Thv

CoffeeCup

Mouseketeer
Our home resort is AKV, and we've always stayed at Jambo House when at WDW. Next year we're taking extra people, and DH wants to stay at THV for the extra space. He has been inside them and loves the theming. We don't want to use the points for a GV. I've watched several videos, read some reviews, and don't love them yet. I haven't seen them discussed very much on this board, and I would enjoy reading the opinions of people who have stayed there. The size and layout will work for our group, but I have concerns about how far they are from everything. If we use Disney Magic Express, will we have to drag our luggage from the registration building to the Tree House? Do we have to take a bus to the pool and to the bus stop to go to the parks? The location seems very inconvenient to me, and I think I'll miss the resort atmosphere. We won't have young children with us, and the teenagers in our group can get themselves where they want to go. DH and I are in our 60's but don't have problems walking or climbing stairs. We don't spend a lot of time in the parks since we've been so many times. I'm trying to be open minded about the Tree Houses since we'll need space for 7 people(adults and teenagers), but I'm not sure we'll enjoy a tree house. I'd love to hear from people who have stayed there.

We've stayed in a THV two times, once with 5 adults and 3 children and once with 4 adults and 3 children, and we all agreed that they are great. 2 of us are in our 60s and I do have difficulty walking and climbing stairs, but still it worked. We especially enjoyed having the grill at the bottom of the stairs, we love having a cookout meal!

The kids were 7.8,9 during at least one of the stays, and they got along fine going to the main pool along the walking path. We used the busses and did not experience long delays that sometimes are mentioned here.

Both I and my son really love being in the woods, so to speak, and the rest of the family went along with the adventure. Because they raised the points for a THV, I am less inclined to book one now, but that's just "me" and I get the feeling I may relent, and by that time, I will need one of the HA ones.

You are in the woods, away from SSR. DME drops off at SSR, have Bell Services take you and your luggage to your room.

There is a bus that runs between THV and SSR.

Check out Google Maps, some rooms are close to SSR, others farther away.

There is a small pool at the THV.

:earsboy: Bill

Our stay at the THV was my least favorite WDW vacation; it ranks 25th of 25 vacations!

We arrived via towncar so we had our luggage with us. We had to wait 45 minutes for bell services to have time to take us and our luggage to our treehouse. We had the treehouse 2nd from the entrance so almost as far from SSR as we could be. I know this part is a fluke but our room keys didn't work and we had to wait for Bell Services to call the front desk and take his golf cart and go get us new keys. This ate up another hour as we stood on the deck waiting for entrance.

We loved the treehouse itself but we didn't like the pool, the internal bus system, etc. We had no children in our group and the 3rd bedroom bunks were worthless because they were too small--they are built for kids.

None of us enjoyed being that remote. We don't cook so the grill wasn't a perk we used. We enjoy pool time but we want to be at a themed pool so we had to trek over to the Springs section at SSR, about a 15 minute walk for us.

I realize I'm in the minority as almost every post on these boards raves about their stays here. For our family, we would not stay here again.

The two bunk beds may be a problem unless two teens can sleep in them.

No king sized beds. Two queen beds, two bunks, one queen sleeper sofa and a twin sized sleeper chair. Only two bathrooms.

Thank you for the comments on THV, and I hope more of you will express opinions. Unfortunately, no one has made me love the idea of staying there yet. We love the woods, but we have woods behind our house and are surrounded by trees.
Pakey, how small are the bunk beads? We were planning to have teenagers sleep there, and one is over 6 feet tall while the other is shorter and overweight. Would they be comfortable?

Thank you for the comments on THV, and I hope more of you will express opinions. Unfortunately, no one has made me love the idea of staying there yet. We love the woods, but we have woods behind our house and are surrounded by trees.
Pakey, how small are the bunk beads? We were planning to have teenagers sleep there, and one is over 6 feet tall while the other is shorter and overweight. Would they be comfortable?

The 6 ft tall person would not fit. I think anyone over 5'9" would have an uncomfortable sleep in those bunk beds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter