We were planning to go to WDW in November - but unfortunately had to cancel that trip since we cannot even enter the US coming from the EU.
We've been able to cancel our flights and found a way to get a refund for our DVC rental resort reservations.

But is there a way to get a refund for our theme park tickets?
That can depend on when you bought the tickets.
Regardless, you can always "ask nicely" for a refund.

If you can't get a refund, even if you let your tickets expire, unused, you can still
use their value at the time of your purchase to help pay for new tickets when you are ready to make a trip in the future.

That can depend on when you bought the tickets.
Regardless, you can always "ask nicely" for a refund.

If you can't get a refund, even if you let your tickets expire, unused, you can still
use their value at the time of your purchase to help pay for new tickets when you are ready to make a trip in the future.
Thanks!

Would you be able to tell me, how/where to ask for a refund?
I tried an 0800 number earlier, but it seems that doesn't work when calling from Germany.

I have 8 day hoppers from a trip that didn't happen in May. Disney has extended my use date thru next September. Is there any hope in getting Disney to extend the use another month?
You can ask, but don't be surprised if they say no. I'm sure there are lots of folks who would like to extend their tickets to cover next fall, and I think it was a very intentional decision on the part of WDW to extend tickets to 9/26/2021. However, you should be able to use the value of your unused May 2020 tickets as credit toward new Oct. 2021 tickets.

My husband has a park pass and now he's unable to attend on that day. We'd like to bring my mom along instead. Is there any way to transfer his park pass to her?
They are now at capacity and now allowing new bookings on this particular day.

My husband has a park pass and now he's unable to attend on that day. We'd like to bring my mom along instead. Is there any way to transfer his park pass to her?
If you mean a park ticket...
Add her to your MyDisneyExperience account and transfer the ticket to her name.

If you mean a park reservation, call DIsney.

Last edited:
Are you asking about park tickets, or park reservations? Park tickets can be reassigned in MDE if they haven't been used yet. Park reservations are non-transferable- if you need a reservation for your mom, keep checking. People drop reservations frequently.

We go this November. We have the 4 park magic tickets. I was thinking we might want to go another day. Can we buy a 1 day ticket at our resort or the gate while we are there the day of? Or is it a bad idea to wait until the day of? We have always bought ours ahead of time.

We go this November. We have the 4 park magic tickets. I was thinking we might want to go another day. Can we buy a 1 day ticket at our resort or the gate while we are there the day of? Or is it a bad idea to wait until the day of? We have always bought ours ahead of time.
I recommend that you decide in advance if you want another WDW park day.
You will need to make a park reservation in order to enter a park.
To do this, you need a park ticket that will be valid on that date.

I recommend that you decide in advance if you want another WDW park day.
You will need to make a park reservation in order to enter a park.
To do this, you need a park ticket that will be valid on that date.
Yes I was thinking about that. I know we won’t be going to HS that day, so I was hoping another park would be open.
It’s not Thanksgiving week, but in the middle of November.
i guess we should make a decision ahead of time.
Thanks Robo!

We have a trip planned for mid Jan 2021 that I'm not sure will happen. It is for 7 nights (DVC) and I'd like to go to the parks 2 or 3 days. DH and I have AP passes that are not yet activated in our MDE account. I don't want to actually use them for this upcoming trip, though. I have some very old tickets that I want to take to Guest Services in DS once we are there to see what is on them and add them to our accounts. I'm hoping for a couple of days (at least) for each of us on the old tickets.
My questions are:
1. Can we make park reservations with the unactivated AP in our accounts?
2. If the answer to #1 is yes, will it matter if I don't use the AP on those days (not even activate it on this trip) but use the older tickets? Or will any reservations automatically cancel if not using the 'designated' ticket?
3. If the answer to #1 is no, is it likely we will not have any park options (I'm mostly hoping for MK and HS for this trip) if we wait until we are there to reserve park days once we see what tickets we will have?

You can ask, but don't be surprised if they say no. I'm sure there are lots of folks who would like to extend their tickets to cover next fall, and I think it was a very intentional decision on the part of WDW to extend tickets to 9/26/2021. However, you should be able to use the value of your unused May 2020 tickets as credit toward new Oct. 2021 tickets.

I have to call, right?

My questions are:
1. Yes. This would be your best option.
2. No. The park reservations simply require any valid ticket media, but are not “attached” to a specific ticket.
3. Nobody knows how fast January park reservations may “sell out.” Most days now, it is possible to buy a ticket and make a park reservation same day. That may or may not be true come Jan.

I'm confused about tickets for June 2021 trip. Currently there in no PH, and WP's never opened, but tickets are being sold with PH and WP's when I checked UT site for June 2021 pricing. Additionally, I didn't see for how long the tickets would be good for.

We like to do a split stay with UO, and maybe a couple of beach days, with WDW at the beginning and end of the trip. Years past, I think the tickets were good for 14 days, starting with the 1st day of use. Then last June, they were date based and it would have required purchasing more days than needed in order to have park tickets on the last days of the trip. But right now, I'm not sure for how long the tickets would be good for. I couldn't locate that info, although it's probably listed somewhere.

Thanks for your help with this info!

I'm confused about tickets for June 2021 trip.
1. Currently there in no PH, and WP's never opened, but tickets are being sold with PH and WP's when I checked UT site for June 2021 pricing.
2. Additionally, I didn't see for how long the tickets would be good for.
3. Years past, I think the tickets were good for 14 days, starting with the 1st day of use.
4. Then last June, they were date based and it would have required purchasing more days than needed in order to have park tickets on the last days of the trip.
5. But right now, I'm not sure for how long the tickets would be good for.
1. Yup. Those features will return at some point, so buying them in advance could be (MIGHT be) a hedge against ticket price increases that COULD occur before you use your tickets (if they have not expired in the interim time.)
2. Can vary. (If you mean before they expire, unused... assume about a year, or so.)
3. Yup.
4. Well, in some cases that MIGHT be the case. Depended on how long was your trip if you were not staying at a WDW resort.
(If you were staying at a WDW resort for the trip duration, any unused tickets remained valid through the checkout date.)
5. I've not seen anything to the contrary, so I'm assuming the same number of days validity as before the pandemic situation.

Ticket Duration Valid Use Period
1-Day Ticket valid one day on the date selected (Next day can be used for “+ Option” with a PH+ ticket)
2-Day Ticket Any 2 days within 4 days beginning on start date (5 days with PH+)
3-Day Ticket Any 3 days within 5 days beginning on the start date (6 days with PH+)
4-Day Ticket Any 4 days within 7 days beginning on thestart date (8 days with PH+)
5-Day Ticket Any 5 days within 8 days beginning on the start date (9 days with PH+)
6-Day Ticket Any 6 days within 9 days beginning on the start date (10 days with PH+)
7-Day Ticket Any 7 days within 10 days beginning on the start date (11 days with PH+)

Last year's trip was scheduled to be first on property DVC, then 3 nights at UO. Afterwards, part of the group was coming back to a DVC room for 2 nights. Other part of the group was planning to go to the ocean for 3 nights, then back to a WDW/DVC room. In both cases, everyone had to purchase their WDW tickets for more park days than needed to allow for the tickets to be used thru the last dates of their DVC stay at the end of the trip. The tickets were date specific and valid only from Date A to Date B.

So I'm wondering if there are any dates connected to the tickets currently being sold for 2021. I'm looking for the days that a ticket could be used after it's first day of park admission. For instance, if the trip is planned out to have 7 WDW park days divided in to 2 different stays, 5 days at the beginning of the trip and 2 days at the end after staying at UO, would we have to buy more than 7 days, for example, in order to have valid tickets to use for those last 2 park days? Or would these new June 2021 tickets be good for 14 days starting from the first day of use? Or would they be good until 9/26/2021? Or entirely something else?

I'm trying to get all the info I can on this so we know what kinds of tickets would need to be purchased. Thanks again for your help!

So I'm wondering if there are any dates connected to the tickets currently being sold for 2021.
Tickets for 2021 have the same rules as last year. To do a split-stay with a break in the middle, you will either need 2 separate tickets or a longer ticket (more days) to make it last long enough for your last days. The max is a 10-day ticket which has a 14-day use window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!