Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It would be unlikely that you could score FOP....

Oh man, I don't know why that didn't occur to me earlier. Well. I don't see any way to work around that without spending a ton more money and I'm not doing that. I'll just have to hope I luck out for FOP at 55 days (since I'll be 5 days behind resort guests).

Silly question, but we did a throwaway and decided to just make it a package (tickets and dining plan) since our trip was short and we wouldn't be able to get discount tickets for a 2-day trip elsewhere.

My question is are we only able to get our refillable mugs at the resort? I would hate to miss out on 11 refillable mugs, but with only two days and never having been before, I would seriously hate spending valuable time going to the resort when we wouldn't need to otherwise. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

So excited to have found this thread! We are going to the parks for 4 days in late November. Booked a campsite for the 2 nights bookending our park days - for ourselves, kids and our parents (you are allowed 10 guests per campsite).

Each night at the campsite was $74.00 (a little north of $150 with taxes). Since we have 2 vehicles between us and all parties get free parking, we will get 4 days of parking 2 vehicles for free ($160 total). So, we've paid for it right there with the free parking! Not to mention the 10 free Magicbands we will be getting ($130+ value) and the 60 day booking window plus Extra Magic Hours. WOOHOO!!!!!

Silly question, but we did a throwaway and decided to just make it a package (tickets and dining plan) since our trip was short and we wouldn't be able to get discount tickets for a 2-day trip elsewhere.

My question is are we only able to get our refillable mugs at the resort? I would hate to miss out on 11 refillable mugs, but with only two days and never having been before, I would seriously hate spending valuable time going to the resort when we wouldn't need to otherwise. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Yes, refillable mugs are available ONLY at the resorts, and you can only refill them at the resorts. They are worthless in the parks and at Disney Springs.

Yes, refillable mugs are available ONLY at the resorts, and you can only refill them at the resorts. They are worthless in the parks and at Disney Springs.

Thank you! It makes more sense now that I know they are for resort use only. The said, I'm assuming we can just get them on our check out day for souvenirs since we don't plan on using them in the resorts at all.

What am I missing about the refillable mugs? We buy and use them when we have a resort stay but I think they make zero sense for a throwaway room. They cost $18 each and are very generic looking. You could get a much higher quality tumbler in the parks or Disney Springs for the same price or less.

What am I missing about the refillable mugs? We buy and use them when we have a resort stay but I think they make zero sense for a throwaway room. They cost $18 each and are very generic looking. You could get a much higher quality tumbler in the parks or Disney Springs for the same price or less.
The poster who will go to the Resort to pick up her mugs is purchasing a one-night package. This package includes a mug for each person.

This is more a question about how the 60 day countdown might work. Let say I book a night for June 15, thinking my first park day is June 15. Then my plans change and, oops, my first day is June 10. And the campground is booked so I can't change the day there. Does that mean, for FP+ purposes, that I would really get 55 day advance FPs for that first day? I would have to wait until 60 days before June 15, right?

OR, would I not even be able to book the June 10 FPs until 30 days?!? Am I not able to book 60 day FP before my trip?

I have a college degree... and having 2 kids hasn't made me lose that many brain cells... yet I still can't wrap my mind around the rolling days thing. So if I have a throwaway room booked on the first night of our trip - Sunday to Monday - and I am trying to get FOP FP.... would it be advantageous to move my AK day from Friday to Tuesday (the earliest I can move it to, Sunday - MK and Monday - EP are set in stone)?

I have a college degree... and having 2 kids hasn't made me lose that many brain cells... yet I still can't wrap my mind around the rolling days thing. So if I have a throwaway room booked on the first night of our trip - Sunday to Monday - and I am trying to get FOP FP.... would it be advantageous to move my AK day from Friday to Tuesday (the earliest I can move it to, Sunday - MK and Monday - EP are set in stone)?
No, there would be no advantage to doing that, at 60 days from the Sunday, you can book FPs for the Sunday and Monday at the same time, then 60 days from the Tuesday you can book that day, then the next day you can book the Wednesday etc. So it is only the Monday you can book at more than 60 days out.

Not a throwaway room, but similar concept. We are going on a Disney cruise to be followed by the parks. It looks like free dining will end the day before our cruise ends. Are we able to book our hotel for the day before we arrive in order to qualify for free dining? We would be staying at the resort, just not the first night.

Not a throwaway room, but similar concept. We are going on a Disney cruise to be followed by the parks. It looks like free dining will end the day before our cruise ends. Are we able to book our hotel for the day before we arrive in order to qualify for free dining? We would be staying at the resort, just not the first night.
Sounds like a good plan if the number$ work in your favor.

Unless you know something that no one else here knows, there have been zero announcements as to dates for any free dining promotion...or even that there will be a free dining promotion*.

*US offers, that is.

Hi. I just had a reply here deleted. Can the Deleter send me a direct message please so I can better understand why and not be a repeat offender.

Thanks.

Hi. I just had a reply here deleted. Can the Deleter send me a direct message please so I can better understand why and not be a repeat offender.

Thanks.
Because you only have a total of “1” Message, the explanation did not reach you.

You must have a total of 10 posts before you can engage in a Conversation/PM.

This is from the OP of this thread:
“What is a Throwaway Room?

A throwaway room is an onsite Disney Resort reservation, made by an offsite guest, for the purpose of obtaining onsite privileges. Typically these reservations are made with no intention of staying in the resort, hence the "throwaway" moniker. They are often made at The Campsites at Disney's Ft. Wilderness Resort or a value resort, and can be made for one or more days, up to the length of the offsite stay.”

Booking and then discussing canceling the Throwaway Room is not allowed in this thread. All posts regarding Canceling are deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter