Touring Plans ADR finder is my best friend today!!

DizneyMommy

Every Day is Disneyland Day!
I just wanted to give those of you who didn’t get an ADR you desperately wanted some hope... use the Touring Plans ADR finder!!

We booked our trip for our party of 7 at around 110ish days out and ‘Ohana was completely booked every night of our trip. I threw my dates into the ADR finder and at about 60 days out a 5:30 dinner popped up! It wasn’t my first choice of day but it worked with my FP’s so I grabbed it and made a plan B for the day just in case. I reset the finder and let it run.

A week later I got an alert for the day I wanted but I was driving when the text came and I could not grab it fast enough and it was gone. I reset the finder again.

Today, 38ish days out I got an alert early this morning that the exact EXACT day and time I originally wanted was available and I was luckily at home with my phone in my hand. I logged in as fast as I could and I got it!

So moral of the story, let that ADR finder work for you, and don’t give up hope!! (And Len if you read these boards THANK YOU!!!)

It helped us too. We got two notifications last week for a couple of ADR's we wanting, and we got them both.

Same here :) I was trying to move our Sci-Fi dinner (on a saturday) to a little later and got the text yesterday! I was so excited :dogdance:

Thanks Len and Touring plans for making such a great tool :thanks:

Help my trip as well!! I got a BoG dinner but it was at 4pm which was not ideal so I searched for something later. A few months later and BAM 7pm bog I never ran to my computer so fast.

Help my trip as well!! I got a BoG dinner but it was at 4pm which was not ideal so I searched for something later. A few months later and BAM 7pm bog I never ran to my computer so fast.

That was me yesterday, i got the text and was super excited and hurried up to book the new time.

So I went to use this tool this morning and started entering searches before I noticed that you could have a max of 2 searches at a time. How do I know which ones are my active searches?

So I went to use this tool this morning and started entering searches before I noticed that you could have a max of 2 searches at a time. How do I know which ones are my active searches?

I think that to the left of the restaurant name you'll see where it will tell you the time of the last search and to the right you'll see where it denotes active search.

I think that to the left of the restaurant name you'll see where it will tell you the time of the last search and to the right you'll see where it denotes active search.
Thank you! I just realized I was doing it wrong...I just kept changing the one search instead of hitting "Add a new search". Now I see them both :)

What I did was enter the whole span of my trip for dinner at ‘Ohana. Then when I got something, even though not ideal, I booked it and reset the finder to a narrower span of dates. Then I got another one and this time reset it to exactly the date I wanted. And then that one came through so I’ll cancel the other one. It seemed to work, at least I knew I had something while I waited for it to work it’s magic to find what I really wanted!

I can't say enough good things about this ADR finder. I have used it over multiple trips and have had great success booking everything we want. It has found our perfect Ohana time, even the day before our reservation, a California Grill reservation that was never available, and many others. We just decided last week to book one night for DAH this July and thought Ohana would be a great option before the event. Of course everything was booked, but in less than a week a reservation for 6 was available for 5 PM and I was able to book it.

We have never had to book after the 180 day window, but this trip we didnt know we would already be in FL until 142. Thought my girls hopes for CRT and BOG were pipe dreams, but i didnt say anything and just set the ADR finder. Knew it existed but never had to use it, but now i cant say enough good things. It has gotten us both reservations, but not our idea days. Just kept resetting the tool and waiting for those magical windows everybody says (60 days, 30 days, a week and 24 hours out) and every time a new benchmark comes, we get closer and closer to our hoped for days and times. We now have every single ADR we want for our 9 day trip, and are now just hoping to tweak a time for one by 20 minutes. I would say thats a pretty amazing achievement for TP!

What I did was enter the whole span of my trip for dinner at ‘Ohana. Then when I got something, even though not ideal, I booked it and reset the finder to a narrower span of dates. Then I got another one and this time reset it to exactly the date I wanted. And then that one came through so I’ll cancel the other one. It seemed to work, at least I knew I had something while I waited for it to work it’s magic to find what I really wanted!
Thanks for this advice! Makes sense! 'Ohana dinner is one of the ones we're trying to get as well :)

Man I wish I was having this much luck with it. Past few trips I've tried it and even when I hop on right away the reservation time it sends me is already gone. I've been checking for weeks like 100 times a day for BoG but as it's only a few days away I'm losing hope. Glad it seems to be working well for some people.

Man I wish I was having this much luck with it. Past few trips I've tried it and even when I hop on right away the reservation time it sends me is already gone. I've been checking for weeks like 100 times a day for BoG but as it's only a few days away I'm losing hope. Glad it seems to be working well for some people.

I don’t mean for this to sound condescending, because I legitimately didn’t know before, but you know you have to reset the finder each time it finds you a possible reservation, right? I didn’t know and missed several weeks because I didn’t reset, so I just wanted to double check so you don’t miss a res. I know how hard BOG is, and I wouldn’t want you to miss out!

I don’t mean for this to sound condescending, because I legitimately didn’t know before, but you know you have to reset the finder each time it finds you a possible reservation, right? I didn’t know and missed several weeks because I didn’t reset, so I just wanted to double check so you don’t miss a res. I know how hard BOG is, and I wouldn’t want you to miss out!

Yup, you do have to restart it every time! BOG might be a little harder if you are trying to get PPO because I feel like people are less likely to give those up, and I know people specifically book PPO just to get in and then no-show so they can get ahead on rides (rude :sad2:)

That being said, BOG was the one I had no problem getting at 100 days surprisingly! I didn’t even have to use the finder!

Yes, but thanks! I did figure that out. I get the notices once in a blue moon, but log in right away and find nothing there. It's not the end of the world as at least I have dined there, several times. But with the new change in their menu, and my oldest becoming a Disney adult this year, it's not likely we'll be returning again for dinner. Just hoping for one last meal. 4 more days so maybe some pixie dust will come my way. pixiedust:

Ah OMG I got some pixie dust after all!! Not from the TP ADR finder, but just my random checking every 10 minutes, lol. I got a 5:45 dinner for this Monday, our last park day. Woohoo!

I didn’t have much luck with it in September and didn’t even want to try using it again.

But some weeks ago—long past our 180—we decided we wanted to try the California Grill brunch. With it being offered only one day of the week and 10 of us, it seemed impossible.

But Touring Plans came through! Thank you, TP. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter