Time at UOR/IOA

paladin732

Mouseketeer
Hi!

My husband and I are planning a trip to Wdw from April 27-may 7 and trying to determine what to do about the Universal parks.

My question is: at that time of year, which looks to be a somewhat more calm time. With the express pass, could we get everything done in one day?
We were debating either taking one day in the middle of the trip, or adding a couple days to the beginning and staying at one of the Deluxe hotels.

Personally I would book a night at Universal which gives you express pass the day of check in and check out. Arrive early on day one and you should have plenty of time to do most attractions in two days.

Trying to see both parks in one day would be really rushed.

Uni is two theme parks. It is like asking if you can do Epcot and AK in one day. Yes, you can. But the experience is watered down.

If you add days at the beginning of your trip, and you stay onsite with EP, I warn you that you might get spoiled for the remainder of your trip at WDW. Either way, you will have so much fun on vacation, wish I was with you!

Any chance you can add it at the end of your WDW trip? We always prefer to do UO at the end for two reasons: 1) it lessens the blow of leaving WDW and 2) UO requires far less planning than WDW, so its a nice relaxing way to end the trip. A change of pace.

Even if you can only add it on at the beginning, my vote would still be to spend at least one night at one of the three deluxe UO resorts. Express pass will help you maximize your time so you can get more done, and the resorts are beautiful.

Thanks for the advice. We will do a couple days befoee

We can add it either way, but TouringPlans says it will be more crowded at the end vs the beginning.

Thanks for the advice. We will do a couple days befoee

We can add it either way, but TouringPlans says it will be more crowded at the end vs the beginning.

That surpises me cause Easter is on April 21st next year so I would think closer to Easter will be more crowded. I wonder if they've taken into account how late Easter is and how that will affect Spring breaks at schools. I'm not sure I would base my decision off of their crowd prediction personally. Especially if you stay at a deluxe and get the express pass, then the crowds really don't matter at Universal.

I think they did atleast on the disney ones. The levels are super high up until (and including) the 26th,maybe they didn't on the universal one, however.

Forgot to mention, my comment about crowds isn't so much wait time, more about how unpleasant walking around can be when parks are crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter