Tiffins or Sanaa

Tracey868

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide which one to do. Thoughts? This would be for a dinner. Or is either better for lunch?? Pros /Cons?

We love them both but we’d give a slight edge to Sanaa because of the animal 🦒 views. Having said that, you can only see the animals during daylight so lunch would be your only option, unless you are VERY early dinner eaters. We usually eat at Tiffins when we are doing evening hours at DAK. I guess it also depends on what your plans are, but food wise we think both places are great!

Trying to decide which one to do. Thoughts? This would be for a dinner. Or is either better for lunch?? Pros /Cons?
Both are great... We went as a family to Tiffins, & I was the only one who enjoyed the meal...out of 10. And the service was a lil slow..... and forgetful...Mind you this was within the first few weeks of opeining, so I was willing to give it a pass. The rest of the family/friends---- NOT. :chat:
Now when it comes to Sanaa, there's no other TS like it IMHO... The service the food, the ambiance, the animals, the wines, the BREAD SERVICE!!! unbeatable.. & it's also nice to roam the grounds to walk it off when your dinner is done..
We love them both but we’d give a slight edge to Sanaa because of the animal 🦒 views. Having said that, you can only see the animals during daylight so lunch would be your only option, unless you are VERY early dinner eaters. We usually eat at Tiffins when we are doing evening hours at DAK. I guess it also depends on what your plans are, but food wise we think both places are great!
Agree with you.. I'd love for the DW & kids to sit out one night at the Nomad lounge one of these days... as the sun is setting...:drinking1

Last edited:
Whenever I've looked at the menu for Tiffins, it seems VERY expensive-even for Disney. I love Sanaa, especially at lunch or an early dinner when it's still light.

I like both.
I think the food at Tiffins is slightly better. We like it for dinner in the park. (don't lose the time going back and forth to the resort).
Sanaa is good for both, but like it better for lunch as the animals are only visible during daylight.
It really comes down to the type of food you prefer - African inspired or Indian Inspired.

Tiffins is one of the few TS we repeat, there are so many that we try not to repeat. We have always had good food and good service there, no matter what time of day we've gone. Sanaa, well that's a different story. We must be the only people that walk the face of the earth that had bad food, bad drinks and the worst service we have ever had a WDW there. We were 3 adults, my son and his wife had a similar restaurant as far as food goes near where they lived in Chicago so they knew they would like the food. My son has never met an alcoholic drink he wouldn't drink, until Sanaa. We arrived about 10 min. before our ADR, which was around 7:30. We were seated about half hour later. Our server didn't even come to get a drink order for at least 10 min. and then just took the order and left, we were actually ready to go ahead and place our food order. She finally returned with the drink order and we ordered our food. It took at least 30 min. for the food to come. By this time the place was not busy and we watched some tables turn over, some turned over twice before we left. My son's drink was so bad he actually sent it back. I ate my food, my son was unable to eat his and my DIL only ate about half hers. After we finished our food we had to wait again for the check and again to pay the check and again to get the receipt back to sign. We were actually there after closing it took so long. We have discussed whether we would go back again, because sometimes it's just an off night but given the cost and everything bad adding up, we haven't been back.

I have never eaten at Tiffins so I can't compare, but I can say we had a lovely lunch at Sanaa back in December. There were 6 of us, and we are really liked what we had to eat. The bread service is a must. Tandoori Chicken, Tandoori Shrimp, Boerewors Braii (African sausage), and Sanaa Burger were the entrees we all enjoyed.

I had the Tandoori Shrimp. It was really good. It surprised me that the salad was cold. Maybe it shouldn't have surprised me, but it did. After all, it says "served over a harvest salad." When it came, I guess the heat from the shrimp had sort of wilted the salad so I expected the temperatures of the two to be about the same, but they weren't. It didn't ruin the dish for me, but I think I would have liked both parts of the dish to be closer in temperature.

Sounds like a great dilemma to be in...Tiffins? Sanaa? You probably can't go wrong... :-)

I have never eaten at Tiffins so I can't compare, but I can say we had a lovely lunch at Sanaa back in December. There were 6 of us, and we are really liked what we had to eat. The bread service is a must. Tandoori Chicken, Tandoori Shrimp, Boerewors Braii (African sausage), and Sanaa Burger were the entrees we all enjoyed.

I had the Tandoori Shrimp. It was really good. It surprised me that the salad was cold. Maybe it shouldn't have surprised me, but it did. After all, it says "served over a harvest salad." When it came, I guess the heat from the shrimp had sort of wilted the salad so I expected the temperatures of the two to be about the same, but they weren't. It didn't ruin the dish for me, but I think I would have liked both parts of the dish to be closer in temperature.

Sounds like a great dilemma to be in...Tiffins? Sanaa? You probably can't go wrong... :-)
Their bread service ranks among the best we have had anywhere.
Really enjoyed the food. However, we have really good, authentic Indian restaurants in our city and Sanaa was not any better. However, the view with the animals cannot be beat.

Tiffins for sure...and we really like Sanaa. I think it's consistently one of the best meals on property and has been my favorite resturant by far since opening. While the menu is not quite as adventurous as it initially was on opening...we still find ourselves having trouble deciding what to order as there are always several choices that look amazing.

If you do decide on Sanaa, then I would recommend Nomad lounge for your AK lunch. It's the lounge attached to Tiffins. It has a decent amount apps that a group could use as a meal. We've also had success ordering off the Tiffins menu for certain items...but YMMV with that.

Our family has eaten at both multiple times and love them both. Tiffins is a little more elevated... we love the food and service and being in the parks is an advantage for AK days. Sanaa with animal views and the bread service make this a repeat for our crew. You can't go wrong with either to be honest. Go with whatever fits into your schedule best and what menu sparks your excitement.

These are two of my favorite restaurants in Disney and echoing the other replies you can't make a bad decision when choosing between the two .

If price is a concern Tiffins does offer a Chef's Tasting Menu during lunch. $35 gets you your choice of Appetizer, Entree and Dessert from a limited selection.

We really enjoyed our time at Tiffins back in January. We did the Rivers of Light package, which was a great value since you pay a flat rate and get an appetizer, entree, and dessert. It was some of the best food i have had at a Disney Park! The ambiance of the restaurant itself is also amazing. If I ever go back to Disney World, I am for sure eating there again.

Wow...this is a tough one! Both are excellent in their own ways. While I've had amazing food at both, I give the edge to Tiffins for the food and park convenience if you're in AK. Sanaa's food is still incredible and it's a better dining atmosphere, but if you're going to be in AK, I'd stay in AK and go to Tiffins vs. hopping on a bus to get to AKL for Sanaa.

Sanaa for me. We have dined at Sanaa on many occasions and love it! Tiffins on the other hand we have only visited on one occasion and although we loved the experience and service, we have not felt the need to return. On the other hand, we really enjoy going to the Nomad lounge next door.

Sometimes I think you have to just make your mind up and give it a go. I’m sure you will have a great time no matter where you decide.

If price is a concern Tiffins does offer a Chef's Tasting Menu during lunch. $35 gets you your choice of Appetizer, Entree and Dessert from a limited selection.

I looked into this on allears, and it was listed as appetizer and entree OR entree and dessert, not all 3. I'll admit that I didn't check DME (don't have my cell phone right now)-maybe they're different, and that would sound like a good deal. Definitely worth considering.

Love both: Tiffins for some of the "interesting" dishes, Sanna: bread service hands down. We've gone to both several times. (Tiffins did put a cute "welcome back Boopuff travlers" card on our table. (I've got it framed in our Disney room)

I would base my decision on where you want to be after. In AK then Tiffins, if you are done for the day then Sanaa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter