Tony’s or mama Melrose?

Mama Melrose's really is better. And does Kevin still work there? One of the best waiters at Disney. It's Buca di Beppoish in quality without the family style aspect.

But Tony's is fine if you're looking for an Olive Gardenesque experience too. Just loud and sweaty too.
Kevin--we love him!--was still there last December, which is the last time I was at WDW. Boo hoo hoo.

Now the mama Melrose one is gone. I guess I picked wrong 😕
Do you mind leaving the park? GFC is a great place for lunch while at MK.

And another vote here for Mama Melrose. It's way better--and quieter.

Last edited:

"Tony’s or mama Melrose? " If we only have two options, I would select Mama, based upon our experiences. We found their food options/preparation more satisfying and our dining room experience more satisfying at Mama while at Tony's our experiences are mixed based upon where we were seated in the restaurant

"Tony’s or mama Melrose? " If we only have two options, I would select Mama, based upon our experiences. We found their food options/preparation more satisfying and our dining room experience more satisfying at Mama while at Tony's our experiences are mixed based upon where we were seated in the restaurant
Thanks.

My family had a very nice lunch at Tony’s our last day there in July. Mama’s used to be a staple for my family every time we went, but the last few times we were there were disappointing. I remember feeling like the portion sizes shrunk, but that was also about 10 years ago, so all I can speak to is Tony’s. In July, we had a great meal, when my parents were just there last week, they were disappointed, so it’s hit or miss. MK is probably my least favorite TS park. Skipper Canteen is good and usually not too hard to get an ADR for.
Would agree that Skippers is our goto dinner at MK. We have had very good food at BoG as well, but it is pricier. It was fun getting our picture with the Beast, but you can't do that anymore.

I LOVE Italian food. It's doesn't even have to be outstanding for me to enjoy it. But I have no reason to go back to Tony's. I didn't like it at all. I enjoyed Mama Melrose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter