Thoughts on Boatwright's

B-Ride

Getting My Disney Fix
We are thinking of visiting Boatwright's Dining Hall for dinner this trip. We have decided to try new places this year rather than going back to all of our old favourites.

We need some opinions to decide if this is one of the new places we should try.

My family went here about 20 years ago when we were staying at POR and enjoyed it. We went back during out 2016 trip despite not staying on property and it was one of our favorite meals of our 12 day trip. I would recommend giving it a try. The food was very good, the service was great but like many other Disney restaurants it was very loud.

We really enjoy it. The service has been excellent and the food always good. It's worth going to even if not staying at POR

My sister and I went last year.
We loved it.
I had chicken and waffles.
The CM's were very nice and attentive.
There weren't a lot of people in there when we went because Yea ha Bob was in the lounge so everyone was in there.

We have never been, but we have it booked for our December trip. Just based on the menu. And, also, we would like to see Yee Haw Bob after our dinner.

We may try this restaurant our next trip since we are staying at POFQ, so I'm following along.

My family went here about 20 years ago when we were staying at POR and enjoyed it. We went back during out 2016 trip despite not staying on property and it was one of our favorite meals of our 12 day trip. I would recommend giving it a try. The food was very good, the service was great but like many other Disney restaurants it was very loud.
Good food and service is what we wanted to hear. As for loud, we'll join right in. Part of the Disney experience. :)

Thanks for your reply.

Good food and service is what we wanted to hear. As for loud, we'll join right in. Part of the Disney experience. :)

Thanks for your reply.

You're welcome. I am with you...food and service are definitely most important. If the menu looks appealing, it is worth the trip. Port Orleans Riverside is a great place to walk around as well. The setting doesn't hurt!!

Boatwrights is one of the hidden gems, imo. Food is great (the pimento cheese fritters with jalapeno jelly are killer!) And the service has always been excellent.

One year DW and I were at WDW for our 35th(?) anniversary, staying at POR. This was in June. We were so hot and exhausted by 5 or so that we opted to go back to the room and collapse. Stopped by Boatwrights (not our first time there) to grab some food. I'm sure we looked totally bedraggled (I know I felt that way). The staff there took such good care of us that we were blown away. The manager saw our Anniversary buttons as we were checking in and asked how many years. The next thing we knew, we had champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and a rose delivered to the table. I think virtually every CM in the place stopped by to wish is a happy anniversary. When we were finished with our excellent meal, the manager came by and told us it was on her. It was truly special.

Steve

We have eaten here four or five times since 2006 and have never had a bad meal. The worst I can say is we got slow service once (they were way understaffed that night).

This is one of the few restaurants my DH requests every trip. Food and service have always been great!

We need some opinions to decide if this is one of the new places we should try.

Our Ratings of Boatwrights: (*rev 12/19/2016*)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a

Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Pirogue Platter
. . . entree:.. Sassagoula Short Ribs
. . . dessert:. Banana Pudding

NOTE1: Boatwrights used to get good reviews, but over the past few years has really gone down hill in the food quality department. In our opinion, it is below average, BUT QUALITY IS COMING BACK. The VooDoo Chicken was true hoo-doo. We did enjoy the Blackened Catfish. The steaks are average in quality, but tasty ONLY because of the amount of added sodium. For dessert, the Banana Pudding Cake was heavenly. Yes, it is convenient for the resort guests, but not very highly recommended. If staying at POR, we recommend walking to the POFQ food court.
NOTE2: Hanging lanterns illuminate the cavernous dining hall, and the skeletal hull of a lugger fishing boat is suspended on high as its centerpiece. Warm yourself by the fire as you spy antique shipbuilding tools on the walls: C-clamps, saw blades, axes and more.

We attempted to visit Boatwrights earlier this year. We didn't have ADRs but the place was pretty empty, so we were surprised when the CM told us they were full and not taking walk-ins. With a couple of pointed glances at all of the empty seating, we thanked her for her time and ambled off to find a more welcoming restaurant to spend our money in. So we never did eat there, but the number of empty seats made us think it probably all worked out for the best.

Oh my its nice to see such positive reviews of Boatwrights here. But i know from watching the Dis ratings of restaurants that Pete does not have anything positive to say about Boatwrights. It would be interesting for Pete to offer his opinions here

So glad to see these positive reviews. Boatrights is one of those restaurants we keep meaning to get to. DH LOVES the type of food they have on their menu-cajun, shrimp and grits, etc. I'm not crazy about those offerings, but I'm sure I can find something.

Family was staying at the PORFQ and enjoyed the stroll down the canal to the restaurant each evening....We liked the atmosphere and our food was good...our server was attentive...this was Jan..2015
We usually stay at the Epcot resorts and dine over there...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter