Ticket vs. annual pass... seems too good to be true

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a question on upgrading to an AP that I did not see answered here.
I was reviewing the ticket I have now and it is a 3 Park explorer ticket.
I had planned to upgrade to a 2 park season pass on the day I arrive as I am not that interested in Volcano bay and I was hoping to book an early entry to HHN and a HHN Q&A
Look like the Q&A will probably not be an option as they are already filling up - and the AP early entry is nice - but not that big a deal if you have express pass.
From what i have read I can upgrade any time during the 14 days - so in theory I could check out VB and then upgrade to the AP (although some people say you must then upgrade to the three park pass - others say you dont - I guess it depends on the policy that day)
Anyway - The bigger question I had is about the expiration date of the AP - is it one year from the day you upgrade or one year from the first day you used the initial ticket?
The extra 10 days would be nice for planning HHN next year as I would have a bit more flexibility in dates - I like to get two years of HHN with the AP.

The AP will start the first day your explorer ticket was used.

If you are not interested in VB, do not go to that park before you upgrade or you will have to buy the 3 park AP. (Probably)

However, when you renew the AP next year, there are reports they are letting people downgrade to a 2 park pass and there is a discount for renewing.

Question about upgrading an Undercover Tourist 2 day park to park ticket with the free day...when you enter the park to activate the current value of the ticket, do they give you the value of the online ticket price or the gate ticket price?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to upgrade one of our tickets to the preferred AP that is $384.99
If I buy the 4+1 free from UT it's $307.95. The online value for 5 days would be $335.46 after tax. The gate value is $356.77. So when I upgrade to the preferred pass am I paying a difference of $74.55 or $53.24? Or is the gate price of an AP $20 more as well?

I will need 5 day 2 park-park tickets for our November trip....the 4 + 1 free is $307 and the seasonal AP is $285. The Universal site is not working for me right now but I m pretty sure my numbers are correct. Anyways....it seems like a no brainer to get the AP but we are going to be there the weekend after Thanksgiving and the following Saturday so we would be blocked out both days because of the Mannheim concerts, correct? Are the concerts on Saturday and Sunday? Im not too concerned with the last Saturday as we are leaving that day but the Sunday after Thanksgiving will be our first day in the parks and I would hate to be limited. so two questions...when do we know the concert dates.....soon?? second question, would I be refunded the difference of 307-285 if I upgraded to a seasonal pass?

I will need 5 day 2 park-park tickets for our November trip....the 4 + 1 free is $307 and the seasonal AP is $285. The Universal site is not working for me right now but I m pretty sure my numbers are correct. Anyways....it seems like a no brainer to get the AP but we are going to be there the weekend after Thanksgiving and the following Saturday so we would be blocked out both days because of the Mannheim concerts, correct? Are the concerts on Saturday and Sunday? Im not too concerned with the last Saturday as we are leaving that day but the Sunday after Thanksgiving will be our first day in the parks and I would hate to be limited. so two questions...when do we know the concert dates.....soon?? second question, would I be refunded the difference of 307-285 if I upgraded to a seasonal pass?

You don't need to upgrade immediately. I would use your tickets for the first Saturday and Sunday so you aren't blocked out and then upgrade at the end of your Sunday. I have heard of people being issued gift cards for the difference in prices.

Hard to tell with concert dates, but I would use last year's as a guideline.

Question about upgrading an Undercover Tourist 2 day park to park ticket with the free day...when you enter the park to activate the current value of the ticket, do they give you the value of the online ticket price or the gate ticket price?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to upgrade one of our tickets to the preferred AP that is $384.99
If I buy the 4+1 free from UT it's $307.95. The online value for 5 days would be $335.46 after tax. The gate value is $356.77. So when I upgrade to the preferred pass am I paying a difference of $74.55 or $53.24? Or is the gate price of an AP $20 more as well?

After going through the gates you should get full gate value. So you should expect to pay $53.24 to upgrade. I'm doing similar by buying the 4+1 tix and upgrading to the Power pass for only $10.xx a ticket saving me just about $50 a ticket (there are four of us) over buying the power pass direct online.

Can I buy seasonal pass now, and use the hotel discount to book a future (this Nov) trip before activating the passes on arrival?

Are the discounted hotels 25% off the seasonal rate or does it also depend on the hotel?

Looking at Nov28-Dec1 at cabana bay.

Can I buy seasonal pass now, and use the hotel discount to book a future (this Nov) trip before activating the passes on arrival?

Are the discounted hotels 25% off the seasonal rate or does it also depend on the hotel?

Looking at Nov28-Dec1 at cabana bay.
I am wondering the same thing:confused:.. I believe that you can buy the seasonal pass now, use the hotel discount to book a discount, but hopefully someone will chime in. From the Lowes website, when you choose your hotel then under promotions put in APH, the rate comes up..I would have to believe that you have to show proof of APH which would not be a problem. The good thing is that the "clock starts running" from the first day of activation, not the first day of purchase. In fact, perhaps you don't have to purchase the AP till right before your day of arrival at the hotel..there didn't seem to be anything other than APH under promotions required to complete booking.

I am wondering the same thing:confused:.. I believe that you can buy the seasonal pass now, use the hotel discount to book a discount, but hopefully someone will chime in. From the Lowes website, when you choose your hotel then under promotions put in APH, the rate comes up..I would have to believe that you have to show proof of APH which would not be a problem. The good thing is that the "clock starts running" from the first day of activation, not the first day of purchase. In fact, perhaps you don't have to purchase the AP till right before your day of arrival at the hotel..there didn't seem to be anything other than APH under promotions required to complete booking.

It's faster to use the link in the first post of the APH sticky. It shows all the hotels at once with the APH discount.

OH boy, I almost messed up. I planned to buy tickets for kids from ticketsatwork, they had buy 2 days get 3 free for $273 (incl tax), however, tickets expire 17.Sept and we are staying through 18th. ugh!
So, now I guess I should buy them seasonal ap for $304? Any other multi-day deals out there?
I have seasonal AP for hotel discounts and renewal was only $243!
thank you!
I have been waiting for that deal to reboot also. Just purchased from them on the new Buy 2 days get 2 days free (Park to Park - 2 park). Price was $239 adult and $232 child. Tax was about $21 each. So total $260 adult ticket. Compared to UT at $270 for buy 2 get 1. If you can get access to tickets at work its cheaper.

I have been waiting for that deal to reboot also. Just purchased from them on the new Buy 2 days get 2 days free (Park to Park - 2 park). Price was $239 adult and $232 child. Tax was about $21 each. So total $260 adult ticket. Compared to UT at $270 for buy 2 get 1. If you can get access to tickets at work its cheaper.

So if I did this and then upgraded at the park. I would get a $303.51 value towards an upgrade?

Can I ask where you purchased these tickets from ?
They are showing at $264.99 plus tax on the Universal site.
Thanks

Question if I buy the 4 day plus 1 free from UT for $307.95 and and Universal values 5 days at $335.45 and then after we are there upgrade to a seasonal pass for $303.52 will Universal refund me $32 dollars? TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter