Title Chosen: World of Friendship! October 2017 Girls Getaway: Aloha to the Poly/ MCO Hyatt p33-4

I hope your dad's new place works out better. The last place was really lovely.

Good luck with the housecleaning. After cleaning my mother-in-law's home, it got me thinking about why we hang on to things? Many friends tell me it was that generation and have gone through similar experiences with their own parents.

Sorry, can't say I'm disappointed your team lost yesterday. I always give credit where it's due, however, and I do believe Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time.

I always love a good spin on Test Track and the chocolate art is nothing short of amazing! Some people are so talented!

Yep! You see a monorail? You take a picture of the monorail!

::yes::

The rest of this is beautiful, but Belle's face kinda rubs me the wrong way... :scared:

Not her best look!

h1Vmhg7.gif

May I join you???

Hmm...I almost always go counterclockwise for some reason. Maybe because I'm Canadian and drawn to Canada?

Because I am frequently staying at the Beach Club, I often use the International Gateway entrance, so I find myself on "that side of the World". So when I am coming from the Future World to tour the WS, I usually start at Mexico.

:scratchin

D'oh!

I suppose better a broken file cabinet than a broken hip.

OMG, YES!

:crutches:

Did you sell it in your dream?

I don't think so. I always wake up before the best parts. I do remember leaving the potential purchasers there though and telling them to lock up when they leave.

Owl be here all week with the bird puns.

In one of the reviews I was reading the write said "The eagles are like pigeons" and someone misinterpreted and thought the pigeons in Alaska were the size of eagles.

Well.... poop.
I had it backwards. I thought their "poop" was actually a form of urine, and they didn't poop.

Ah well. I stand corrected. I sit to poop.

The things you learn...

I have the inside scoop on bird poop. We have roosters on the farm that we care for. Do you know what that makes me?

A chicken tender!

:rotfl2:

clip_image001.gif
After all that you still had energy left???

I'm just getting started!

Cool shot!

Thank you! I had a good vantage point in the front passenger seat.

clip_image002.gif
Treatment for dry flyaway hair...

clip_image003.gif

Not my best look.

It is. I saw a guy kicked out once for not taking a photo.

Did you take a photo of the guy getting kicked out? Pictures or it didn't happen!

The chocolate sculptures are amazing. I considered becoming a chocolate artist, but I know I would be too immersed in the work.

Well..... yeah.

I was glad to get a piece of chocolate. The previous day, Janet had gone to the festival center while ~Ninja and I were on Mission Space. They weren’t giving out samples when she went. She was jealous when I told her I received one.

I thought it was "ask" the dishes?

I've been misinformed.

I took a bit of literary license, there.

nom nom nom.... urp... uh.....

@MeghanEmily beat us to it!

:sad2:

Towards the end with the pointy parts. That's where the food is.

You crack me up, every tine!

:lmao:

Test Track single rider was a good pick!

Those chocolate creations are amazing. That panda bear one had so much detail to it!
And, yes, I definitely laughed at your Beauty and the Beast joke. :rotfl2::rotfl:

Love Test Track!

I still can't believe the panda is made from chocolate- that was truly the best of the best of the sculptures.

Thank you for appreciating my humour. That was a last minute addition.

:thumbsup2

Test Track is always fun! LOL at that girl's hair!

Love those chocolate sculptures. They look incredible.

The picture of that girl on Test Track makes me smile! I really hope her family has Memory Maker.

Have you been to Disney during Food & Wine?

:goodvibes

I hope your dad's new place works out better. The last place was really lovely.

Good luck with the housecleaning. After cleaning my mother-in-law's home, it got me thinking about why we hang on to things? Many friends tell me it was that generation and have gone through similar experiences with their own parents.

Thanks! So far, so good. The other residents and the apartment manager are really nice. I can't remember if I wrote that before my dad moved in, when the other residents were asking the apartment manager about my dad, she described him- saying he was really nice and very funny. Hilarious. The women were fighting over him before he even got there. One has promised to bake him an apple pie.

I didn't know it was going to be that kind of place!

The cleanout is going to be quite a task. It would be a lot simpler if I hadn't inherited my dads propensity for saving things, wanting to repurpose anything that may still be useful or to recycle anything I can. I am going to be my own worst enemy in this process!

:headache:

Sorry, can't say I'm disappointed your team lost yesterday. I always give credit where it's due, however, and I do believe Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time.

You, and the rest of the country!

I love watching football, any game, whatever teams are playing. That was an incredibly exciting, dramatic game. I would have liked a different outcome, but I realize how fortunate the team has been in past Superbowls, so this was by no means heartbreaking for me (although my husband still can't talk about the NE-Giants Superbowl and the almost perfect season... :rolleyes1 )

It is so weird. My son Nate loves football, too. He has only known the Patriots as a winning team, while my husband and I have been fans for more than 40 years and we suffered through some dark, frustrating years.

:cheer2:

I always love a good spin on Test Track and the chocolate art is nothing short of amazing! Some people are so talented!

I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon in EPCOT!

Test Track, the F&W Festival Center, Spaceship Earth.

All good!

I don't think so. I always wake up before the best parts. I do remember leaving the potential purchasers there though and telling them to lock up when they leave.

You're a trusting dreamer.

Owl be here all week with the bird puns.

Well, that was hawkward.

In one of the reviews I was reading the write said "The eagles are like pigeons" and someone misinterpreted and thought the pigeons in Alaska were the size of eagles.

Oh, they are. But they're as rare as eagles in the south.

A chicken tender!

Not my best look.

Nah. Still cute.

Did you take a photo of the guy getting kicked out? Pictures or it didn't happen!

I did! But what happened was, while I was taking his photo, the monorail went by and I failed to get it in the frame. They demanded to see my camera, deleted the photo, and kicked me out too.

The chocolate sculptures are amazing. I considered becoming a chocolate artist, but I know I would be too immersed in the work.

I have an aversion to immersion. But I might make an exception for confection.

I was glad to get a piece of chocolate. The previous day, Janet had gone to the festival center while ~Ninja and I were on Mission Space. They weren’t giving out samples when she went. She was jealous when I told her I received one.

I trust you gloated.

:laughing:

You crack me up, every tine!

I'm outta here. Have a knife day. See you spoon.

We saw the chocolate sculptures in the Festival Center and were amazed at how good they were. We had seen some chocolate Christmas decorations and they were not as well made ad these were.

:wave2:

So sorry to take so long to get back here.

My dad's move went well, he is so much happier, but I am EXHAUSTED! There are a lot of details he is having me handle. He is calling me or emailing me about 4-5 times a day with requests. Everything from I need a new box for my recycling to Oh, there are two checks that I paid from a checking account that is no longer valid, can you track them down and fix that. I am glad to be able to help him out.

That's my favorite rooster, Rusty. If you told me 10 years ago that I would have a favorite rooster, I would have called you crazy. Who's the crazy one now???

:upsidedow

Oh man, the puns are killing me! :rotfl2:

Don't encourage us!!!

We saw the chocolate sculptures in the Festival Center and were amazed at how good they were. We had seen some chocolate Christmas decorations and they were not as well made ad these were.

I have seen pictures in others trip reports, but seeing them for myself, last year and this past year, really made an impression. I haven't looked back at my pictures. I seem to remember the pandas from the previous year too. They are sooo good!

:worship:

You're a trusting dreamer.

Believe me, if the dream prospective home buyers took anything from the house, it would be a blessing!

Well, that was hawkward.

Good one!!!

:rotfl2:
Oh, they are. But they're as rare as eagles in the south.

This New Englander is very sensitive about Eagles right now.

I did! But what happened was, while I was taking his photo, the monorail went by and I failed to get it in the frame. They demanded to see my camera, deleted the photo, and kicked me out too.

To reward you for laughing at the chicken tender joke, I'll share my very favorite. We have a wooden cow that is somewhat anatomically correct. It has a pail with tubing allowing the kids to sit on the stool to milk her.

"Do you know why a milking stool only has 3 legs?"

Answer in next post

Nah. Still cute.

AWWW! Thanks!

:blush:

Sounds legit.

I have an aversion to immersion. But I might make an exception for confection.

:thumbsup2

I trust you gloated.

Of course! It was better than sharing.

I'm outta here. Have a knife day. See you spoon.

:worship:

Last edited:
The Gang of 8 Ciao Down

We had a 5:05 dining reservation for Via Napoli. This was my first time dining here! It was the first for Teena, too, and some of the others as well.

I arrived in Italy around 4:30 to wait for the other arrivals.

IMG_8585.jpg

IMG_8587.jpg

I walked over to the fountain to take some pictures, but people decided that the lip of the fountain was a good place to sit and smoke.

IMG_8588.jpg

I can’t remember if Janet and Nannette or Teena, Lauren and her friend D or Sue and her husband came first. ~Ninja was not there yet, but we were in communication by text as she was making her way to EPCOT and we were able to track her progress through EPCOT through her Facebook postings.

While waiting, the rest of us found another guest to take our picture. He took his job VERY seriously!

We posed here first.

IMG_1895.jpg

Nice picture, but he suggested that we move to the other side of the plaza for a more picturesque photo. The background was beautiful; however the light was not really in our favor here.

IMG_1898.jpg

And we got photobombed!

IMG_1896.jpg

We checked in to the restaurant right about the time that ~Ninja showed up and we were seated at the large table in the middle of the room in front of the pizza ovens.

IMG_1903.jpg

Closeup of the table décor

IMG_1907.jpg

Here’s our Gang of 8:

IMG_1899.jpg

And two buddies

DSCF9726.jpg

I don’t think anyone got appetizers. A couple of diners got the spaghetti and meatballs.

DSCF9723.jpg

The rest of us got pizza. ~Ninja and I split the white pizza with artichokes. Teena declared her pizza the best she has ever had.

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

YUM!!!

Everything was good and filling. When it was time for dessert, ~Ninja wanted to try both the tiramisu and zeppole, so she ordered those and we split them. Teena and her friend split the gelato frizzante.

DSCF9724.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

We were sufficiently stuffed. We walked out into the beautiful evening.

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

Teena and her friend, and Sue and her husband both went off on their own for the evening.

The four of us were headed to our next stop, not too far from here, where we “picked” a way to thank our friend Nannette for the hospitality of providing the room for our trip. I'll open up about that in the next post.

Last edited:
Believe me, if the dream prospective home buyers took anything from the house, it would be a blessing!

This New Englander is very sensitive about Eagles right now.

Whoops!
(That's what they said.)

To reward you for laughing at the chicken tender joke, I'll share my very favorite. We have a wooden cow that is somewhat anatomically correct. It is a pail with tubing allowing the kids to sit on the stool to milk her.

"Do you know why a milking stool only has 3 legs?"

Answer in next post

A: Because the cow has the udder.

o my gawd

We had a 5:05 dining reservation for Via Napoli. This was my first time dining here!

Curious to see what your reaction to it is.
Mixed reviews. Some love it, others more "meh".

I'm in the latter category.

I walked over to the fountain to take some pictures, but people decided that the lip of the fountain was a good place to sit and smoke.

That isn't a DSA, is it?????

I can’t remember if Janet and Nannette or Teena, Lauren and her friend D or Sue and her husband came first.

The egg. The egg came first.

And we got photobombed!

:laughing:

we were seated at the large table in the middle of the room in front of the pizza ovens.

That seems to be the spot for larger parties.

I like that it's facing in two directions.

Here’s our Gang of 8:

Troublemakers all, obviously.

A couple of diners got the spaghetti and meatballs.

Impressed with the amount of meatballs.
Did they say if it was good or not?

Teena declared her pizza the best she has ever had.

Well, that answers that question.

Margherita
Quattro Formaggi

Prosciutto e Melone

At least that's my guess.

:laughing: And that answers that question!

Pretty. Caught the moon in it too. Nice.

not too far from here, where we “picked” a way to thank our friend Nannette for the hospitality of providing the room for our trip. I'll open up about that in the next post.

Sounds like the world is your oyster.

Yay! Via Napoli! :love:

I'm glad you were able to try the restaurant for the first time. It's probably my favorite place to eat in Disney (so far). That pizza...it's amazing.

Love the group shots, even if the PP forgot to account for where the light was hitting. I guess it's better to get a nice photographer that takes so-so photos than a really rude photographer. :confused3

Oh my goodness, the meals at Via Napoli look so good especially to someone who just ate cottage cheese and crackers for breakfast. Via Napoli is in our top ten list of favorite restaurants at Walt Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter