Thoughts on Lowball Offer

The posters here encouraged me to be bold and submit a lowball offer on CCV back in September. 175 points listed @ $140/pt. Offered $125/pt and it was accepted within a couple of hours. Did not want to jinx it before passing ROFR since this is my first contract. Jumping for joy that we passed ROFR today :tigger::donald:

Thanks for sharing your experiences and good luck to everyone else who is waiting!

The posters here encouraged me to be bold and submit a lowball offer on CCV back in September. 175 points listed @ $140/pt. Offered $125/pt and it was accepted within a couple of hours. Did not want to jinx it before passing ROFR since this is my first contract. Jumping for joy that we passed ROFR today :tigger::donald:

Thanks for sharing your experiences and good luck to everyone else who is waiting!
You will pass ROFR do not worry.

Woohoo!! Congrats and welcome home!! That's a fantastic price, and the WL is just the best place to call home.

Thank you! Looking forward to staying there and taking advantage of the 11 month window. Hoping we get our points by mid-December to book a 9 night stay in a 2BR for November 2021. Sending pixie dust that your contacts move quickly.

We are first time DVC buyers. We are looking to get around 200 points at Boardwalk. What price per point is reasonable? We are willing to play the offer/'counter offer game! Really appreciate any and all advice!

We are first time DVC buyers. We are looking to get around 200 points at Boardwalk. What price per point is reasonable? We are willing to play the offer/'counter offer game! Really appreciate any and all advice!

I have seen an average of $110 to $120 lately. Check the ROFR thread to get an idea of what people have actually settled on,

Check out the ROFR thread and stalk all resellers daily - preferably in the early morning. After you do your research, write down your perfect contract - UY, number of points, if you want banked or stripped and price. Keep a notebook daily with comparable contracts so you are always current and know the market.

Looking for contracts that linger for a couple weeks may give you an advantage with negotiating... Sometimes you can make a lower bid and score, other times a list price is firm, but you won't know until you try.

Trust me, if you do your homework now, when you see that "perfect" contract hit, you won't hesitate and have to rethink it all as you have already figured it out! Good luck!

I have seen an average of $110 to $120 lately. Check the ROFR thread to get an idea of what people have actually settled on,
Was wondering why the drastically high resale prices of $183-$185 for a Boardwalk contract of 25-50 points considering purchasing direct is $200?

Was wondering why the drastically high resale prices of $183-$185 for a Boardwalk contract of 25-50 points considering purchasing direct is $200?
Probably because the sellers think someone will pay it. Those small contracts are relatively rare and BWW standard studios very popular, especially during the fall. Many enjoy split stays during that time and one can get 2-5 nights for 25-50 points.

I was wondering that also. They have been sitting for a few days, which is rare for small contracts, because the asking price is too high! I agree for that small difference I'd just call DVD directly and have the points available this afternoon...unless, there's a waitlist?

The really small contracts can make sense for a non-owner because they can't simply call DVC to buy that small of a contract without already being an owner. I saw a BCV one get posted higher than direct pricing and it had multiple offers immediately (15 points I believe it was).

The really small contracts can make sense for a non-owner because they can't simply call DVC to buy that small of a contract without already being an owner. I saw a BCV one get posted higher than direct pricing and it had multiple offers immediately (15 points I believe it was).
We currently own at AKV 220 total direct (2007 and 2009) and we were looking either at Boardwalk or Boulder Ridge and that's when we noticed that Boardwalk resales were so high. Hoping that these prices come down.

Hi there, I guess this is my first post, although I have been following the board for some time. Just wanted to share that I am in the process of buying into one of those boardwalk 50 point contracts and we have already sent paperwork for ROFR. This will be my first ever DVC contract.

I do have one question, I was not aware that a member could buy into older DVC resorts. Does this apply to Blue card members or could I eventually add on directly from Disney another 50 Point contract considering I bought resale? Hope someone can give me some guidance. Thanks.

I do have one question, I was not aware that a member could buy into older DVC resorts. Does this apply to Blue card members or could I eventually add on directly from Disney another 50 Point contract considering I bought resale? Hope someone can give me some guidance. Thanks.
Regarding a willingness to take your money, Disney sees all members as equal.

"Give me your 2nd class, your ROFR'D, your white card masses yearning to spend money for the next 21 plus years to see a fake castle."

Yes. You can add on anywhere subject to availability. You don't even need to be a member. But you do need to be a member to get member prices, if those exist.

Just wanted to add my appreciation to this thread for the inspiration to try an aggressive offer. Here's my resale story:

We've wanted to add a HHI contract to our existing home of AKV for a while. I'd been watching prices on the ROFR thread during the pandemic and mentioned to my wife one morning in early August that Disney hadn't been exercising ROFR and maybe we could try to get some points rather inexpensively "during these unprecedented times" (to borrow an overused phrase). She said, "Go for it" and I had an offer accepted before lunchtime! I offered on two listings, but I suspect that they were the same contract, just listed with different brokers. They were listed at $75/point (if my memory is correct) and I offered $62 on the first one. They countered (maybe at $70 or even a little higher?) and I told the broker that I would keep looking and moved on to the second listing. At the time, I didn't suspect that they were the same contract. For the second one, I again offered $62 and they countered at $65 and I accepted. I was surprised that they came back so close to my offer and that's the moment that I suspected I was dealing with the same seller -- I think they got the same offer from two of their brokers, for the same amount, and knew that I was the same buyer and was shopping for something closer to my original offer, so countered close to my offer. So, I may have fumbled through it, a little bit blindly, but got what I wanted.

The contract doesn't have any points coming until the 2021 Use Year, but we're skittish about traveling right now, so we're happy to wait to use those points. (On our original AKV contract, we took a big trip to WDW over New Years', so have luckily entered the pandemic low on points.)

Also, shortly after our contract was submitted for ROFR, Disney started buying again, but ours passed mid-September. I got word yesterday that our deed was recorded and sent to Disney, so I finally feel confident enough that no unforeseen issue is going to pop up and that I can post my story for you.

Congratulations - nice contract!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter