tips on using the kennels at WDW

pwcarlson

Mouseketeer
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, so mod you can move this if needed.

We are planning on travel to FL for a spring fling. We are staying at a relative and are driving. We have a large dog "Daisy" who will be traveling with us. She loves to travel and meet new people. She doesn't do very well in kennels for any extended time. But we would like to go to the parks this spring. We would like to take advantage of the kennels at the parks for the day. We can not leave her at the place we are staying.

Has any one used the kennels at the parks. What were your experiences. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks
Daisy's Mom
:cool:

THIS IS JUST RIGHT UP MY ALLEY! :)

I am the kennel expert! We take our 2 poms every trip and WE LOVE THE KENNELS. We only use 1, which is the Ticket and Transportation Kennel.

First off, I see that you are staying off site...and are probably using your car to get to the parks?? If Im wrong correct me.
So you will need to go to the TTC to park and hop the transportation to the parks. So that would be THE BEST kennel for you to use. (there are other kennels at the other parks, but this is the only one I use, so I cant comment on them)

You have to walk your dog at least 2-3 times a day. They will provide your dog with food if you want them too, and if you want it in your dogs cage. If you want to bring his own food you can.
The kennels are clean, and very nice. Smell good, heated/cooled and you can request an inside or outside cage. The employees do not walk your dog for you.

You have to have proof of all the required shots and they must be up to date. You can bring your dogs toys, and pillows or whatever. ( I hate it when owners just put their dogs in the cages with no blanket, or pillow or toys. I have seen the dogs in there with NOTHING to lay on but that hard floor and no toys. :(
That makes me feel sad for them)

I always bring their fav things from home so my dogs will feel more like home. Their doggie beds, toys, chewies, etc. You can bring whatever you want. They will let you put it in there.

Also, the water there tastes funny and the first time my dogs drank it, they got an upset tummy, so now I take bottled gallon jugs of water from home. They dont get sick that way. :)
(I dont have kids, except for my animals!) LOL

Last time we were there, my poms got a certificate for VIP. (Very Important Pet). They are hanging on my wall!!! The kennels are so nice and the Cast Members that work there are also so nice.

The cost is 6.00 a day. 11.00 for overnight.

407-824-6568, that is the number to the kennel if you have any questions.

Hope that helped!!!!!!!! :)

Tig

Thanks for all your info.
I have been at the TTC many times but for the life of me, I can not remember where the Kennels are located. I probabbly walked past them on the way to the boats or monorail many times.

Walking our dog is not a problem, she would probably only need to go once maybe twice. The charge for the kennels is a lot less than most kennels. That is great. It is almost the same price as large soda in the parks. But I will bring a jug of water for her. We traveled with her to Florida this winter and did not have any problems with the water and she has a sensive stomach too.

Thanks for your help. Maybe our Daisy will become a V I P too!

Let me see if I can explain where the kennel is...do you know where the bus stop is for the WDW bus transportation? If you do, it is right beside it. It is also the Lost and Found.

The trams for the parking area that take you to the buses/monorail lot go right beside it. Alot of grass around it. You cant miss it. :)

I hope your baby does good there!!! :)

Tig

Thanks for all the great info. I feel better about leaving her there. I am sure she will be fine. It is really something that we worry about our animals so much. Can you tell our only child has left for college so now I have this dog to worry aobut.

Daisy is going to Disney World!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter