Toontown hours?

CindyH

Mouseketeer
I think I remember reading that Toontown opens an hour after DL opens, and closes an hour before DL closes. Is that true weekdays as well as weekends?

Also, are all rides/attractions (like Mickey and Minnie's house) open as long as Toontown is open? Thanks. :sunny:

If it's a night when the fireworks are showing, Toontown closes at 8:30, otherwise, I'm not sure when it closes (I spend very little time there). I believe all attractions are open the whole time. Mickey is the only character you can greet during all Toontown hours. Others end around 4:30 or 5.

We were at DL this past weekend. Toontown opened 1 hour after park opening and closed at 8:30 pm (to get ready for the fireworks show). Mickey was available at his house up until very close to closing. Minnie is only available periodically throughout the day at her house. Both houses are open however, to play in.

I work in Toontown Attractions. :)

We open one hour after the park opens unless it is a Morning Madness day, in which case we open with the park for those holding Morning Madness tickets. All park guests are always allowed in one hour after the official DL opening.

If there are fireworks, we close at 8:30. Generally speaking, even if it looks like the fireworks may be cancelled, we still close at 8:30. (There have been a couple exceptions recently where the fireworks were cancelled very early in the day and we stayed open until 9:30.) If there are not fireworks, we close with the park.

Everything is open the hours Toontown is open. Mickey is always in his house. The rest of the characters generally are only out until about 4:30pm and take breaks periodically throughout the day.

If I can answer anything else, feel free and ask!

(Especially Supercarrie) - We don't have tickets for MTM this time, so I was a little concerned about getting around Toontown with the normal crowd. Hopefully things will be a *little* less hectic the week of April 3rd (yeah, I know it's the 50th! :goodvibes ). I had never considered going into Toontown in the evening, but since the kids are a little older and have more stamina, I think we might have to try it.

Thanks again! :sunny:

supercarrie said:
I work in Toontown Attractions. :)

We open one hour after the park opens unless it is a Morning Madness day, in which case we open with the park for those holding Morning Madness tickets. All park guests are always allowed in one hour after the official DL opening.

If I can answer anything else, feel free and ask!

What day is usually more crowded for Morning madness - monday or thursday? Those are the 2 days that we will be at DL all day. The monday we will be there is my daughter's birthday. I am trying to decide if we should do this on her birthday or leave it to thursday which is our last day.

Thanks for your help!

A lot of the fireworks are launched from Toontown and they need time to set them up.

I don't work Thursdays because of school, but I would venture a guess that Thursday is probably slightly more crowded. The Mondays that I have worked TT has been absolutely empty in the mornings. And I think it would be a very fun way for your daughter to start her birthday, too!

Oh, and about the fireworks...be glad we close Toontown! Some nights after the fireworks when we are given the all clear to return to our break room to clock out, the ground is covered with empty shells. The only people allowed back there are tech CMs and fire marshalls. :) They aren't actually launched from TT, but literally right behind it backstage.

Edited to add that I just checked, and according to my schedule Morning Madness is not even offered on Thursdays. Early entry is, but Morning Madness is not! Sorry I didn't notice this earlier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter