Total sticker shock how expensive its gone.

As far as i was aware you don't pay to park at resorts if your staying at the resort.

Your right in how much things have gone up and yes the dollar rate does have an affect but some of the increase is demand.

I had a look today at Eurostar to Disneyland Paris for a short break and if you travel by train the train fare alone was 218 pounds per adult but if i went to Paris and not the Disney station it was only 90 pounds per person yet it is a longer journey, this shows that companies put up prices just because its going to somewhere like Disney, it's the demand that drives up the price.
OMG I priced up a holiday to DLP and it was basically the same price as WDW! Craziness!

OMG I priced up a holiday to DLP and it was basically the same price as WDW! Craziness!
DLP has gone insanely expensive - 2 years ago we went for Oct half term and its was just over £1k for Value hotel, tickets, half board meal plan and flight - same trip this year £3.5k! WDW sure isn't cheap but I actually think a bargain compared to DLP!

DLP can still be done cheaper staying offsite. This is especially true if you can go during dates of a cheaper AP and either go for 4-5 nights or a few times in a year. The difference to WDW is that much of the offsite options include places you do not pay for parking and have free buses or can walk from.

We've had a 5 year break from disney after visiting 3 times a year for 15 years, we found we werent appreciating it so decided to have a few years break and travel to different places. A number of family things happened which has now turned into 5 years.

I've spent the last 2 days looking at prices for next year and I cant believe how much everything has gone up, the dollar has a lot to answer for 🙄 car hire alone has doubled. Annual passes are crazy.
After reading up a bit i cant believe the difference, even Disney charging for parking at resorts etc. Feels like we're now getting out priced. Certainly couldn't afford 3 holidays a year to orlando now.

We were so looking forward to going back, now wondering if I can justify the cost. 🤔
it's why we bought DVC last year..
we could no longer afford the cash prices

That's what we have done this year Beth, purchased DVC at AKV via resale. Spent around £12,000 one off cost but given the room we have booked for our honeymoon is a studio at the Boardwalk we would have paid over £5000 for this booking in cash.

and for us - we pay for my kids and grandkids as well..
so having to pay for 3 or even 4 rooms was completely beyond what we could manage..
but with DVC, we can book 3 one bedroom villas on points for less than it would cost me to pay for 3 rooms at pop century!!
and this way we get kitchens and laundry ..

i'm only sorry we didn't do it years ago....but better late than never

DLP can still be done cheaper staying offsite. This is especially true if you can go during dates of a cheaper AP and either go for 4-5 nights or a few times in a year. The difference to WDW is that much of the offsite options include places you do not pay for parking and have free buses or can walk from.
We are going to DLP for the first time next month. 4 nights in a lovely 2 bed apartment, walkable to DLP or free bus, 2 days in Disney, 1 day in Paris, incl Eurotunnel and train tix into Paris it's costing around £1,000 for 4 of us.

We are going to DLP for the first time next month. 4 nights in a lovely 2 bed apartment, walkable to DLP or free bus, 2 days in Disney, 1 day in Paris, incl Eurotunnel and train tix into Paris it's costing around £1,000 for 4 of us.
wow that's a fantastic price for all of that!!
we were there in july for 4 nights and it cost us an incredible amount of money..
and given that the french think they live in a cold country, the lackluster A/C was a disaster...
even before the temp hit 108, it was hotter than hades in the ridiculously expensive hotel room we were in...

i hope you have a great time..
i'm sure it will be a lot better than we had...
the big problem for us was the weather and the lack of any facilities to deal with it..
not even water....which was unforgivable....
putting out water is a very simple thing for which you need no infrastructure..

we were also disturbed by the lack of cleanliness in the hotel..
but that shouldn't affect you at all..

DLP definitely has good rides..
Ratatouille is AMAZING!!!
Thunder Mountain is also great....
i'm not a big fan of thunder mountain at WDW, but i really enjoyed the french version..
let's see,....i'm having a hard time remembering what we liked...

pirates was good, as was phantom manor, though i prefer the WDW version..

be sure to try out the kiddie rides, they're very good (small world is much better at DLP)...

i'd love to hear about your trip..
perhaps a live report???

oh...places to eat - we really enjoyed captain jack's...

Last edited:
I don't understand! We have friends who live in the UK, and they get a deal, probably a package thru an agency? that gives them great prices on tickets, almost everything else, and $500.00 in gift cards. They say that the most expensive thing they pay for going to Disney are the flights. The rest is a pretty good deal.
No, I have never asked them where they book their packages with, but I just assume it is with a Disney TA and a package deal.
Isn't this type of thing available to everyone in the UK? I really am confused about this.

it's why we bought DVC last year..
we could no longer afford the cash prices

Its really the price of the park tickets that kills us though. I can rent a 1-bedroom at the Boardwalk for 2k for 7 nights on points, but 6 days in the park for a family of 4 is just as much as the room! A little bit more actually.

Its really the price of the park tickets that kills us though. I can rent a 1-bedroom at the Boardwalk for 2k for 7 nights on points, but 6 days in the park for a family of 4 is just as much as the room! A little bit more actually.

DVC get discounted park tickets...thought they're still expensive, just not quite as expensive..
however, i still ended up buying the UK 14 day ultimate this past august..
it worked out the cheapest for us..

I don't understand! We have friends who live in the UK, and they get a deal, probably a package thru an agency? that gives them great prices on tickets, almost everything else, and $500.00 in gift cards. They say that the most expensive thing they pay for going to Disney are the flights. The rest is a pretty good deal.
No, I have never asked them where they book their packages with, but I just assume it is with a Disney TA and a package deal.
Isn't this type of thing available to everyone in the UK? I really am confused about this.

yes, the UK packages are usually at a discount from what is available on the US website.
However, the UK packages have gone way up in price over the past couple of years.

i forgot to say that we loved the eurostar we took from ashford international to DLP...
i booked us in the better class, whatever it's called...
i did that since we were only boarding in ashford (rather than in london), so i wanted to be sure we had our seats all set in advance..
as it turned out it was lucky...
a family decided to sit in our seats - they were the best seats in the car...what? they didn't think someone had already booked them?
and they were all pissy when we told them they were our seats..
fortunately, a eurostar person came and tossed them out...(the mother gave us a dirty look and complained saying her son was "special" and needed those seats.....arghh.....)
we had 8 seats booked.. (two sets of 4 around a table)...
the seats included breakfast, which was surprisingly yummy,,,,
i figured it wouldn't be anything special but it was really good and great to have it served right to your seat...
anyway, it was a lovely ride and we all enjoyed it....train was fast and clean.....and both stations were nice...
ashford station was especially nice with a kiddie area full of toys that our grandkids loved..

wow that's a fantastic price for all of that!!
we were there in july for 4 nights and it cost us an incredible amount of money..
and given that the french think they live in a cold country, the lackluster A/C was a disaster...
even before the temp hit 108, it was hotter than hades in the ridiculously expensive hotel room we were in...

i hope you have a great time..
i'm sure it will be a lot better than we had...
the big problem for us was the weather and the lack of any facilities to deal with it..
not even water....which was unforgivable....
putting out water is a very simple thing for which you need no infrastructure..

we were also disturbed by the lack of cleanliness in the hotel..
but that shouldn't affect you at all..

DLP definitely has good rides..
Ratatouille is AMAZING!!!
Thunder Mountain is also great....
i'm not a big fan of thunder mountain at WDW, but i really enjoyed the french version..
let's see,....i'm having a hard time remembering what we liked...

pirates was good, as was phantom manor, though i prefer the WDW version..

be sure to try out the kiddie rides, they're very good (small world is much better at DLP)...

i'd love to hear about your trip..
perhaps a live report???

oh...places to eat - we really enjoyed captain jack's...

Just like the UK, although I think it is improving. Last year we stayed in the Lake District for a few days, it was June and middle of a heatwave, 3 fans going and a window open still too hot.
I really have no idea about DLP, I said I would never go but Matt asked us if we wanted to go to celebrate him finishing is PhD. This week we have theatre trips to Manchester and York (2 nights) then we can start planning DLP.
No live report unfortunately, I might put a few pics on FB but that will be it.

i forgot to say that we loved the eurostar we took from ashford international to DLP...
i booked us in the better class, whatever it's called...
i did that since we were only boarding in ashford (rather than in london), so i wanted to be sure we had our seats all set in advance..
as it turned out it was lucky...
a family decided to sit in our seats - they were the best seats in the car...what? they didn't think someone had already booked them?
and they were all pissy when we told them they were our seats..
fortunately, a eurostar person came and tossed them out...(the mother gave us a dirty look and complained saying her son was "special" and needed those seats.....arghh.....)
we had 8 seats booked.. (two sets of 4 around a table)...
the seats included breakfast, which was surprisingly yummy,,,,
i figured it wouldn't be anything special but it was really good and great to have it served right to your seat...
anyway, it was a lovely ride and we all enjoyed it....train was fast and clean.....and both stations were nice...
ashford station was especially nice with a kiddie area full of toys that our grandkids loved..

Looked at Eurostar but way too expensive, it was £440 (£110pp) for cheapest seats then train to London on top. Tunnel is costing £134 for us all. Quite a lot of driving from Yorkshire so booked a Travelodge on way down to break the journey, only £22 per room for the night.

Looked at Eurostar but way too expensive, it was £440 (£110pp) for cheapest seats then train to London on top. Tunnel is costing £134 for us all. Quite a lot of driving from Yorkshire so booked a Travelodge on way down to break the journey, only £22 per room for the night.

i can't believe how expensive!!!
it was really cheap when we went....and smack in the middle of high season..
i paid 28 euros/person for the train tickets
and that was for the expensive seats, including breakfast...
how is it so expensive now?????...that's insane!!

i think you might like DLP...
our biggest issue was the heat and lack of water, or anything to drink easily at hand...
but you're going now, so it should be very pleasant...
the studios is a bit light in terms of what's available, but ratatouille is a must must must
it's really a good ride...
we rode it 3 or 4 times and enjoyed it every time
in fact, i suggest you ride it at least twice as the first time is a bit overwhelming so you don't really even see half of what's going on..
we all said we saw a zillion things the second time we hadn't seen the first time..

let's see....what else..
i have to go look at a map to remind myself what you need to see...
but ratatouille is a MUST..

also, thunder mountain, as it's different from the WDW version.
as i mentioned, the one at DLP is better...
i can't tell you about space mountain as we didn't ride it..
ok...i'm off to look at a map of DLP to remind myself...

ok....i just took a quick look..

here's what we enjoyed:

studios:
ratatouille
- a must ride as i've said way too many times already
crush coaster - only my son rode this and he said it was great (it's beyond the rest of us in terms of motion sickness)

there are other rides at the studios, but some of them were down when we were there..
only some of us went on tower of terror - i believe it's like the way it used to be at WDW, but i didn't go on it, so i can't say..
the grandkids went on the slinky dog and flying carpets and liked them fine, but they're nothing special...
the car rides were all down when we were there so i can't comment on them..
oh and we went on the Studio tram tour, similar to WDW and we enjoyed it..

Disneyland:
thunder mountain
- DLP version better than WDW
phantom manor - very good - some people say it's better than haunted mansion at WDW, but i actually like HM better....but PM was also very good..
Pirates of the Caribbean - i can't remember this anymore, but i think we thought it was better than the one at WDW.....
Buzz Lightyear - much better than the one at WDW....this one the guns can be lifted, so they're much easier to aim, plus there's much more to shoot at, plus you know when you've hit something....really fun...
we did this at rope drop one day and did it about 10 times in a row.....so you see, we really liked it!!
it's a small world - better than the one at WDW (yes, really, it is better.....we all thought so)..
casey jr's circus train - this is a similar train to the one in disneyland, but this one is really a roller coaster....i'd say it's even wilder than 7 dwarves....we rode this one about 7 times as our 5 year old grandson fell in love with it and we all enjoyed it too...
the storybook boats - it has a name in french: le pays de conte de fees - it's in fantasyland....a kiddie boat ride....we enjoyed it....but we like all boat rides...it's very slow and goes by storybook scenes....not a must, but it's a nice ride...it's right next to casey
Peter Pan's Flight - i actually thought this wasn't as good, but some people think it's better...i thought it was a little choppy...
Alice's Curious Labyrinth - the grandkids loved this

i can't remember if anyone rode star tours or space mountain, so nothing to say on those, though i've heard that space mountain is better at DLP...

in general, i thought fantasyland was very pretty...
i think indiana jones was closed, so we didn't ride it..
and autopia was closed..
and also i think the railroad was closed..

we didn't do any meet and greets as we'd just been on the disney magic, so no need..

we did see mickey and the magician, which the kids really enjoyed...
the lines for everything else were deadly...

all in all, it's not bad...
and if you can get it at a reasonable price, then it's definitely a good deal..

We've had a 5 year break from disney after visiting 3 times a year for 15 years, we found we werent appreciating it so decided to have a few years break and travel to different places. A number of family things happened which has now turned into 5 years.

I've spent the last 2 days looking at prices for next year and I cant believe how much everything has gone up, the dollar has a lot to answer for 🙄 car hire alone has doubled. Annual passes are crazy.
After reading up a bit i cant believe the difference, even Disney charging for parking at resorts etc. Feels like we're now getting out priced. Certainly couldn't afford 3 holidays a year to orlando now.

We were so looking forward to going back, now wondering if I can justify the cost. 🤔

No need to blame the dollar, the price increases at WDW are simply insane even year to year. I keep wondering when will be the breaking point, but there seems to be no breaking point. For every family that gets priced out, there are more families, wallets open, ready to give the mouse their money.

There looks to be no end to the price increases..

ok....i just took a quick look..

here's what we enjoyed:

studios:
ratatouille
- a must ride as i've said way too many times already
crush coaster - only my son rode this and he said it was great (it's beyond the rest of us in terms of motion sickness)

there are other rides at the studios, but some of them were down when we were there..
only some of us went on tower of terror - i believe it's like the way it used to be at WDW, but i didn't go on it, so i can't say..
the grandkids went on the slinky dog and flying carpets and liked them fine, but they're nothing special...
the car rides were all down when we were there so i can't comment on them..
oh and we went on the Studio tram tour, similar to WDW and we enjoyed it..

Disneyland:
thunder mountain
- DLP version better than WDW
phantom manor - very good - some people say it's better than haunted mansion at WDW, but i actually like HM better....but PM was also very good..
Pirates of the Caribbean - i can't remember this anymore, but i think we thought it was better than the one at WDW.....
Buzz Lightyear - much better than the one at WDW....this one the guns can be lifted, so they're much easier to aim, plus there's much more to shoot at, plus you know when you've hit something....really fun...
we did this at rope drop one day and did it about 10 times in a row.....so you see, we really liked it!!
it's a small world - better than the one at WDW (yes, really, it is better.....we all thought so)..
casey jr's circus train - this is a similar train to the one in disneyland, but this one is really a roller coaster....i'd say it's even wilder than 7 dwarves....we rode this one about 7 times as our 5 year old grandson fell in love with it and we all enjoyed it too...
the storybook boats - it has a name in french: le pays de conte de fees - it's in fantasyland....a kiddie boat ride....we enjoyed it....but we like all boat rides...it's very slow and goes by storybook scenes....not a must, but it's a nice ride...it's right next to casey
Peter Pan's Flight - i actually thought this wasn't as good, but some people think it's better...i thought it was a little choppy...
Alice's Curious Labyrinth - the grandkids loved this

i can't remember if anyone rode star tours or space mountain, so nothing to say on those, though i've heard that space mountain is better at DLP...

in general, i thought fantasyland was very pretty...
i think indiana jones was closed, so we didn't ride it..
and autopia was closed..
and also i think the railroad was closed..

we didn't do any meet and greets as we'd just been on the disney magic, so no need..

we did see mickey and the magician, which the kids really enjoyed...
the lines for everything else were deadly...

all in all, it's not bad...
and if you can get it at a reasonable price, then it's definitely a good deal..
Thanks for all that. Being a Monday and Tuesday end of Nov I hope the lines are short, ticket prices are about 40% less than Sat/Sun so I assume they expect lower crowds. Just need to get my head around Disney/French prices for food, not eaten in Disney US for years unless on Dining plan.

Thanks for all that. Being a Monday and Tuesday end of Nov I hope the lines are short, ticket prices are about 40% less than Sat/Sun so I assume they expect lower crowds. Just need to get my head around Disney/French prices for food, not eaten in Disney US for years unless on Dining plan.

the food is EXPENSIVE!!!!
but there's an earl of sandwich in the downtown disney area of the resort...
the food was exactly what we had at WDW...in other words, to our taste..
and the prices were much cheaper than anything else we were able to buy...
that's not to say it was cheap....it wasn't....
but the prices inside the park were really high..
though as i've mentioned, we did enjoy captain jacks, which is sort of like blue bayou at disneyland in california, but with pirates theming and you meet jack..

we also enjoyed agrabah, which is a buffet, so at least you feel like you might be able to eat your money's worth...
but yes, the food was crazy expensive....much more than at WDW, if you can believe it..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts