Touring plans suggests Diagon Alley at noonish?

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
I am very surprised at this. I pretty well always follow TP but this sounds a bit counterproductive. I would have figured to hit Diagon Alley right at roe drop. We are heading to Universal/IOA on Monday, Nov 27 and I don’t know where to start. The last time we visited was Oct 2013, no Diagon Alley. We are staying at WDW so no EP but we have 2 day - 2 park passes. Any suggestions on a plan to tackle this park? We live a long way away and won’t be back for many years so I would like to see as much as possible. TIA

diagon alley probably isn't quite as popular as you'd be expecting. hogsmeade is the more "iconic" of the two, and with the new projection show they just added, it's packed--nearly to opening day levels. but diagon alley... from personal experience, and since you're going between thanksgiving break and christmas break, you shouldn't have a problem getting in and taking in everything it has to offer. basically, any time you like is an okay time to get in

however, gringotts' line gets jammed easily, so if you're planning to ride it without EP, then rope drop (for the standard queue) or the single rider line would be your best bet. the queue itself is a marvel, and you'll miss out on most of it with the single rider line, so i'd only use it on a repeat visit

additionally, if you're planning on riding the hogwarts express to parkhop, also be prepared to wait for a bit--but luckily, there's only one line, so it moves pretty quickly. there's a different ride film for both sides, too! i hope you enjoy your trip!

It depends on what you want to do. I assume you added Gringots to your plan separately? You do probably want to do that first thing.

If you want to buy an interactive wand and do spells there or hang out in the shops much I do recommend getting there early in the day. It gets crowded. It’s fine to walk around in but going early in the morning is a better experience. It also tends to clear out at night - especially with the projections at the castle in Hogsmead.

We find Diagon Alley more iconic but didn’t spend as much time there as Hogsmead only because my DS5 was terrified of the dragon. Don’t be put off by the crowd if you come into Diagon Alley from Grimwauld Place - it’s just a bottleneck because everyone stands around waiting for the dragon so it tends to be the most crowded place. Hogsmead is a little easier because it has a big, wide walkway, but it is very busy at night because of the projection show.

Someone else recently asked this. I think it’s a terrible idea. Harry Potter sections are best enjoyed at the start of the day and the end, like 8-12 and 5-close. Those 5 midday hours are better spent elsewhere. It’s not just about lines, it’s about the crowds. The areas just fill up midday. Disregard that plan. Look at Orlando Informer. You don’t need a rigid plan at Universal.

Oh good! I will head straight to Diagon Alley It is all new for me and I loved the Harry Potter books and movies. We love the theming and want to spend a fair amount of time at the two HP attractions at both parks. I will check out the Orlando Informer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter