Title Chosen: World of Friendship! October 2017 Girls Getaway: Aloha to the Poly/ MCO Hyatt p33-4

Ladies in red! :)

I noticed those kangaroos on my trip in 2016! I wonder if they are only out at certain times of day?

Great safari pics, glad you got to see the lions!!

Join me onto the growing list of people who'd love to spend some park time with you all! (Although, not going to lie, I think Evie would much rather come visit you where you work. She'd think you were unbelievably cool for getting to help with all her favorite animals. :rotfl2:)

I don't recall kangaroos in front of the tree when I was there last month. Maybe it's an evening thing??

You got to see the lions, so not a terrible safari ride!

Glad to hear that your dad is continuing to recover well. What an ordeal you've all been through!

And what a busy four-park day you were having! I'm anxious to hear what you thought of FOP.

How does one sleep in the tub?!?!?

Unless it's filled with oh-so-toasty hot water and... zzzzzzzzzzz........ :cat:

DSCF2937.jpg

Thanks! I'd love that.

Yes, I recommend a castle view at least once in a lifetime. But preferably more!

It is amazing how many iconic events can occur while one is asleep!

Oh yes. Although chocolate covered macadamia nuts are better.

I am NOT going to argue with that!

:thumbsup2

The time is irrelevant.
Just the fact... 3rd park of the day...

That's good, because I don't remember exactly when we arrived at park #4!

No, just visiting.

:duck:

Those kangaroos were making Aussies of themselves

Quickest DISmeet on record.
Is that part of the four park challenge?

Not a challenge at all. Sue and her DH are lovely people!

Not the quickest DISmeet on record. They accompanied us to the Safari and the Not-so-fast-pass to Flights of Passage.

T

I had to take a double look at these photos. At first, it looked like the same photo, just zoomed in. I gnu there was something off about it though.
:rotfl2:

There's always something gnu under the sun.

:laughing: Good name.
And... he was awake! You got some good shots there.

You aren't lion, are you?

:simba:

Not gonna lie - I dream of meeting you and the girls at Disney some day :)
I reckon we’d have great craic :)

That would be great!

Goals!

That would be so much fun!

:dance3:

I loved that we squeezed a week's worth of Disney into that one day. :)

Such a great day. And night!

::yes::

Great picture of you girls and I would also love to share some Disney time with all of you :D

Thanks!

More friends!

:grouphug:

:woohoo:

Ladies in red! :)

I noticed those kangaroos on my trip in 2016! I wonder if they are only out at certain times of day?

Great safari pics, glad you got to see the lions!!

We didn't even plan it that way!

Maybe. I think that area is new-ish.

I love seeing the lions! They seem to be out more consistently in the past few safaris I have been on.

:goodvibes

Join me onto the growing list of people who'd love to spend some park time with you all! (Although, not going to lie, I think Evie would much rather come visit you where you work. She'd think you were unbelievably cool for getting to help with all her favorite animals. :rotfl2:)

I don't recall kangaroos in front of the tree when I was there last month. Maybe it's an evening thing??

You got to see the lions, so not a terrible safari ride!

I would love to get together with you at Disney or at the farm where I work. I know we would get along great, and I would love to meet you and your family.

Next time you are in the area...

Hmmm. Gonna need a kangaroo report to figure out when they are there.

Seeing lions is always a win!

Glad to hear that your dad is continuing to recover well. What an ordeal you've all been through!

And what a busy four-park day you were having! I'm anxious to hear what you thought of FOP.

Thanks!

It was such a great day! Hopefully I will have a chance to write about FOP soon.

I also think a meet-up would be fabulous! Can't wait to hear what you thought of FoP- 3 days and I will finally have my own opinion!!!

I have made so many great friends through Disney meet-ups! It would be great to include you in a future visit.

Sorry I didn't have a chance to wish you well for your trip. Hope it is/was fabulous!

:woohoo:

Last edited:
YAY!!!

Caught up on the FAQ thread and here. Now, I need to see what I have been missing on everyone else's trip reports!

Except it takes forever for your clothes to dry.

Yes, I recommend a castle view at least once in a lifetime. But preferably more!

It is amazing how many iconic events can occur while one is asleep!

:laughing:

That's good, because I don't remember exactly when we arrived at park #4!

Then you're off the hook!

Those kangaroos were making Aussies of themselves

:lmao:

Not a challenge at all. Sue and her DH are lovely people!

Not the quickest DISmeet on record. They accompanied us to the Safari and the Not-so-fast-pass to Flights of Passage.

I'm sure they are. :)

And you didn't see fit to mention that??

You aren't lion, are you?

:sad2: I'm gonna crawl back into my cubby now.

Finally! An update!

I finally caught up on the Yacht & Beach Club thread, although it has been tough dealing with phantom, annoying pop-up ads autoplaying. Got some good suggestions over on the thread about adding a pop-up ad blocker or changing browsers to deal with the issue.

I have also been busy with work this spring with Day at the Farm and Colonial programs as schools try to get in end-of-the-year field trips.

My dad continues to keep me busy in my spare time, along with work on the family home in anticipation of my nephew and niece moving in.

I have started to catch up on other trip report subscriptions and I hope to be able to read more this week!

:goodvibes

Flights of Passage- Not So Fast Pass!

I just found this photopass picture from when the 3 of us entered the park.

No worries, baby!

After our Safari, the 5 of us entered Pandora through the Africa path. Once again, I was amazed at the wonderful theming of exotic plants and the buzzing sounds from the speakers (although the volume probably could be turned down a smidge).

Once in there, we met up with ~Ninjamom so that we could use our Fast Passes for

FLIGHTS OF PASSAGE!!!!

“Fast Passes”

As we were getting into the FP lane, we encountered a group of girls who were abandoning the regular standby line because they had been waiting for hours and weren’t getting anywhere. They warned people not to get into line.

Undaunted, we got into the Fast Pass lane, which moved very slowly and then at one point came to a complete standstill for several minutes. Sue and her husband, who had been on this attraction before, said that this was not what they had experienced previously.

In all, I think our wait was around 45 minutes before we got to the pre-show areas.

Here are some pictures from the FP queue. I understand that the standby line has some excellent theming, but I don’t care to enjoy it unless the wait is less than an hour.

DSCF3112.jpg

DSCF3111.jpg

DSCF3113.jpg

DSCF3114.jpg

DSCF3117.jpg

DSCF3118.jpg

When we got to the loading area, there were cast members who had ipads. They acknowledged that we had endured an unacceptable wait time for the attraction, and added a Fast Pass to all of our Magic Bands. I’m not sure if they were doing this for everyone in the line or just people who had Fast Passes.

Once we got into the inside building/bunker part of the queue line, I didn’t take any pictures because I wanted to pay attention to what was going on, but I’ll post the pictures I took the following day here, for continuity.

DSCF3229.jpg

DSCF3232.jpg

DSCF3233.jpg

DSCF3235.jpg

I found this part of the queue to be unspectacular. After the gorgeous scenery outside, this seemed bland. It reminded me a lot of the queue line for Transformers at Universal Studios.

But it did get more interesting once we got into the room where we were matched with our Avatars, and then when we entered the room with our banshee-cycles.

DSCF3237.jpg

DSCF3239.jpg

DSCF3240.jpg

WOW!!!

The ride was incredibly fun and exciting. The interactive technology was amazing!

Unfortunately, it was also somewhat nauseating for one of our group.

The only complaint I had was that the headset or glasses or whatever we needed to wear was too loose on me.

Although we had been gifted with an additional Fast Pass that we could have used for Flights of Passage again, or for Na’vi River Journey, and I still had the bonus Fast Passes the photographer had given us earlier in the day, it was later than we hoped it would be when we were finished riding Flights of Passage.

It was now dark out, and it was either raining or was threatening to start.

Janet, Nannette and I had a mission to complete, so we left ~Ninja, Sue and her husband behind in Pandora. ~Ninja had a Fast Pass for Rivers of Light. I can’t remember if she ended up going there to photograph the show, but we did see a post on Facebook from her saying that she rode Flights of Passage 3 times that night.

On our way out, we had a stop to make. We visited Animal Kingdom on most days of this short trip. Several times while we were there, ~Ninja had suggested that we eat at Tiffin’s Restaurant. She had excellent meals there during past trips and said the grilled octopus was out of this world. The 3 of us did not want to spend the time or the money to dine there, so despite her pleading, we didn’t end up having a meal there.

But we didn’t pass up an opportunity to taunt our friend.

We popped into the lounge, grabbed some menus and asked a waitress to take our picture and then gave her a few dollars for a tip.

We posted this on Facebook and tagged ~Ninja:

You were right about Tiffin’s. The octopus was great!

Her reply: ROTFLMAO! Well played!

Our work at Animal Kingdom was done, so we exited the park and boarded the bus for our next destination:

Next Up: “4”

Last edited:
Janet, Nannette and I had a mission to complete, so we left ~Ninja, Sue and her husband behind in Pandora. ~Ninja had a Fast Pass for Rivers of Light. I can’t remember if she ended up going there to photograph the show, but we did see a post on Facebook from her saying that she rode Flights of Passage 3 times that night.
We rode Rivers of Light with Ninja. I think she viewed the ride through her camera lens, snapping pictures the whole time. :)

On our way out, we had a stop to make. We visited Animal Kingdom on most days of this short trip. Several times while we were there, ~Ninja had suggested that we eat at Tiffin’s Restaurant. She had excellent meals there during past trips and said the grilled octopus was out of this world. The 3 of us did not want to spend the time or the money to dine there, so despite her pleading, we didn’t end up having a meal there.

But we didn’t pass up an opportunity to taunt our friend.
Ninja tried to talk everyone into eating at Tiffins and I know she was disappointed that none of us were interested. I didn't know that you played this trick on her. That was great. :)

That's too bad you had to wait so long for FoP, with a fast pass, too. I'm finding the older I'm getting, rides are beginning to affect me differently. I really dislike it!

I'm not a picky eater by any stretch, but the menu at Tiffins does not have me dying to try it. I'm sure I'd find something, but there are so many other places I'd like to try before that. It certainly gets good reviews, though.

Wow 45 minutes? Nothing fast about that! Nice that they gave you an extra FP for the trouble though!

We posted this on Facebook and tagged ~Ninja:

You were right about Tiffin’s. The octopus was great!

Her reply: ROTFLMAO! Well played!

Well played indeed! That is too funny :goodvibes

Wow that was a long wait glad they added an additional fp. I love FOP it’s amazing!
More great pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter