Thoughts about planned trip for May/June

D0ktaa

Earning My Ears
We have a planned trip for 6 weeks from the start of May to the middle of June, hitting LA,Vegas,Denver,New Orleans,Miami, and finally Orlando. One of our planned activities has already been cancelled (a convention), but there are no other large gathering type activities planned.

Would you take the risk of going and maybe getting exposed to COVID19, and trying to claim against insurance?
We are not in the high-risk age/health category, so hopefully any exposure would be on the mild side.

Would you take the hit of cancellation fees on some things but being home if we do get exposed?
Most of our bookings are fully refundable at the moment.

For what it’s worth UK ‘experts’ are stating that the virus will peak in 2 weeks time and then the U.K. and US will be in the position Italy is in now. So I would wait, ride out the storm and make a decision in about 6 weeks time.
If you do travel use the same precautions as you are at home. Once the virus begins to spread within a locality it seems to me that it is ‘luck of the draw’ whether one is unfortunate enough to be in contact with an infected person, unless of course the world follows China’s example, which is unlikely, although it does seem to have been effective. What price freedom?😉

Made the decision to postpone our trip, it just isn't worth the risk of going and not being covered by insurance.

For what it's worth we just pulled the trigger and did the same today for our March/April trip. Kids are devo'd but at least we should get it all back due to changes in hotel policies. Due to the tanking AUD you should get a bit more back on the things u can cancel which is a little consolation.

We are now planning for the same time next year. So on the plus side there the 50th will be on, and hopefully tron is open, the new guardians attraction and epcot construction mostly finished. Both Galaxy's edge rides should both be on fast pass by then too. And finally having the new dining plan plus from the start means I will be able to book the pre park open breakfasts we want. It won't be an election year either so there is that.

We are now planning for the same time next year. So on the plus side there the 50th will be on, and hopefully tron is open, the new guardians attraction and epcot construction mostly finished. Both Galaxy's edge rides should both be on fast pass by then too. And finally having the new dining plan plus from the start means I will be able to book the pre park open breakfasts we want. It won't be an election year either so there is that.

Just wanted to say I am sorry you had to postpone your holiday but it sounds like you are planning an even better one for next year :)

For what it's worth we just pulled the trigger and did the same today for our March/April trip. Kids are devo'd but at least we should get it all back due to changes in hotel policies. Due to the tanking AUD you should get a bit more back on the things u can cancel which is a little consolation.
Hey Chol, sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip, I really feel for you and your family. Maybe planning your next trip will make everyone feel better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!