Thoughts on VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY

Will the VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY happen in 2020?

• Total voters

Can_Dannn

Mouseketeer
Thoughts on if the MVMCP is going to happen in 2020
We had August 2020 trip planned to go to first Halloween party of 2020, but that got canned.

Next planned is Nov - hoping for Christmas Party of some sort to be offered.

Honestly, I just don't see it happening, since Disney has suspended all of the things that gather crowds, and therefore make the special parties special (fireworks, parades, castle shows), and they probably wouldn't want CMs and guests in close contact receiving cookies and treats. Plus with the whole actors equity union issue, it would be hard to run the party. Decorations will definitely go up but unfortunately I don't see any Christmas activities happening this year at WDW

I think all parties will be cancelled this year (halloween and christmas) but I do think they will decorate and I also think they're probably going to do Festival of the Holidays at epcot in some way shape or form just like they are doing Food and Wine/Flower Garden.

I think all parties will be cancelled this year (halloween and christmas) but I do think they will decorate and I also think they're probably going to do Festival of the Holidays at epcot in some way shape or form just like they are doing Food and Wine/Flower Garden.
Probably just the food booths for festival of the holidays. Can’t see them doing the story telling and shows without the international CMs.

Probably just the food booths for festival of the holidays. Can’t see them doing the story telling and shows without the international CMs.

Totally agree - just the food booths. No candlelight processional, no story telling - i bet they do christmas themed cavalcades and whatnot as well. And I think the castle will still be "frozen" which....really is all I need in my life.

No, I don't think they'll do any parties this year. It's going to be a quiet Christmas at Disney World.

I know it's apples and oranges, but I work for the largest non-government employer in Missouri. We just extending our "No in person training, fund raisers, celebrations or other "gatherings" of 50 people or more" until 2021.

Our metro area is seeing increases, but nothing like Florida has recently (although Florida is showing signs of improvement in the last week). I may not be in the 0.1% likelihood, but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

j

Honestly, I just don't see it happening, since Disney has suspended all of the things that gather crowds, and therefore make the special parties special (fireworks, parades, castle shows), and they probably wouldn't want CMs and guests in close contact receiving cookies and treats. Plus with the whole actors equity union issue, it would be hard to run the party. Decorations will definitely go up but unfortunately I don't see any Christmas activities happening this year at WDW

THIS^ It was the same reason they had to cancel halloween - everything that merits the upcharge is pretty much impossible given the safety restrictions. (Although just the chance to experience the park at night might be a big benefit many people would gladly pay extra for, since they and universal are only open during the days right now.)

With Halloween off, I just can't see how Christmas happens this year. I won't be surprised if WDW ends up closing again.

I know it's apples and oranges, but I work for the largest non-government employer in Missouri. We just extending our "No in person training, fund raisers, celebrations or other "gatherings" of 50 people or more" until 2021.

Our metro area is seeing increases, but nothing like Florida has recently (although Florida is showing signs of improvement in the last week). I may not be in the 0.1% likelihood, but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

j

CES the huge electronics show Has already cancelled their January 2021 event.

I'm not expecting Christmas party and I'm not expecting Marathon weekend to happen (though still training).

As much as I want it to happen for our November trip, I just don't realistically think it will be possible this year 😢.

I agree. The parades, special character meet and greets, and special fireworks shows are the big draw for many people with the holiday parties. So without that there sin't much point to doing them. AS others said i' sure the pars will still be decked out for the holidays just no special events for it this year.

I'm hoping they can pull off the Halloween parties next year. There's no way they can do any after hours events this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts