Tiggerdad is heading to the Smokies! Y'all come

Trip home was uneventful. About 7.5 hours which is only about 30-45 minutes longer than it usually takes if we aren't pulling a camper.

Worst part is the road between I-40 and the campground. 6 lanes of crawling traffic. I will say this, the traffic in Pigeon Forge flows smoother than its neighbor Sevierville. Both have 6 lanes, but for some reason you crawl through Sevierville then move smoothly through Pigeon Forge. Maybe fewer traffic lights? I don't know.

Anyway, we had a blast and I got some hiking in. Not much wildlife siting, but it was hot and this time of year the viewing is usually decreased. Fall and winter are usually best.

The burn was hard to look at, but nature will have to heal. If I could just get 15 minutes alone with those two...

Anyhow, hope you enjoyed it and I highly recommend GSMNP, but I also encourage you to visit any of our NPs when you can.

The last two trips up there we decide to add a day hike to our plans. The first time we did Chimney Tops before it was renovated. We were in better shape and made it with some effort. We didn't do the last little part going on top due to it had started to rain and I didn't want to fall and be injured and Gina didn't like the looks of the climb. With the weather rolling in there was no view that day at the top anyway. The second one we did the following year was Rainbow Falls. That was more difficult as we were in worse shape but made it. My next goal when I ever get back is to make a full day hike to Mt LeConte and have lunch there. I would love to stay one night at the lodge but having to commit to the reservation so far out makes it impossible for me until I really retire.

Glad you made it home safe Michael. I enjoyed the full report but you made me miss going there really bad.

Late reading your journey - Thank you for bring us along! Prayed your trip home was just as much fun & safe. Good luck with your new job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!