Thoughts on Standard/Premier category on Eurostar

luvgoing2disney

DIS Veteran
We are planning our trip for next summer and I am reading mixed reviews on whether or not to use the Standard or Premier seating categories. I've read what is included in each, but for those who have used either or both, which would you recommend and why?

Last edited:
In essence the only differences are that you get larger seats and a small food offering.

We normally upgrade to Premier if there isn't too much of a price difference (normally around £9pp) but certainly wouldn't pay more than that for it. You haven't said the ages of your party but if you have any under 5s who don't get their own seat, the extra spacious seats in Premier can be a blessing. We've easily squeezed in two adults and one under 5 on two seats.

If you're not sure which class you'd like most, take the cheapest you can find.

DW and I like travelling in Premier because of the larger space. We even like Business Premier more, because of lounge access and expedited check-in procedure. But, once again, if you're not sure, certainly do not waste your money on it. You'll enjoy your trip no matter which class, and maybe you'll find out that you'd like to try a slightly more expensive class on your next trip, if you so chose. Or maybe you'll just find that the Standard was more than enough! After all, the train is just a few hours, and your vacation is longer than that. :)

Forgive me for being naive, but is this the train that goes from London to Paris or visa versa? We are thinking of taking the train from London to Paris after our EBTA cruise. We plan to fly to London from Barcelona and then fly home from Paris (we already have the air to home purchased). My husband doesn't think it will be convenient with luggage to travel by train. Any insights would be appreciated on where to stay as well. We would like to visit DLP for one or two days.

Forgive me for being naive, but is this the train that goes from London to Paris or visa versa? We are thinking of taking the train from London to Paris after our EBTA cruise. We plan to fly to London from Barcelona and then fly home from Paris (we already have the air to home purchased). My husband doesn't think it will be convenient with luggage to travel by train. Any insights would be appreciated on where to stay as well. We would like to visit DLP for one or two days.

I must admit getting the luggage on and off the train is the only downside to travelling by Eurostar. There never seems to be enough luggage storage racks on board - this mainly as people use them for smaller cases rather than putting these in the overhead compartment.

That being said, if you're going from London to Paris then you are doing the full route and therefore don't have to worry about getting on and off quickly.

I do absolutely love the Eurostar I just find it so much less hassle than flying!

I must admit getting the luggage on and off the train is the only downside to travelling by Eurostar. There never seems to be enough luggage storage racks on board - this mainly as people use them for smaller cases rather than putting these in the overhead compartment.

That being said, if you're going from London to Paris then you are doing the full route and therefore don't have to worry about getting on and off quickly.

I do absolutely love the Eurostar I just find it so much less hassle than flying!
Thank you! Great information! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts