Total Park Virtual Queues - Do we like this idea?

TomorrowlandKD

Nowwwww approaching...
Yesterday's podcast chat with Pete and Craig really got me thinking about this possibility. Pete made a good point on how the potential for the crowds to be insane during the Summer/Fall this year due to the corona cancellations and how this virtual queue across the park would be a good way to control the crowds...

There have been lots of rumors about WDW parks going to complete virtual queueing (in the vein of ROTR). Do you think this would be a good thing in the long run? Do you think it would make the parks' open areas more crazy with crowds of people just standing around waiting for their time to be called? There are only so many dole whips you can eat while you wait (well maybe not)!

Would it eliminate the need to have Fastpasses all together? It's an interesting theory to think about. The whole "way of the life" in how the parks are could change, much like it did when Fastpasses were introduced in 1999 (I still miss those paper Fastpasses. I loved them!).

Just curious what others think about this. It raises a lot of interesting questions. I think I'd enjoy it. But then it would make going to WDW officially need to require a cell phone with you...

I have mixed feelings about it. In theory, I didn't mind the virtual que, it practice it really needed some ironing out. I can only give my own personal experience. We got into the park about 30 min. before opening and everyone milled around until opening. Nothing was open except Starbucks so there wasn't even any going in the stores to get out of the cold (it was Jan.). I got us into group 32 in about 1 min. of park opening. In theory they were doing 10 groups a hour, park opened at 7. That would mean we would get called around 10 so we opted to stay in the park. No food places opened until 8, even though the park opened at 7 so that sucked. We rode ToT and walked around Star Wars and rode MF. Turned out the ride was down the night before so they handed out FPs to those people and those FPs were given priority over groups being called. Then the ride went down a few times that morning, thus pushing the groups back. Our group didn't end up being called until 1:30. We were afraid to walk back to the resort or to Epcot because of the two hour window, the walk takes at least 20 min. or 30 min. so it would be almost turning around and going back right away. We did stand in line for TSMM and get lunch while waiting but SDD was down that day, we can't ride RNRC because my son has spinal nerve damage, we can't ride Star Tours because he is claustrophobic. It was cold and rainy and just a miserable day. When we finally got in line for the ride, the two pre-shows were down so we were just hurried through those rooms and onto the ride itself, which was o.k. but lacking because of missing the pre-shows. So, if they could work out the kinks in the system and keep FP for maybe 2nd tier rides, maybe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter