Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Someone tell me to stop self loathing over my alarm mishap. I am SO upset that we missed this. Pray they have something fun going on next June so I can make it up to the fam!

Stuff happens or doesn't happen for a reason.
It's not worth beating yourself up over.
My gran always said you've not had it-don't sweat it -not meant to be.

We are going on Thursday (our very first & probably only AP event)
Very,very excited-just finishing our packing!!!!

Slight side issue-I'm in a wheelchair and really dislike when the hoard are coming towards us....
What time do you suggest we need to exit TSL?

Slight side issue-I'm in a wheelchair and really dislike when the hoard are coming towards us....
I am wondering the same around timing. My DD is crowd-phobic. We need to exit HS and get over to MK as soon as possible after park opening to meet the rest of our party (non-passholders). Ideally I’d like to exit the park before the crowds start coming in, but I’m not sure we can make that happen as we’d like to spend as much time in TSL as possible. We’re going on Tuesday.

We were in line for Woodie and Jessie this AM and witnessed the “hoard.” Lol!

Time stamp is 8:39am.

796FE87E-7D91-4042-9BDF-57F9B4729933.jpeg

99% of them were heading to SDD. Took us another 5ish-10ish mins to meet Woodie/Jessie (they went on break when we were next in line) and still walked on TSM well after this (8:55am photo time stamp of us sitting in the cart).

I had not kept up with the details of when they have been letting people in and didn’t realize it was this early. I was glad we showed up well early for our 8-9am time slot.

We were in line for Woodie and Jessie this AM and witnessed the “hoard.” Lol!

Time stamp is 8:39am.

View attachment 352820

99% of them were heading to SDD. Took us another 5ish mins to meet Woodie/Jessie (they went on break when we were next in line) and still walked on TSM well after this.

I had not kept up with the details of when they have been letting people in and didn’t realize it was this early. I was glad we showed up well early for our 8-9am time slot.

Very disappointing, especially for those 8 am AP that didn't know their hour .... wasn't ...and was only 40 minutes.

Very disappointing, especially for those 8 am AP that didn't know their hour .... wasn't ...and was only 40 minutes.

Yeah, I was kinda surprised - although we were winding down our time and were ready to move on so it didn’t personally bother us (we entered the park 7:25ish). I don’t know what the pattern has been so caveat in case this AM was not the norm.

Yeah, I was kinda surprised - although we were winding down our time and were ready to move on so it didn’t personally bother us (we entered the park 7:25ish). I don’t know what the pattern has been so caveat in case this AM was not the norm.

I'd still rather be out of the way too early-rather than too late.
Thanks very much.

Yours isn't the only report of rope drop folks being allowed in the land at 8:45 am.

They set up two time slots 7-8 and 8-9. Then the reports are the 7 am didn't have to leave and 8 am get their time cut short.

If you went hoping for something more organized and restricted like Pandora you would be very disappointed. We planned a trip around Pandora, if I had planned a trip around this ... that would have been a bummer. I certainly will look at how they lay out the times on future events now I see how they handle them when there is no buffer time in between groups.

BTW, TSM - with the long queue and exit - is kind of a time eater. I clocked 13 mins, 30 seconds total time from entry to exit. Granted I was walking with a 4 year old so adults would likely shave some time off that, but not all that much. Best to keep that in mind for things like this event and EMM.

BTW, TSM - with the long queue and exit - is kind of a time eater. I clocked 13 mins, 30 seconds total time from entry to exit. Granted I was walking with a 4 year old so adults would likely shave some time off that, but not all that much. Best to keep that in mind for things like this event and EMM.
I agree the exit for TSM is insanely long. Drove my dh nuts.
When we were there, rope droppers showed up just about 8:45. They are not enforcing the time windows though, so even though you have the 8 window, you can go early. We had the 8 and were back in the land by 7:30.

Yours isn't the only report of rope drop folks being allowed in the land at 8:45 am.

They set up two time slots 7-8 and 8-9. Then the reports are the 7 am didn't have to leave and 8 am get their time cut short.

If you went hoping for something more organized and restricted like Pandora you would be very disappointed. We planned a trip around Pandora, if I had planned a trip around this ... that would have been a bummer. I certainly will look at how they lay out the times on future events now I see how they handle them when there is no buffer time in between groups.

But Pandora wasn't even open yet.

We rode SDD 8 x Aliens 2 x and TSMM once. We met Buzz and got breakfast. We had an 8am slot and got back there at 7:30 and it was a ghost town.

While I don't think it's fair the masses came in before 9am I would think most APs had moved on from SDD.

Yeah, I was glad that I knew I could arrive early (thanks to DISBoards). We ended up having way more time than we really knew what to do with.

I will say, this AM was materially less people than the Pandora AP preview we attended. Much more intimate and “special” feeling because it was so few people. With the exception of the rope drop folks eating into published time, I found this more organized, stress-free, and fun. The entering an empty park when the sun isn’t even up yet vs Pandora/afternoon/already crowded park were obviously different situations so not totally apples to apples.

I guess not really fair comparisons overall as this was three rides and characters vs Pandora which was just two rides and a cool land, but my overall satisfaction level was higher with this event vs Pandora.

Caveat all of the above in that I was traveling with a 4 year old who is totally into the land, hence one of the reasons I felt this AM was a success. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!