Toscana Suites-BEWARE

kiltclan

Kilt up!
Hey everyone, just got back from a 2 night Disney jaunt and decided to stay off property for the first time in a long time. I did a ton of Research first to find the best/cheapest/closest/most shuttle friendly hotel I could and ended up with Toscana Suites on Reedy Creek Blvd. I booked through Travelocity. The "regular rate" was $125 a night, the discount I paid was $71.

At first look at the page, this is an amazing hotel, 1-3 bedroom suites with fully stocked kitchens, jacuzzi bathtubs, rainfall shower heads and a private balcony! Travelocity also reported that there was to be a shuttle into the Theme park. I checked the reviews to see and they were all over the place. Some people gave it 5 stars with only 'small problems' and yet others gave 1 one and cited major issues. I decided to go with the majority on this one and booked the 1 bedroom suite.

Flash forward to check in and we're driving down a dark, dead-end road, with broken down buildings that look like they're either condemned or undergoing major construction, it was hard to tell. Sure the cab driver has taken us to the wrong address and was going to kill us when at the very end, a tiny light showed us to the check-in counter. We checked in and got our room.

Our room was nice, spacious and the furniture looked nice too. Being the anal retentive people we are though, we scoured the hotel room for any sign of bed bugs or mold before moving our bags in. We found neither, but the front panel of the tub had completely fallen off and you could see all the inner jacuzzi workings. We asked to be switched and ended up with a corner suite on the second floor:woohoo:.

So we get to the new one and begin the search again, still nothing, and this one doesn't have the tub attacking us though it does smell like smoke. We go to open the curtains to our balcony and turns out, it's a sliding glass door leading to another hallway behind our room. It seems that, rather than blocking off the room, they extended the walkway around the corner of our room, behind our room and into the next 'building'. We were one of 10 rooms or so with a "private balcony" out of around 15 total bedrooms. Oh well, no big, were not here for the balcony. So we begin our trip to the store for food to cook in our kitchen.

When we got back, we encountered another issue. We were very much lacking in the 'fully stocked kitchen' category. We had about 2 pans only big enough to fry a single egg at a time that had what looked like years worth of burnt grease stuck onto it and no pot in which to cook our pasta. We also had about 3 dingy forks, 2 spoons and no can opener to speak of. As you might imagine we were not pleased.

It was finally time for bed. I was exhausted and fell asleep about 2 hours before my best friend. Well, fell asleep isn't so much the right word. I went to lay down on the bed and was in immediate pain. it felt like they had decided to use 2 box springs instead of buying a mattress, I could feel every little spring. We tried the pull-out sofa to see and it was even worse! Not only that, but the 'blanket' was so thin, we had to go ask for more. Took about 5 'blankets', which I swear was 2 sheets sewn together before we could finally feel warm.

The next morning, I decided to take advantage of the jacuzzi tub to try to help with the pain and stiffness of sleeping on that bed. When I tried to turn it on, nothing moved. The handle was so jammed, we couldn't turn it to turn on the water. It finally took me and my friend pulling, and hitting the handle to finally get the water on. Thanking the gods for small favors, we decided not to turn the water off until we were both showered, but decided on baths when the shower head water came out brown!! The jacuzzi tub did work, but the jets were placed way too high so unless you nearly overflowed the water, you were gonna get a vicious spray of water in the face.

We finally went downstairs to ask about when the Disney shuttle would be coming by and the lady full on laughed in our face. "what shuttle, we never had a shuttle". Oh well, travelocity says, even louder laughing. We decided to check out at that exact moment and ended up far away in a room worth $71 a night.

Thank you for posting this review. We have this hotel reserved for 1 night in June before we check in onsite. can cancel - just waiting for another great deal on an inexpensive hotel.

Hey everyone, just got back from a 2 night Disney jaunt and decided to stay off property for the first time in a long time. I did a ton of Research first to find the best/cheapest/closest/most shuttle friendly hotel I could and ended up with Toscana Suites on Reedy Creek Blvd. I booked through Travelocity. The "regular rate" was $125 a night, the discount I paid was $71.

At first look at the page, this is an amazing hotel, 1-3 bedroom suites with fully stocked kitchens, jacuzzi bathtubs, rainfall shower heads and a private balcony! Travelocity also reported that there was to be a shuttle into the Theme park. I checked the reviews to see and they were all over the place. Some people gave it 5 stars with only 'small problems' and yet others gave 1 one and cited major issues. I decided to go with the majority on this one and booked the 1 bedroom suite.

Flash forward to check in and we're driving down a dark, dead-end road, with broken down buildings that look like they're either condemned or undergoing major construction, it was hard to tell. Sure the cab driver has taken us to the wrong address and was going to kill us when at the very end, a tiny light showed us to the check-in counter. We checked in and got our room.

Our room was nice, spacious and the furniture looked nice too. Being the anal retentive people we are though, we scoured the hotel room for any sign of bed bugs or mold before moving our bags in. We found neither, but the front panel of the tub had completely fallen off and you could see all the inner jacuzzi workings. We asked to be switched and ended up with a corner suite on the second floor:woohoo:.

So we get to the new one and begin the search again, still nothing, and this one doesn't have the tub attacking us though it does smell like smoke. We go to open the curtains to our balcony and turns out, it's a sliding glass door leading to another hallway behind our room. It seems that, rather than blocking off the room, they extended the walkway around the corner of our room, behind our room and into the next 'building'. We were one of 10 rooms or so with a "private balcony" out of around 15 total bedrooms. Oh well, no big, were not here for the balcony. So we begin our trip to the store for food to cook in our kitchen.

When we got back, we encountered another issue. We were very much lacking in the 'fully stocked kitchen' category. We had about 2 pans only big enough to fry a single egg at a time that had what looked like years worth of burnt grease stuck onto it and no pot in which to cook our pasta. We also had about 3 dingy forks, 2 spoons and no can opener to speak of. As you might imagine we were not pleased.

It was finally time for bed. I was exhausted and fell asleep about 2 hours before my best friend. Well, fell asleep isn't so much the right word. I went to lay down on the bed and was in immediate pain. it felt like they had decided to use 2 box springs instead of buying a mattress, I could feel every little spring. We tried the pull-out sofa to see and it was even worse! Not only that, but the 'blanket' was so thin, we had to go ask for more. Took about 5 'blankets', which I swear was 2 sheets sewn together before we could finally feel warm.

The next morning, I decided to take advantage of the jacuzzi tub to try to help with the pain and stiffness of sleeping on that bed. When I tried to turn it on, nothing moved. The handle was so jammed, we couldn't turn it to turn on the water. It finally took me and my friend pulling, and hitting the handle to finally get the water on. Thanking the gods for small favors, we decided not to turn the water off until we were both showered, but decided on baths when the shower head water came out brown!! The jacuzzi tub did work, but the jets were placed way too high so unless you nearly overflowed the water, you were gonna get a vicious spray of water in the face.

We finally went downstairs to ask about when the Disney shuttle would be coming by and the lady full on laughed in our face. "what shuttle, we never had a shuttle". Oh well, travelocity says, even louder laughing. We decided to check out at that exact moment and ended up far away in a room worth $71 a night.
Thank you for the detailed review. This one comes up often on AFVC and I've wondered about it. Defenately a "Pass"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter