Tim Burton Is Against The Nightmare Before Christmas Getting Sequels or Reboot

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1411316-tim-burton-no-nightmare

With The Nightmare Before Christmas celebrating its 30th anniversary, there’s been the expected chatter about sequels, reboots, and probably a lone lunatic advocating for a Disney live-action remake. One man who is very much not keen on any of that is its creator Tim Burton.

Speaking to Empire Magazine for the film’s anniversary, Burton feels strongly about the prospect of any more The Nightmare Before Christmas movies.

“To me, the movie is very important,” he told Empire. “I’ve done sequels, I’ve done other things, I’ve done reboots, I’ve done all that ****, right? I don’t want that to happen to this. It’s nice that people are maybe interested [in another one], but I’m not. I feel like that old guy who owns a little piece of property and won’t sell to the big power plant that wants to take my land.”

Burton follows that up with an impression you can almost hear in writing, ”Get off my land! You pesky little… You ain’t getting this property! I don’t care what you want to build on it. You come on my property… Where’s my shotgun?”

Director Henry Selick had been asked about more Nightmare in recent months, and was a little warmer to it, suggesting a prequel might be fun to do, but even he noted Burton was unlikely to want that.

“I think Tim [Burton], in particular, feels like, why mess with that? He certainly doesn’t need to make more money from a sequel. He has had so many other successes, and so far nobody’s come up with a great idea for a sequel. And I still think that Tim gets to decide. I don’t think there’s any idea that would convince him.”

I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to it if the right project came along with the right people, but I also kind of agree with thim. It's hard to follow up something like that, and without his vision, I don't think it would work.

well it is not his movie.
Nope, but it is his unique style. Disney can make a prequel/sequel if they want, but if they are going to copy the style, while Tim Burton is vocally against it... you are probably going to see that back in the reviews. It'll be a knock-off Burton movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter