Title Chosen: World of Friendship! October 2017 Girls Getaway: Aloha to the Poly/ MCO Hyatt p33-4

TT is so much fun but not good on the hair lol
Beautiful shot of the monorail
Those chocolate creations are amazing and the details each one has
Glad you were able to get some rides in on your way to dinner
Via Napoli is so good especially their pizza
Looks like a fun group

Last edited:
Via Napoli is one our favorites and a must do every trip. I can’t believe you or Teena have never been there.
It is the best pizza we’ve ever had!
And the zeppole is a great dessert.
We always get the mezzo metro pizza ( the biggest one)

Adventures with the elderly continued yesterday. Double dose: Mark's mom and my dad. This time things went pretty well with my dad, but we had to abandon ship while banking with mom.

:sad2:

Whoops!
(That's what they said.)

Are there any sports you follow? My favorite football player is actually a little guy who made a bit of a name up north: Doug Flutie.

:cheer2:

o my gawd

One of the kids in a class we were doing told me the milking stool joke.

:rotfl2:

That isn't a DSA, is it?????

I may be mis-remembering. I think the DSA is just off to the right of the fountain. I remember being bothered by the smoke while I was near the fountain. I think they were smoking at the fountain. They were definitely using the photospot as seating which was annoying enough on its own.

The egg. The egg came first.

BWAAAAK!!! BWAAAAAK

She was an adorable photobomber, just dancing around the plaza (piazza) (pizza piazza?)

That seems to be the spot for larger parties.

We were really comfortable there. Another party was eventually seated next to us, but they may have left empty seats in between.

I like that it's facing in two directions.

Clever

Troublemakers all, obviously.

Some more than others

Curious to see what your reaction to it is.
Mixed reviews. Some love it, others more "meh".

I'm in the latter category.

I had a great meal. A lot of it had to do with group. There are so many intriguing restaurants at Disney, and EPCOT specifically, that I'm not sure how often it will make the cut for my family.

Impressed with the amount of meatballs.
Did they say if it was good or not?

I tried a meatball. It was decent, but nothing to rave about.

Margherita
Quattro Formaggi

Prosciutto e Melone

At least that's my guess.

I think you got it right on the pie identification. Sorry for the incomplete reporting.

Teena still raves about the pizza. Mine was very good, but I think I would have enjoyed one with sauce a bit more than just cheese. I didn't try a slice, but the prosciutto e melone was intriguing. And beautiful, I though.

Pretty. Caught the moon in it too. Nice.

It was good that the moon cooperated.

Sounds like the world is your oyster.

We are really going to come out of our shell soon.

::yes::

Yay! Via Napoli! :love:

I'm glad you were able to try the restaurant for the first time. It's probably my favorite place to eat in Disney (so far). That pizza...it's amazing.

Love the group shots, even if the PP forgot to account for where the light was hitting. I guess it's better to get a nice photographer that takes so-so photos than a really rude photographer. :confused3

Everything I had was really good, and the servings are very generous, but pizza is not my first choice when dining at Disney. I prefer some of the more exotic cuisines- Middle East, Mexican- to Italian.

The atmosphere in there is really cool!

:goodvibes

Oh my goodness, the meals at Via Napoli look so good especially to someone who just ate cottage cheese and crackers for breakfast. Via Napoli is in our top ten list of favorite restaurants at Walt Disney World.

Sorry about that! The dangers of RWH: Reading While Hungry.

I love your Via reviews!

:thumbsup2

Sounds like a wonderful meal!! The pizza looks delicious.

Everything was good. Have you dined there?

:cool2:

TT is so much fun but not good on the hair lol
Beautiful shot of the monorail
Those chocolate creations are amazing and the details each one has
Glad you were able to get some rides in on your way to dinner
Via Napoli is so good especially their pizza
Looks like a fun group

Flyaway Hair. Don't Care!

The monorail is beautiful!

The choclolate sculptures are (almost) too good to eat!

I had a really nice solo time at EPCOT, but an even better time with my friends at dinner.

:cool1:

Via Napoli is one our favorites and a must do every trip. I can’t believe you or Teena have never been there.
It is the best pizza we’ve ever had!
And the zeppole is a great dessert.
We always get the mezzo metro pizza ( the biggest one)

I was SHOCKED that Teena had never been there. I think she is returning on most of her future trips.

We mostly got individual sizes of pies. We probably wouldn't have needed to many if we shared.

Last edited:
Nice picture, but he suggested that we move to the other side of the plaza for a more picturesque photo. The background was beautiful; however the light was not really in our favor here.

Nice of him to get several shots, but that's too bad about the lighting. Most people don't really know how that will affect a picture.

The rest of us got pizza. ~Ninja and I split the white pizza with artichokes. Teena declared her pizza the best she has ever had.

Yum!! Looks awesome!!

I was rushing my replies this morning I meant to mention it was another guest not a photopass photographer in Italy

Last edited:
Adventures with the elderly continued yesterday. Double dose: Mark's mom and my dad. This time things went pretty well with my dad, but we had to abandon ship while banking with mom.

Oh? What happened at the bank?

Are there any sports you follow? My favorite football player is actually a little guy who made a bit of a name up north: Doug Flutie.

::yes:: Follow CFL (Go Bombers!) and of course know Doug Flutie... and Warren Moon (if you remember him.)

One of the kids in a class we were doing told me the milking stool joke.

:rotfl2:

:laughing:

I may be mis-remembering. I think the DSA is just off to the right of the fountain. I remember being bothered by the smoke while I was near the fountain. I think they were smoking at the fountain. They were definitely using the photospot as seating which was annoying enough on its own.

BWAAAAK!!! BWAAAAAK

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/14/cc/d2/14ccd28697319539043958f22ddea0ed--funny-pics-funny-****.jpg

She was an adorable photobomber, just dancing around the plaza (piazza) (pizza piazza?)

square

We were really comfortable there. Another party was eventually seated next to us, but they may have left empty seats in between.

::yes:: That's what I've seen happen.

Some more than others

Glad you see this in yourself.

I had a great meal. A lot of it had to do with group. There are so many intriguing restaurants at Disney, and EPCOT specifically, that I'm not sure how often it will make the cut for my family.

Interesting. And yes... group dynamics plays a part.

I tried a meatball. It was decent, but nothing to rave about.

Okay, good to know. Striking it off the list.

I think you got it right on the pie identification. Sorry for the incomplete reporting.

Tragic.

Teena still raves about the pizza. Mine was very good, but I think I would have enjoyed one with sauce a bit more than just cheese. I didn't try a slice, but the prosciutto e melone was intriguing. And beautiful, I though.

I did consider that one, actually.

It was good that the moon cooperated.

I have photoshop. I force it to cooperate.

:rolleyes1

We are really going to come out of our shell soon.

;)

I remember Doug Flutie. He was the quarterback for the Chicago Bears for a couple of years. :)

I didn't try a slice, but the prosciutto e melone was intriguing. And beautiful, I though.
I had wanted to try this pizza for a long time and was glad to finally get the chance to try it. The pizza was very good but would have been just a little better if the melon was ripe. But I would definitely get it again. ::yes::

I have a question - what do people mean when they say "elderly"? Just curious.... :)

"Older than me" :rolleyes1

In my description of "Adventures with the elderly" I was referring to my dad who is 85 and my mother-in-law who is 80. I love and adore them both. Maybe elderly is the point where we need to help them after the many years of them caring for us.

:love:

Last edited:
Hola, Amigos!

Sorry about the disappearing act! Spent a week south of the border while we could still do it without leaping over a wall.

Mark, Ben and I were in Mexico, at the Barcelo Maya Grand, another favorite vacation location. One of the most relaxing trips I have ever had, despite my son having food poisoning on our second day and less than ideal snorkeling conditions.

Finally made it to Chichen Itza after visiting the Yucatan 5 times- it was incredible!

Oh, yeah, and Dead & Company (3 members of the Grateful Dead and John Mayer) performed four nights at our resort on a stage at the far end of the beach. We weren't there because of the event like the majority of people staying there, but we could hear and see the concerts from loungers on the sand. The resort was filled with Deadheads who decorated their rooms with banners and lights, and our fellow guests were so friendly and chill. It was incredibly fun! Even my straight-laced husband enjoyed the vibe from the Deadheads.

:hippie:

Last edited:
Nice of him to get several shots, but that's too bad about the lighting. Most people don't really know how that will affect a picture.

I think the person taking the pictures noticed the lighting was bad and suggested we move to the other side. For a volunteer guest photographer, I was impressed!

Yum!! Looks awesome!!

I was so glad to finally dine at Via Napoli. There are so many great restaurants at Disney (EPCOT in particular). So much food- so little time!

Oh? What happened at the bank?

Mark's took the day off from work, two days before a week-long vacation, to deal with his mom's banking stuff. She wants to add him onto her checking account. We drove to the branch the next town over (not right in town), but when we got there, discovered that we couldn't do add Mark without dissolving the trust or having a power of attorney. Not anyone's fault that we got nowhere, but a big time killer. Then we went to second bank, back in town, where Mark's dad had a checking account, waited to speak with a particular bank representative and then realized we had paperwork for the wrong (a third) bank with us. At that point we abandoned ship without accomplishing anything.

::yes:: Follow CFL (Go Bombers!) and of course know Doug Flutie... and Warren Moon (if you remember him.)

I do remember Warren Moon.

Yes, a stool joke. I love scatological humour.

With so many places being smoke-free, it makes it especially noticeable when exposed to these areas.

Thanks for the link to the chicken memes. There is one I am thinking of that would be perfect for this discussion, but I don't think I can post it here without censure.

Pi(s) r squared, cakes r round

::yes:: That's what I've seen happen.

We were perfectly comfortable at the table. They placed an empty seat or two in between us and the other large party at the same long table.

Glad you see this in yourself.

:magnify: Mirror, mirror.

Interesting. And yes... group dynamics plays a part.

I would eat a shoe with these people!

Okay, good to know. Striking it off the list.

Stick with the pizza, which is more outstanding than the meatballs.

I know! For the fee I am being paid for my trip reporting duties, you would think I would put more effort into being accurate!

I did consider that one, actually.

Pretty sure the melon with prosciutto is what I would order given another chance.

Thanks for your pearls of wisdom.

Last edited:
I remember Doug Flutie. He was the quarterback for the Chicago Bears for a couple of years. :)

I have been a Flutie fan since his BC years. The Hail Mary game against Miami was one of the most exciting 4th quarters of football ever. I was happy at his success in the CFL and I followed him as he roamed around the NFL. I have official jerseys from the San Diego Chargers, Chicago Bears, Buffalo Bills and NE Patriots to prove it. His final play in the NFL was a drop kick for an extra point after a Patriots touchdown.

I had wanted to try this pizza for a long time and was glad to finally get the chance to try it. The pizza was very good but would have been just a little better if the melon was ripe. But I would definitely get it again. ::yes::

That's too bad about the melon. This is the pizza I will get if we go again.

Well I’m finally all caught up with you again! Loved your AK day especially the lion King photos. I love that show. We also went to the stage show in London which was entirely different but equally amazing and very expensive but worth every penny for me :)
The cow stool joke made me laugh and I had no idea that birds could poop but not pee. Just goes to show that the Dis can teach me some new stuff every time I read lol
Love that you got some solo time. Very important for your sanity ( in my case at least)to get to chill on your own a little when traveling with a large group. Those pizzas look delicious and everyone looks so happy. Great company and decent food = fabulous evening :)

I wonder what does happen the chocolate creations when they’re done showing them?
Great day from start to finish :)

I have a question - what do people mean when they say "elderly"? Just curious.... :)

Eh? What's that? Speak up, you young whipper-snapper!

Sorry about the disappearing act!

No! It was cool! I was like "How'd she do that? Hidden trap door?" So cool.

One of the most relaxing trips I have ever had, despite my son having food poisoning on our second day and less than ideal snorkeling conditions.

Well... good... and bad... But I'm guessing mostly good?

Finally made it to Chichen Itza after visiting the Yucatan 5 times- it was incredible!

Saw your post on fb. I'd love to see that, but have no real interest in vacationing in the area.

She wants to add him onto her checking account.

Smart. DW had that with some of MILs accounts. Made things hugely more simple when she passed.

Not anyone's fault that we got nowhere, but a big time killer.

Oy.

we had paperwork for the wrong (a third) bank with us. At that point we abandoned ship without accomplishing anything.

I can see why.

Yes, a stool joke. I love scatological humour.

Scatalogical? Well, poop. If I'd know you were gonna use big words, I woulda brought my dictionary. But now I feel like I don't have a pot to p!ss in.

With so many places being smoke-free, it makes it especially noticeable when exposed to these areas.

Thanks for the link to the chicken memes. There is one I am thinking of that would be perfect for this discussion, but I don't think I can post it here without censure.

Shoot.

Pi(s) r squared, cakes r round

We were perfectly comfortable at the table. They placed an empty seat or two in between us and the other large party at the same long table.

::yes:: I'd be okay with that too.

I would eat a shoe with these people!

Are you shoe you wood?

Stick with the pizza, which is more outstanding than the meatballs.

I did. It's why I probably won't go back. I like good pizza. That was merely passable.

I know! For the fee I am being paid for my trip reporting duties, you would think I would put more effort into being accurate!

:sad2: Sad.

Pretty sure the melon with prosciutto is what I would order given another chance.

If I'm forced to go back (DISmeet there or something) then I'll probably try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter