To Infinity and Beyond - A Pixar WISH Challenge! February 2018

Are you an emotional eater? What sorts of things trigger that in you?
Stress, sadness, or even happy celebration eating?
Where do you think this habit came from?

What about healthy eating habits-- do they have any emotional triggers there too?

Yes and no. My main trigger is over tiredness
Main trigger to eat healthy - having a vacation in few months lol

Non-scale victory!

I have meetings and a big conference to go to next week (speaking at 5 different sessions). So I decided to stop using binder clips to keep my pants on and get some new clothes. In September 2018 I was wearing 3-4X and size 26. I'm down 65 pounds.

Today, after getting my hair cut and colored, I went shopping. I didn't just find clothes, I found them in 1X and size 18 pants. I tried a pair of capris and an awesome shirt that actually showed my COLLARBONES! I haven't seen collarbones in years.

Confession that I just started to weep there in the fitting room.
Congratulations!

QOTD - Yes, I am an emotional eater, but I've been doing it for so long and have so successfully numbed out the triggers that I'm not sure what they are any more. I do know that stress makes me want to chew, and more often than not I reach for chewy candy. I'm many weeks behind in the course, but am going to jump a head to the food week because I think it will help me to clarify what the triggers are.

Had a lovely low key schedule free weekend... eating was pretty good over all, but I did have candy yesterday. Didn't enjoy any of it though, so I have to remember that next time the cravings start. Weather was good enough to get outside and do a bit of clean up, I even took down some more of the Christmas lights. I think the biggest success of the weekend was Whitehall's new kitty play tunnel. I had found an old one while going thru stuff and she really seemed to like it, but it would fall flat so I found one on Amazon that looked like it would stay up-right and it is perfect. I think it might even help with her nervousness, as she feels safe sleeping in it but she can also see out and keep an eye on things.

Happy Monday everyone - let's make it a healthful week!

Last edited:
I am a stress eater and also a bored eater. Darn those Costco chocolate covered almonds. I like crunch, but not salt. I used to eat them by the fistful, then I cut it down to only having four at a time. This month I cut it again to only eating three at a time. Eventually I'll get it down to two and probably call it good--one for each side of my mouth! :rotfl2:

I have a couple of lovely groups of friends who help me when I'm blah. In fact a couple weekends ago I walked over to a friend's house specifically to tell her I was blah! She just listened and then I felt better. Of course DH is a help and this lovely little corner of the internet is wonderful. I'm not really broadcasting that I'm trying to be healthier so nobody is encouraging me to workout more or put down the dove dark chocolate!

My scale said I was down! Yippee. I was glad because it'd been saying the same darn number for about three weeks now. Now to just keep it heading down.

Tuesday, February 27

Since I don't want to distract from Woohoo Wednesday tomorrow, let's reflect today.

Looking back through your memory orbs from this month....

file_608589_Inside-Out-Joy-Riley-memories-640x320.jpg

.... How did things go for you?

What is working? What isn’t working?

What is getting in the way?

What might you do differently next month?

Last edited:
This month started out rough and then the last week or 2 I have finally gotten it together. We have decided to take the kids with us to work out and they go swimming. It is a win/win situation. They love to swim and they are getting some exercise as well and we get our workout in. I do need to do better with tracking my food and I also need to start doing some workout that work on my stomach, butt and thighs. Just walking on a treadmill is not helping in that area.

Month-end check-in:

Sort thru pantry.... 100%
Outside every day.... 100%
Lose 5 pounds.... still a mystery but 100%

So, it looks like February was a success altho I don't feel like I changed very much, maybe they were just very easy goals. I think I need to be a bit more ambitious for March.

My work project that was supposed to go live last Wednesday has been deferred until Thursday. And because of this I've had to move my trip to the beach next week out a week, which I'm actually OK about. Some how I wasn't quite ready to go, even tho I'm really looking forward to it.

My SIS moved most of her stuff over the weekend but she's coming back up to finish clearing the last bits out of her house, so she's going to be staying with me for two nights... have to be honest, so not looking forward to this. I'm used to having my personal space, so that it's going to be a challenge. It might actually inspire me to get out and walk in the evening, just to have some me-time.

Got an emailing from the eating life coach this morning, where she talks about how hunger is driven by hormones and how the only way to regulate hormones is to eat regularly. She also calls out that 97% of dieters end up gaining weight and that dieting is always followed by binge eating, due to the hormone driven need to survive (not starve)... and it isn't going to be binge eating kale either. Not really any new info there, but always good to hear it.

upload_2018-2-27_8-20-27.png

Last edited:

Final weigh in for the month was this morning. 236.8. Goal was 239.4, so I beat it by 2.6 pounds! Total loss since mid September is 68.2.

Exercise 30 min/day - met the goal 26 of 27 days.

10,000 steps/day - met the goal 26 of 27 days. Stupid February 9, when I only did 1,632 steps and didn't exercise.

Woohoo Wednesday, February 28!

tumblr_oh1q8dHW2e1tq4of6o1_500.gif

What maybe February woohoo-able for you?
Or tell us something large or small that happened this week that made you say Woohoo!

I am woohooing that I bought new clothes on Sunday. I just needed new clothes as mine were getting old. I haven't lost weight yet. But I got a dress, 2 pairs of pants, 3 shirts and 2 sweaters/cardigans. Plus I got another sweater, pair of pants and a top 2 weeks ago.

I woo-hooed over the weekend. Being in size 18 pants (from size 26) has completely blown my mind.

Over the weekend, I also bought a bunch of new clothes (first time in 68 pounds) - including workout clothes involving stretchy legging capris. I actually WORE them to the hotel fitness center last night and this morning, in spite of feeling like my legs were stuffed in sausage casing. They are actually pretty comfortable, but I can't imagine being willing to be seen in them!

Reflecting, it's funny -- because I have so far to go, I didn't realize how much smaller my body was until I shopped and tried on the new clothes.

Woohoo it's Wednesday!
I got a good report at the dentist this morning...well, a good report with a little lecture about using my regular toothbrush and not my electric one.

Friday I have an eye exam and will be picking out new glasses, then Saturday I have hair cut and color appointments and will be making a significant change to my color. I've been medium brunette for over 6 months but am going to go back up to dark blonde so I don't have so much root upkeep.

No fisticuffs with my SIS last night, although she wasn't happy that I made her go to bed at 9pm, when I hit the hay. When we shared a hotel room at Christmas she had the TV on until past 11pm, despite that fact that I was already trying to sleep... but how does that saying go "my house my rules"? I get up so stinking early that I can't afford to toss and turn because the TV is blaring, so I turned it off and said "bedtime". This evening we're going out to dinner for my Neice's birthday, so not much chance of sitting around getting on each other's nerves.

One of my projects went "live" yesterday, with just one little hick-up... hopefully the other one will go smoothly - and will go this week. Well, that didn't last long, just got an IM saying its pushed out until next week. Dang. This time I did take a non-refundable rate on my hotel room the following week, so I'm going one way or the other. And I booked the fancy part of the resort this time, the little boutique inn up in the sand dunes, where every room faces the ocean and have a leather sofa and fire place. Ahhh... I fee lmore relaxed just thinking about it.

upload_2018-2-28_8-45-10.png

Hey all,

Did we have a volunteer for March? Or did I miss the thread?

Or if no one wants to jump right on in, I can start something if someone wants to coordinate to pick up.... can't say the questions will be super creative LOL! but we can get started :-)

I am not seeing one for March if there is one can someone message me the link if not let me know and I will start one.

I can take a few days in the second half of March, after I gt back from vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!