Timing Question--How long to Poly and what pickup time for return flight?

jimchief

Earning My Ears
We're arriving Sunday 4/28 at 12:04 PM. Using Quick Transportation car service (They were recommended. Let me know if you know about them.) I guesstimated getting in the car by 12:30 or so, an hour to get to Poly and get checked in, and ready to get on the monorail to the parks by 2:00 or 2:30--Is that overly optimistic?

Also, we have a Saturday return flight at 3:10pm. Given all the security measures, what time to we want to get to the airport, and factoring that in, what time should we request the car service to pick us up at the Poly?

Trying to plan out our activities for arrival and departure dates, so any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

I don't think that's overly optimistic at all. You should be about accurate in your timing estimates for arrival provided traffic isn't horrendous. We have always arrived within 1/2 hour to 40 minutes from the airport AND we've had some awful traffic.

As to your departure time, usually the car service people recommend a pick-up time. If it's reasonable to you--go with it--if not, ask for a bit earlier or later depending on your needs. I've found the car service staff is well-versed in the airport timing and they've always gotten us back on time--cut it awfully close one time, but we made it. The length of time for the new security measures at MCO depend on the number of travelers on any given day. I, personally, would hate to arrive 2 hours early only to end up sitting around for one and three-quarters of an hour when I could be having fun at WDW. In the past (last summer being the most recent), we've left Polynesian an hour and one-half to two hours before our flight time.

Sorry, I've not used the service you named--only TTC and taxis. Have fun at our favorite resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter