Too late?

LIGrumpyGirl

DIS Veteran
I just decided to buy AP and the DDE...except we leave in 10 days! Is it possible? Who do I call?!

I would do both when you get there at this point. You can get the DVC discount at DTD or any of the park customer service windows. You can also buy your DDE there, and pick up a letter at guest relations inside the park.

Hmmmm -- the AP you can get when you arrive. I'd call the DDE line now and ask if, once you have your AP, you can pay for the DDE and get a letter faxed to your resort or one of the customer service desks at the park. I'm sure they can do it, though if you're arriving on a weekend, you may not be able to get it until Monday. Call DDE and ask them the best way to handle it -- I'm sure they can find a way to work it out for you!

DDE phone = (407) 566-5858.

dianeschlicht said:
I would do both when you get there at this point. You can get the DVC discount at DTD or any of the park customer service windows. You can also buy your DDE there, and pick up a letter at guest relations inside the park.

Where can I buy the DDE on site? At DTD? Where do I pick up the letter...which park?

When you purchase your AP, the CM helping you will gladly call DDE for you if its during normal business hours. That is the only trick here is that the DDE office is only open Mon - Friday 9-5ish, so if you check in on Sunday night, you won't be able to get it until Monday morning. If you have to wait until Monday, the front desk at the hotel can help you or you can call Disney Dining yourself via your phone in your room!

The last I heard, you had to pick up your DDE "temporary" voucher at EPCOT Guest Relations, but I am not sure about that. They might fax it to your resort for you if you are already checked in. I don't think it will be that much trouble either way and I would certainly wait at this point to get both done when you get there as Diane suggested.

You can certainly call DDE at this point and see if they will go ahead and issue your card and send you the temp letter, however, the most recent postings about that have said you must have either a voucher number or an AP number to get it done. If you have time, give it a try, but I bet they will tell you that you have to wait til you get your AP as well.

Good luck!

Have a great trip! :)

Thanks all for your help. I called the number given above and here is the answer:
Go to DTD on Monday morning and buy APs. Then call DDE. They will send a letter over to EPCOT that evening by 530.

It all ends up good for me...I am off to city hall first thing in the morning for my marriage license and then to DTD for APs. We have dinner PS (ARs?) at 630 at EPCOT so if timing is good I should have it in time for dinner! Keep your fingers crossed!

I don't think they are faxing the letters anymore. Due to counterfeit letters going around, you have to have an original with a special watermark.

LIGrumpyGirl said:
Thanks all for your help. I called the number given above and here is the answer:
Go to DTD on Monday morning and buy APs. Then call DDE. They will send a letter over to EPCOT that evening by 530.

It all ends up good for me...I am off to city hall first thing in the morning for my marriage license and then to DTD for APs. We have dinner PS (ARs?) at 630 at EPCOT so if timing is good I should have it in time for dinner! Keep your fingers crossed!

aawwww Congrats!!!

I hope all your plans go great!!

Definately possible. We just purchased our DVC contract in May and didn't get into the system until about 10 days before our trip. We called member services, but they actually gave me the wrong info at first. If I were you I would call the DDE order number and see exactly what they are currently doing. We were finally able to order the DDE 2 days before we left and the letter was at Epcot on the Saturday that we arrived.

This was just our experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter