Thoughts about my character dining selections?

I just looked at reservation for Trattoria el Fortno, it's not on a park-correct? So that reservation does not have to be on my Epcot park day or does it make more sense to have it on my Epcot day?
It makes sense since it is right outside Epcot. However it would also work for your Hollywood Studios day as well! It is basically between the two, on the boardwalk. We really enjoyed it as a late breakfast/lunch. Plus, Ample Hills Creamery is right outside, and that is arguably the best ice cream on property. So good!

Okay. Thank you so so much for everyone's feedbacks! I have made changes to my list. And it looks like the list grew a bit :rolleyes1
I added Hollywood & Vines, Sci-Fi, Coral Reef, and Cape May.
I am looking to get Chef Mickey's breakfast back in on other days, possibly on days when we aren't doing any parks.
I am still trying to get Be Our Guest for dinner, if I can actually get a dinner reservation there.
I will consider dropping Akershus as it get nearer to our trip.

Anyone have experience with the Firework Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom?

Okay. Thank you so so much for everyone's feedbacks! I have made changes to my list. And it looks like the list grew a bit :rolleyes1
I added Hollywood & Vines, Sci-Fi, Coral Reef, and Cape May.
I am looking to get Chef Mickey's breakfast back in on other days, possibly on days when we aren't doing any parks.
I am still trying to get Be Our Guest for dinner, if I can actually get a dinner reservation there.
I will consider dropping Akershus as it get nearer to our trip.

Anyone have experience with the Firework Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom?

We've done the Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza viewing three times - it's a very nice a event and you get to watch the show in a reserved garden area in the hub area. We do it so we don't have to save a spot for too long to view the show.

In terms of your reservations - if you could let us know where you are staying and what your park plans are for each day, we could probably help a bit better in structuring your ADR's. You had mentioned at one point you were doing Chef Mickey's breakfast on a DHS day which, unless you are staying at CR, could be quite cumbersome in terms of transportation to each location.

I would, personally, suggest, not duplicating characters too much at these meals. Especially the buffets as the food and experience, IMHO, gets a bit redundant after a while. As others have mentioned, there are some other really fun dining experiences that don't include characters, like WCC at WL and even Trails End at Ft. W where you can go next door and see the WDW stables.

We've done the Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza viewing three times - it's a very nice a event and you get to watch the show in a reserved garden area in the hub area. We do it so we don't have to save a spot for too long to view the show.

In terms of your reservations - if you could let us know where you are staying and what your park plans are for each day, we could probably help a bit better in structuring your ADR's. You had mentioned at one point you were doing Chef Mickey's breakfast on a DHS day which, unless you are staying at CR, could be quite cumbersome in terms of transportation to each location.

I would, personally, suggest, not duplicating characters too much at these meals. Especially the buffets as the food and experience, IMHO, gets a bit redundant after a while. As others have mentioned, there are some other really fun dining experiences that don't include characters, like WCC at WL and even Trails End at Ft. W where you can go next door and see the WDW stables.

Yeah, I agree with not wanting to have them be redundant. So far, I have learned that Akershus and Chef Mickey are ones that I can potentially drop because of characters duplicate. The Disney portion of the trip is planned for 6 days 5 nights (staying at Animal Kingdom Villa). But we will be in the area the few days before and after Disney, hence I have reservations on those days as well, as long as they are not in a theme park. As I am typing this, I am now realizing that I actually have a 7-day park ticket and that one extra day was a "just-in-case" day or at least until we decide if we need to revisit any of the parks. My 6 y.o. is very much an animal lover, she will absolutely enjoy the stables. What is WCC at WL? I will certainly explore any options possible :)

As for the Dessert Party, do you know if there is any difference between the Garden Plaza and Tomorrowland Terrace? I don't see any note about price difference, so is it just the view? If so, then do you think the Garden Plaza has a better view?

Here is my updated list and park plans, at least for now.
1. Trattoria al Forno (Breakfast) and 1900 Park Fare (Dinner)
2. Garden Grove (Dinner)
3. Cape May (Breakfast)
4. [Hollywood Studio day] Hollywood & Vines (Breakfast) and Sci-Fi (late lunch)
5. [Animal Kingdom day] Tusker House (Breakfast)
6. [Magic Kingdom day] Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
7. [Magic Kingdom day]Cinderella Royal Table (Breakfast)
8. [Epcot day] Garden Grill (Breakfast) and Coral Reef (late lunch)
9. [Epcot day] Akershus Banquet (Breakfast)
Added a 10th day :) 10. Chef Mickey (Breakfast)

Akershus was a fave of ours for breakfast. The princess parade was super cute and a nice interaction. I also enjoyed the fact that we got to see so many princesses here, because we missed out on most character interactions in the parks due to lines. Food was also yummy.

1900 Park Faire was super fun on our arrival day dinner. The stepmom and sisters are hilarious and highly interactive. Food was good, but not a fave.

Tusker House was super cute because of the Safari outfits. Food was yummy, but it was just a quick pics and signatures type deal. Goofy played around a bit.

I’m dying to get the Bon Voyage breakfast, but sadly it was a no go last year and this year isn’t looking good either, unless someone cancels. My daughter and I love Rapunzel and I think it’d be cool to see both Prince. Plus the food pics I’ve seen look yummy!

We have bon voyage booked for a really late breakfast, 11:40am-does anyone know if the characters are there the whole time-I would assume they are, but I read somewhere they leave at a certain time??

We have bon voyage booked for a really late breakfast, 11:40am-does anyone know if the characters are there the whole time-I would assume they are, but I read somewhere they leave at a certain time??
We did a 11:50, and they did the entire restaurant during our meal. We meet all of them.

Akershus was a fave of ours for breakfast. The princess parade was super cute and a nice interaction. I also enjoyed the fact that we got to see so many princesses here, because we missed out on most character interactions in the parks due to lines. Food was also yummy.

1900 Park Faire was super fun on our arrival day dinner. The stepmom and sisters are hilarious and highly interactive. Food was good, but not a fave.

Tusker House was super cute because of the Safari outfits. Food was yummy, but it was just a quick pics and signatures type deal. Goofy played around a bit.

I’m dying to get the Bon Voyage breakfast, but sadly it was a no go last year and this year isn’t looking good either, unless someone cancels. My daughter and I love Rapunzel and I think it’d be cool to see both Prince. Plus the food pics I’ve seen look yummy!
You should be able to snag a Bon Voyage if you activate a touring plans reservation finder for it, we saw a few open when we were looking for a later time.

You should be able to snag a Bon Voyage if you activate a touring plans reservation finder for it, we saw a few open when we were looking for a later time.

Actually, yesterday I was on here and saw the *********** and touring plans post and thought, d’oh why did I forget about them. I signed up and a couple hours later BAM! One opened up at the perfect time. I was so happy!!

I love Disney World, I enjoy character meals so I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer at all.... BUT - that is WAY TOO MUCH character dining. Character dining is stressful with little kids, even more so when the character meal is a buffet. You have 6 buffet / character meals there - there are much better options for fun and delicious dining. If you are staying at AKL, there are 3 amazing restaurants at your resort. Ignore what people are saying are 'good' Ask yourself (or your kids) which character is my child's absolute favorite and that should be your choice(s) for character meals. You other dining options should be based on the park you are at and what kind of food your entire family likes. Table service meals give you the chance to relax after the go-go-go nature of the parks.

I love Disney World, I enjoy character meals so I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer at all.... BUT - that is WAY TOO MUCH character dining. Character dining is stressful with little kids, even more so when the character meal is a buffet. You have 6 buffet / character meals there - there are much better options for fun and delicious dining. If you are staying at AKL, there are 3 amazing restaurants at your resort. Ignore what people are saying are 'good' Ask yourself (or your kids) which character is my child's absolute favorite and that should be your choice(s) for character meals. You other dining options should be based on the park you are at and what kind of food your entire family likes. Table service meals give you the chance to relax after the go-go-go nature of the parks.

Yeah... I am just too anxious about making sure we dont miss out on anything. But i can imagine being sick of it after some time. i'll probably look up on the other restaurants and see if there are good ones to subsitute the ones i have now.

Don’t worry about missing anything.... your kids will literally be thrilled by the simplest things. My daughters favorite thing from our last trip was buying a castle key chain for her back pack. The things they love are small things. And your stress level is key to a good trip for the whole family.

You are not going to be able to do it all, and that is okay.

I agree that your list seems like too many character meals. I would write down which characters are typically at which meal to see how much overlap you have.

I would also add in more meals at your resort. It has some of the best restaurants on property and you are not taken advantage of being right there.

Since you already have a lot of buffets I would look to add in Sanaa. The food is great and you might get lucky and get a window table. DD (5 at the time) lover being able to see animals while we ate.

Make sure you plan your Garden Grove dinner for Thursday through Sunday. Those are the nights they do their Seafood Sensation buffet which is excellent, even for those who don’t enjoy seafood.

Don’t make an ADR for it either. Book it on Open Table or from your resort room phone if you are staying at the Swan or Dolphin.

If you have a AAA membership or an Annual Pass, you’ll get 20% off the cost of the food. If you and your husband want a drink with dinner, order a pitcher of Phins and Feathers. It’s a craft beer made exclusively for the resort, and my craft beer-loving family adores it.

I disagree with PPs who are saying to cut back on character meals. Your kids are little only once, and it’s so much fun for them to dine with the characters.

However, you want to add a little variety, look into a lunch at Sanaa. Your group will have to like Indian food, but with animals outside, it will be fun for the kids. Another fun place to dine with children is Coral Reef. I didn’t love my entree there, but the Bailey’s dessert was to-die-for.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter