Titling of contract

hlhlaw07

DIS Veteran
So I was In the unfortunate position of just having closed on a resale contract that I purchased with the strategy of adding on direct when they announced the new change. So I ended up buying 50 points direct before everything was settled with the resale contract. I made sure that the names matched exactly as they were on the resale contract. But what I failed to ensure is the order in which we listed. The resale contract defaulted to putting my husband first (which is annoying as they solely dealt with me) and listing us as husband and wife, and Disney put me first and listed us as wife and husband.

Now I know that there is absolutely no legal difference in the two listings but I always see everyone saying to make sure different contracts are titled exactly the same. Is this going to matter? If it will, will it matter less since the contracts are not the same UY? All I really care about is they show up under the same login as I was already tracking that I would not be able to book one reservation with both contracts without transferring points between them.

Am I totally screwed with these being under the same login? Anybody had a similar experience?

You would have two different membership numbers due to use year anyway. I believe you will be able to see both memberships via drop down menu on the website, even though names are in different order.

If you purchase additional contracts, you need to make sure everything matches exactly for that particular membership/UY, including the order of names on the title.

I’ve got contracts titled differently under the same login. That’s not a problem anymore. I hope you knew what you were getting into with the different use years.

Thanks for the responses. Glad to know they should both be under the same login. I knew about titling exactly the same, I guess I just wasn’t worried about it too much since they were already different membership accounts.

As to the concern on different UYs, I have read all the pros and cons multiple times on this board so I guess I know what I’m getting into as much as anyone can without experiencing it myself first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!