To get a GoPro or not...

Pacha

Mouseketeer
Going to Disney again and as the "camera person" for our family (which I do enjoy doing) and am thinking about getting a GoPro. My current camera is a Canon T6 which I am happy with, but the GoPro has the benefits of being smaller and waterproof. I still plan on bringing by T6 to the parks for fireworks (glad they are coming back), shows, and for when I feel I need it, but wanted something for just walking around with and capturing memories that wasn't as big and heavy and that I could keep out when it was raining or on water rides and not be afraid of ruining my camera. Is a GoPro easy to transition from video to still not if needed like a DSLR is? We do go on other vacations where having a waterproof camera is nice, like snorkeling in Hawaii. If you have a GoPro, are you glad you got it? Should I go with the 9, or are the earlier models just as good?

I have a GoPro and love love love it. Versatile and provides a different perspective than my usual photos. Since you enjoy being the camera person, I think you would like expanding your options. The GoPros really are fun.

We have the 9. It has gotten us to take more video of our kids. We take occasional photos on it but mostly video. We love it and can't believe we waited so long to buy one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter