Tokyo Disney and Language Issues

With the phone issue, the 'problem' seems to be on the Japan side. My husband travels to many countries and his phone works everywhere but Japan. Now he takes a 3G phone and yes, it works there.'

As for ATM cards, most Japanese ATMs will not accept U.S. cards, but some will - most notably, ATMs at post offices, 7-Elevens, and Citibank branches. I understand that there is a postal ATM in the Ikspiari mall at Tokyo Disney, although I haven't used it myself.

Please note that the 7-11's in Japan do not currently accept Maestro/Cirrus (part of MasterCard) cards due to a dispute that hasn't been resolved yet. They did accept them when we were there last year...hopefully it'll get fixed soon so they will take them again.

We had no problem getting cash from one of the ATMs in Ikspiari...there are two ATM's side by side, different banks...one worked, one didn't.

We also had no trouble getting cash from an ATM at the airport.

I also heard that some of the HSBC's in Japan also take "western" cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter