Thoughts on this plan

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Looking at next February. 3 nights at sapphire resort to enjoy pool and relax for the 2 days Then transfer to a deluxe hotel for 2 nights for two days of EP before departure day. We have a 6 day ticket so could go into parks on 2nd day while at sapphire to do some less busy rides. This will be first trip.
Another option is since we have 6 day tickets stay at sapphire the whole time and divide day in half with rides and pool. Not sure about how to plan days without EP. Dd will be 8 and is not a morning person. Thanks!

I would start at the premier hotel for 2 nights as the day you check out and relocate to Sfalls, your premier room key is valid for ep for day 3 even if you are no longer a guest

Looking at 2021 holiday calendar, you have Valentines day on Sunday and Presidents’ Day on Monday (15)

three day weekends brings in crowds
Super bowl and Lincoln’s birthday are the other “holidays”

I would start at the premier hotel for 2 nights as the day you check out and relocate to Sfalls, your premier room key is valid for ep for day 3 even if you are no longer a guest

Looking at 2021 holiday calendar, you have Valentines day on Sunday and Presidents’ Day on Monday (15)

three day weekends brings in crowds
Super bowl and Lincoln’s birthday are the other “holidays”
This would be last week of February not over presidents.

You should be fine then

I would have to pull up last years threads to read experiences peeps had at the end of the month to say much more on estimated crowd periods

Agree with doing the Deluxe first. Three days with EPs, should let you see everything at a leisurely pace and ride things you like multiple times. For your non-EP days at SF, you can get a lot done in the morning and you can also do the shows which are not really crowd dependent.

I've seen people with 5+ day tickets quite a bit recently, and I'm trying to understand the rationale vs getting annual passes. Are these being purchased with CC points? A 3-day park-to-park ticket costs more than a Seasonal Pass and a 5-day if almost as expensive as a Power Pass. The annual passes have the ability to get the APH rates at the hotels, which can save hundreds of dollars over a 5 night stay. The only downside is the blockout dates, but that won't affect you in February. So consider upgrading at least one to an AP, if you can get the hotels booked with an APH rate...

Agree with doing the Deluxe first. Three days with EPs, should let you see everything at a leisurely pace and ride things you like multiple times. For your non-EP days at SF, you can get a lot done in the morning and you can also do the shows which are not really crowd dependent.

I've seen people with 5+ day tickets quite a bit recently, and I'm trying to understand the rationale vs getting annual passes. Are these being purchased with CC points? A 3-day park-to-park ticket costs more than a Seasonal Pass and a 5-day if almost as expensive as a Power Pass. The annual passes have the ability to get the APH rates at the hotels, which can save hundreds of dollars over a 5 night stay. The only downside is the blockout dates, but that won't affect you in February. So consider upgrading at least one to an AP, if you can get the hotels booked with an APH rate...
These are old.tickets we purchased in 2007!

I would much rather do a split stay than not have EPs. I agree with PP that it makes the most sense to start at the deluxe hotel so that you have EP for check-in day, day two, and check-out day. You can get everything done then while you're fresh. Then you can use the remaining days to relax at Sapphire Falls. Since you'll still have ticket days left, you can just go into the parks at your leisure and re-ride what you want, since you'll have already accomplished everything during the deluxe portion of your stay.

IMO, EPs enhance the trip overall - you can tour at a leisurely pace and in any order you want, you can sleep in with no need to make rope drop, and its just more relaxed and enjoyable. No strategizing and checking wait times.

I would much rather do a split stay than not have EPs. I agree with PP that it makes the most sense to start at the deluxe hotel so that you have EP for check-in day, day two, and check-out day. You can get everything done then while you're fresh. Then you can use the remaining days to relax at Sapphire Falls. Since you'll still have ticket days left, you can just go into the parks at your leisure and re-ride what you want, since you'll have already accomplished everything during the deluxe portion of your stay.

IMO, EPs enhance the trip overall - you can tour at a leisurely pace and in any order you want, you can sleep in with no need to make rope drop, and its just more relaxed and enjoyable. No strategizing and checking wait times.
It doesn't make sense for us to get EP on check in day because we travel from.VT and would most likely arrive later afternoon. Also.it might not go well with the family to start deluxe and then downgrade. I was just reading about the new Nintendo park opening in 2023 and now wonder if we should wait...of course hotel prices could go.up with a new park!

I think it’s absolutely worthwhile to spend a couple of days using express pass. If your departure day is short, ie you have an early flight, what about doing a couple of nights at Sapphire, a couple of nights at a premier hotel, then your last night close to the airport in a cheap hotel? Whatever you choose I absolutely would not give up the opportunity to try express pass. It makes Universal so great. Love Men in Black? Ride it 8X in a row. Etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!