"timeshare" resort question.

RoadTripFanatic

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at the following resorts? If so I would love an honest opinion of them.
Celebrity Resort Orlando World Resort
Cypress Pointe Grande Villas
Oak Plantation
Westgate Blue Tree
or
High Point.
Thanks!

The only resort of those that we've stayed at is Cypress Pointe Grande Villas where we stayed for a week about a month ago. This is a good, but not great, resort. As opposed to the first phase of the Cypress Pointe resort, Grande Villas, aka Phase II, is a bit older and the wear shows in the villa units. They are doing a lot of work on the resort grounds and, if the Phase I renovations are any indication, I suspect that they'll update the villas as well. With all that said we liked our stay at the resort - it's conveniently located for both Disney (particularly Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon) and Universal Studiios/Islands of Adventure - and we'd go back.

Dick Taylor

Not sure which location you're considering, but I've stayed at two Celebrity resorts in WDW area and cannot recommend either one. Perhaps check out some of the reviews on tripadvisor. FWIW.

do not stay at any Westgate period. those salespeople do not understand "NO"

so avoid them.

of your choices only stayed at CP too. but it is nice not great resort.

I think high point is not as close as your other choices.

Celebrity Resort Orlando - use to get horrible reviews - but heard that they did a rehab - guess it didn't go to well if davinakb says they are still sub par.

The only resort of those that we've stayed at is Cypress Pointe Grande Villas where we stayed for a week about a month ago. This is a good, but not great, resort. As opposed to the first phase of the Cypress Pointe resort, Grande Villas, aka Phase II, is a bit older and the wear shows in the villa units. They are doing a lot of work on the resort grounds and, if the Phase I renovations are any indication, I suspect that they'll update the villas as well. With all that said we liked our stay at the resort - it's conveniently located for both Disney (particularly Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon) and Universal Studiios/Islands of Adventure - and we'd go back.

Dick Taylor

Sorry to hijack...we are staying at Cypress Point Phase 1 in about 4 weeks....what kind of work is going on at the resort and did it interfere with anything? Thanks.

Sorry to hijack...we are staying at Cypress Point Phase 1 in about 4 weeks....what kind of work is going on at the resort and did it interfere with anything? Thanks.

See some of it here. It is all on the edges of the resort or in a small area of the Clubhouse near the signature Volcano pool. By late August most of it should be completed.

do not stay at any Westgate period. those salespeople do not understand "NO"

so avoid them.

of your choices only stayed at CP too. but it is nice not great resort.

I think high point is not as close as your other choices.

Celebrity Resort Orlando - use to get horrible reviews - but heard that they did a rehab - guess it didn't go to well if davinakb says they are still sub par.

You can stay at Westgate, some of their properties are very nice. But under no circumstances should you attend their sales pitch and I would also recommend pulling the plug on your phone.

Thanks for the information. How long did it take to get from Cypress POinte to WDW? Did anyone stay in the 1 br room? Was it enough space? There are only 3 of us.

Thanks for the information. How long did it take to get from Cypress POinte to WDW? Did anyone stay in the 1 br room? Was it enough space? There are only 3 of us.

Cypress Pointe Resort doesn't have 1 bedrooms - they have a studio for 2. Cypress Pointe Grande Villas has a 1 bedroom lockoff but, for my money, it is really only for 2 as well unless the 3rd/4th persons are very small children. It is far too small for 3 or 4 adults and lacks privacy.

yea the third bedroom in a 3 bedroom is what CP considers a 1-bedroom - it isn't.

the tub is definitely too small. the toilet is in a corner but because of the mirror everyone can see you....;)

won't have this room - and it is a room.

sorry if that is what you already did.

the CP GV is surpose to be a true studio - so should be a little bigger?

OOPS! I meant to put the Grande Villas not just Cypress Pointe. They do have a one bedroom. It did look small compared to the rest but that was my only option there. We are using our resort certificates from the our non-Disney vacation club. It's cheaper than a value resort for the 7 days. :) I did write the resort and it has a small fridge (I'm thinking Large dorm sized) and an " apartment sized" stove/oven. DD is only 8 so I think we will be ok. We survive our yearly trek to the Value resorts and one hotel rooms on all other trips. :) We aren't spending a lot of money on this. From what I have read here and other reviews I think it's my best option. The Oak Plantation had two bedroom villas available but it's almost 20 minutes away from Disney. Celebrity had two bedrooms but the reviews were not as good.

do you know where SSR is?

CP is about a mile away - on the other side of DTD and down a couple of blocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter