec 16th thru 22nd. How are the crowds? We have only been in early May and mid October. Just wondering what to expect.
I have been in early May as well as mid-December. It is not crowded in mid-December but it gets much more crowded as Xmas day approaches. If there is any ride that I want, I usually go early in my trip to make sure that I get the ride without long waits.

Thanks for the reply. I am currently planning on hitting the parks early in the week and leaving the last couple of days for events like a pirate cruise, character meals, shows etc. Here's hoping for the best. :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter