• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

tipping on dining plan

The tip included is 18% -- but you can always leave a little more. I know that we usually tip 20%

Right 18%. (including buffets) We tip extra if we are sharing a meal or if we order beverage(s) OOP. We also tipped extra the time the server at Kona's told us we could add the scallops to the filet and it's included on DDP. :cool1: The server a few days before failed to mention this.

It's always a good idea to leave extra as it is the only thing you have to pay for really on the DDP. We left a further 20 percent for our incredible Rose and Crown waiter, Adam.

If teh service is good.... (which it is 95% of the time) I would tip a little extra...

I agree, if we get outstanding service we will up it to equal at least 20% (DS10 ALWAYS makes sure I tip 20% or better now, if he likes the waiter/ess). Also, if we have any add on's or extra's we'll tip accordingly. But if it's so-so service and we don't ask for anything extra, I'll just let the Dining Plan take care of it.

Will tip extra if the service deserved it.

You gotta wonder how many servers don't bother to tell people that their tip is included... Guess it's the skeptic in me, but I can't help but think that servers really bank on people not knowing!

Realize something, even though the tip is included, it isn't always on the full amount of the dinner. Last August we dined at the Maya Grill, which isn't a Disney owned restaurant. The bill should have been over $100. Well, The Maya Grill does not get reimbursed for the full amount of the dinner, so the tip was based on the lesser amount. DH tipped extra based on the full price of the meal. This can be the case at other restaurants also.

The tax is included as well. I gave an extra tip when the servers gave us a few things for free, or didn't charge us for something. I gave the biggest extra tip to the server who had to clean up my kids puke at Kona last month.

This may stir up a little dust storm, but I worked as a server during university and worked hard, but made very good money (mostly tax free), if I had received 18% on every bill I would have been kissing their hands as they exited. If I get great service I tip 20% or more, average 15%, bad service - I will write on the bill No service/no tip - but it has to be bad service due to the server ie: not because he has too many tables to service properly or the kitchen is slow. I think it's important to recognize that you aren't tipping because you are cheap as opposed to because you had bad service (I think we will all agree that bad food is easier to digest than bad service, especially on vacation) I will absolutely recognize great service but equally will recognize (no tip) bad service. I do agree with, and consistently do "tipping up" for meals and drinks OOP. My ten cents (CDN) worth...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter