(too much of) The Business Side of Disney

What I appreciate about the DIS is that the group (especially Pete) is willing to dig further into what's happening at Disney than the basic information. Many shows can cover Toy Story Land and a new restaurant, but what makes the Dis Unplugged really connect with me is when the conversation goes beyond that fact. The business is a part of what interests me about the parks, and the variety is also important too.

I don't see how you have a serious discussion about what you like, don't like and changes without involving the business aspect of things. I mean, it may be nice and all to hear about this expansion and that party, but it's not done out of the goodness of Bob Iger's heart and when things don't seem right/good, the logical thing is to start questioning business decisions and the direction of the company/managemet.

It was refreshing to hear on one such business discussion recently, in which the normally topic that frequently revolves around how Disney is screwing their employees, someone on the team actually said that there was a solution to the problem, in which these employees can go out and learn a new skill and find a job outside of Disney.

I enjoy the business bits, there is just enough to give my Dis thoughts a little more depth and broaden my understanding without turning into an economics lesson. Thanks all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts