Tough Question... UPDATE

disgirl1234

Earning My Ears
UPDATE

I just wanted to thank everyone who gave advice for my friend and give an update for those who were curious. For those who missed the thread I will try to make it short. My friends duaghter was abused by a family member but was too young at the time to remember what happened. Now that she is older she is asking a lot of questions (like, why no one in the family speaks to that certain family member). My friend was struggling with telling her or protecting her. My friend spoke to a counselor who said honesty was definitely the best decision. She took her daughter to the counselor to make sure she would be o.k. She accepted the news very well. She is such a strong and brave girl.

BTW the counselor said it is always best to tell the truth (which I agree with in this situation) even if the child is a product of rape. I don't know if I could tell a child that. It made me curious would you tell your child?

I don't know. I don't think anyone knows what they would do unless they have been in that situation before. That's a tough question.

I would tell...when the time was right. How would you feel if you were the child. Eventually memories might start to resurface...I would think that would cause even more harm mentally.

That is true. The counselor said the truth can't be worse than all the things she is imagining or racking her brain to put the pieces together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter