It's certainly a way to budget, too, and is sort of a payment plan, if the date-based tickets are less expensive than the Gold AP. Instead of paying $$ for the Gold AP, pay $ for the date-based tickets and then later another $ for the difference between that and the Gold AP.
However, we might want to take a lesson from the recent events.
Paying well in advance (even partially) for something like this can cause some greater difficulties if
"other things" (your end or their end) come into play before your dates.

A more secure way for you to save (but still retain access to) your money is to put it in the bank
until near the latest you need to buy tickets or APs.

Last edited:
If I book a package to start 8/9 with 2 day tickets,
1. can I pick them up on 8/2 to apply them to annual passes?
2. Do I need to go to that hotel or just to any guest services?
1. No NEED to "pick up" anything.
2. Go to any Guest Relations and ask to upgrade your (as yet, unused) tickets.
The tickets will be in your MDX account files.

If I do the FD for folks rescheduling, I will have 2 one park per day 2 day tickets (one for me and one for DH) along with 2 one park per day 1 day tickets that I had already purchased that are currently connected to DH in MDE.

Can I apply those extra tickets I underlined above to my AP renewal?

Thank you so much. There was a 15 minute wait to get the info on the phone and I said I would check in this awesome group and they would help me so that I didn't tie up the phone lines.

The CM was awesome...she just didn't know the answer to this particular question.

Hope this is right the place to ask this, we're eligible for the FD offer, but we already have our tickets from a third-party. I haven't called yet as I don't want to tie up the lines if someone here can answer my question. Would we just need to buy a 2-day ticket from Disney to create our FD package? Would it be a full-price 2-day ticket or could we "add" those 2-days for the cheaper add-on rate? I chatted with a CM this morning and she didn't know.

Hope this is right the place to ask this, we're eligible for the FD offer, but we already have our tickets from a third-party. I haven't called yet as I don't want to tie up the lines if someone here can answer my question. Would we just need to buy a 2-day ticket from Disney to create our FD package? Would it be a full-price 2-day ticket or could we "add" those 2-days for the cheaper add-on rate? I chatted with a CM this morning and she didn't know.
I assume you would need to include a full ticket in your package, not "adding" days to your current ticket. Usually for free-dining there is a minimum # of days as well as (I think) hopper, but I haven't read if that is true for this special offer or not. You can save any ticket you purchase with the package and use as a credit towards a future visit.

ETA: I just read another post where someone has confirmed the minimum requirement is a 2-day ticket.

Enjoy your rescheduled vacation!

Last edited:

You would very likely have to purchase the 2 day ticket as part of the package rather than upgrading your existing ticket to a longer ticket.

-Would we just need to buy a 2-day ticket from Disney to create our FD package? Would it be a full-price 2-day ticket or could we "add" those 2-days for the cheaper add-on rate? I chatted with a CM this morning and she didn't know.
I assume you would need to include a full ticket in your package, not "adding" days to your current ticket...
Yes.
New ticket bought as part of the package.

But, more to the point...
Even if you could do so, why would you even want to "extend" your current ticket by adding more days, if you were not going to be at WDW for those added days, anyway?

Let me first apologize if this answer has been posted somewhere. I’ve searched and can’t find an answer to my exact question, but it’s possible I missed it. I, like many of you, am experiencing stress at the moment and not always thinking clearly!

So here’s my situation. I purchased tickets from UCT for use in May. It’s pretty clear that we are going to need to postpone the trip, and my family has been discussing possible timeframes that would work for us. The tickets expire in December 2020. If we choose to postpone the trip until sometime next year, I understand that we cannot use these tickets, but they retain their value toward purchase of new tickets. My question is, can this be accomplished online or over the phone? I would prefer not to have to wait to do it in person because I would want to book FP+ in advance. We are weighing a lot of pros and cons with regards to rescheduling, and knowing the answer to this question would help me out a lot.

My question is, can this be accomplished online or over the phone?

I think you will be able to push them out to new dates online (or by phone if MDE is glitchy) as long as you do so before the Dec. expiration date. Once tickets expire, them seem to "disappear" from view - though WDW is able to see them. Right now, you can't purchase tickets for 2021, but I expect that to become available this summer when WDW releases 2021 rates, and it should definitely be available before your tickets expire. You will need to pay any additional cost based on your new dates.

Sorry your plans were impacted; enjoy your rescheduled vacation!

Not sure if there is a CoViD ticket thread but have a question...

Right now I have a 1 person 5 day ticket and a 7 person 6 day ticket for June 19th - 26th & 28th. If the parks are closed for those dates as far as I understand it the tickets are automatically good until Dec 15th 2020. These were purchased from UT.

Assuming we cannot go any alternate time in 2020 would I get a credit of the face value of the tickets so that I could buy DIFFERENT day/person combination of tickets...say 9 or 6 people 4 day park hopper and then just pay the difference in cash value?....OR would I not be able to downgrade the ticket days or number of people?

Not sure if there is a CoViD ticket thread but have a question...

Right now I have a 1 person 5 day ticket and a 7 person 6 day ticket for June 19th - 26th & 28th. If the parks are closed for those dates as far as I understand it the tickets are automatically good until Dec 15th 2020. These were purchased from UT.

Assuming we cannot go any alternate time in 2020 would I get a credit of the face value of the tickets so that I could buy DIFFERENT day/person combination of tickets...say 9 or 6 people 4 day park hopper and then just pay the difference in cash value?....OR would I not be able to downgrade the ticket days or number of people?

You can't combine value of tickets when changing them (so like, you can't combine 8 tickets and apply the value to 9 new tickets) - it's a 1:1 conversion, one old ticket to one new ticket. there's no such thing as multi-person tickets, so you basically have 8 total tickets - one 5 day ticket and seven 6 day tickets. You can apply the value of each one of those tickets to a new ticket if they expire unused. If the new ticket is cheaper than the old ticket, you won't get a refund. If the new ticket is more expensive than the old ticket, you pay the difference between the value of the old ticket and the current cost of the new tickets.

So, just to clarify -- you have eight (8) individual tickets. One (1) is a 5-day ticket and seven (7) are 6-day tickets.

In general: unused but expired tickets retain value towards "upgrade" to a new ticket -- "upgrade" defined as any ticket costing more. You will need to pay the difference for the new ticket. WDW will not issue a refund if your credit is more than the cost of the new (cheaper) tickets. Upgrading or crediting is a 1:1 transaction - 1 ticket or credit towards 1 new ticket.

I understand UT has been refunding tickets for amount paid minus a 5% restocking fee. You should contact UT to confirm, but I believe you would need to return ALL 8 tickets. You could then purchase new based on your new dates and length of trip.

OR you can hold the WDW credit. Each individual ticket will retain that value for use at a future time (that value is higher than what you paid UT). They can all be used on the same future trip, or on multiple trips. You should be able to change them by calling WDW, even if the tickets "disappear" from MDE after expiration (before expiration you should be able to make the change yourself in MDE).

Whether to get a refund and repurchase later or simply hold the credit is really a personal choice dependent on your financial situation.

Enjoy your vacation!

So if I understand you two...after my 6/19/20 tickets expires on 12/16/20 that ticket will basically be a credit of the 6/19/20 WDW cost for each separate per person ticket.

Then come next year (or later) I can use that credit towards the purchase of a 4 day park hopper...at this point I am not worried if it is more or less money and more so trying to figure out how to stay 1 less night at the resort because of the price increase.

Going on a trip on 9/4/20. Bought 4 day tickets(FP day is 7/6).

Now I see this free dining package and thinking of taking a small trip in August 2020. I'm thinking I will buy the package (to get free dining) and then upgrade all my unused tickets into an AP once I arrive. It shouldn't be much more $$ at that point with so many unused tickets.

My concern then is about my FP selections for the September trip. When my tickets for September are used to upgrade to AP do I lose those AP selections? Sorry if this isn't the right spot for this question.

Going on a trip on 9/4/20. Bought 4 day tickets(FP day is 7/6).

Now I see this free dining package and thinking of taking a small trip in August 2020. I'm thinking I will buy the package (to get free dining) and then upgrade all my unused tickets into an AP once I arrive. It shouldn't be much more $$ at that point with so many unused tickets.

My concern then is about my FP selections for the September trip. When my tickets for September are used to upgrade to AP do I lose those AP selections? Sorry if this isn't the right spot for this question.
Are you talking about the special free dining offer or a regular free dining offer? For the special one, you would need to have a reservation this spring that was impacted by the COVID-19 closure. It wasn't clear from your post if you had a spring trip that was canceled.

Only 1 ticket can be upgraded to 1 AP. You cannot combine multiple tickets towards the upgrade. Maybe I'm mis-understanding, but it sounds like you want to combine more than 1 unused ticket to the AP.

If you upgrade the September ticket to AP, the FP selections will remain. Or will you upgrade the August tickets to AP? Either way, you will have 1 set of tickets to hold for future credit.

Enjoy your vacations!

Ive searched and searched. I think I have the right answer.

If i book a 7 day and 7 night package with park hopper and water park option...I have 11 days to use. Does that mean I can use after my hotel package stay has ended?

For instance go to the theme parks for 7 days, then do water parks for 4 days after off property?

Ive searched and searched. I think I have the right answer.

If i book a 7 day and 7 night package with park hopper and water park option...
1. I have 11 days to use.
2. Does that mean I can use after my hotel package stay has ended?
3. For instance go to the theme parks for 7 days, then do water parks for 4 days after off property?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter