Toy Story Land not opening until June 30th

According to Disney Parks Blog, Toy Story Land will be opening on June 30th. Stink, we will be missing it by a few weeks. We will be there the first week of June.

We are there over Memorial Day weekend. Not sure if I'm happy or mad about Toy Story Land not opening that weekend. :)

Does that mean Toy story is going to closed until that time? We are going second week in May and was hoping the ride would be open.

Does that mean Toy story is going to closed until that time? We are going second week in May and was hoping the ride would be open.

The ride is open but there's no FP for April to the beginning of May.

Well May has been their standard for lots of newer things ... so my guess is they are behind.

Getting a date out there now also helps boost some summer bookings since they have been lower than normal for a couple years.

We will be there week after Memorial Day. I didn't think about the fact that maybe now it won't be as busy.

I think you'll have your standards there but might lose some with flexible plans. We are booked for May, about the same time we went for Pandora Preview ... not that they won't still have those but thinking May is too early now. I might keep it BUT I might shift it to Memorial Day week since that is one less vacation day to take.

So glad it's finally opening. We are there from 14-21...go figure. I sure hope we can see something or participate in something....thoughts??

Yup, we're going to be there June 3-9, hoping that it was going to open on Memorial Day weekend. Maybe there will be previews?

According to Disney Parks Blog, Toy Story Land will be opening on June 30th. Stink, we will be missing it by a few weeks. We will be there the first week of June.

Same here. Disappointed, to say the least. Maybe there will be previews?

I'll be there June 29 - July 6. June 30 is my 50th birthday, but I hate when it's too crowded, so I'll likely avoid it until our next trip after Star Wars land opens and the crowd diverts. At least the other parks may be less crowded.

So glad it's finally opening. We are there from 14-21...go figure. I sure hope we can see something or participate in something....thoughts??

It's a small land ... I think we'll see the same as Pandora .......... CM/DVC/AP/Media Previews ........... no soft openings. They really don't need soft openings anymore, all they really do is cause people to clog up and hang around entrances. Giving DVC & AP this as a perk serves as their soft opening and makes those folks happy.

Last edited:
So what is this "preview" I hear people talking about? We're AP holders...I don't remember what the "level" is, but it was the highest one you can buy...no blackout dates, park hopper, water park, etc... We're there June 12th to the 30th.

So what is this "preview" I hear people talking about? We're AP holders...I don't remember what the "level" is, but it was the highest one you can buy...no blackout dates, park hopper, water park, etc... We're there June 12th to the 30th.

There were AP Previews for Pandora that we went to ... I think there have been others we missed due to distance/dates. They put out there that there would be limited AP Previews, we had to log on immediately, pick a date and pick a time. Once the slot was full it was closed. I think each day had 1 DVC in morning and then 3 AP after that. We picked the last so we could see it light and dark. I want to say they lasted about ten days.

We entered with maybe a 1000 other folks, could ride the rides as much as we wanted, Canteen, bar and store were open. We rode FOP multiple times, Navi once and had dinner. It lasted about 2-3 hours. Had one hour between each so they could clear the land.

There were AP Previews for Pandora that we went to ... I think there have been others we missed due to distance/dates. They put out there that there would be limited AP Previews, we had to log on immediately, pick a date and pick a time. I think each day had 1 DVC in morning and then 3 AP after that. We picked the last so we could see it light and dark.

We entered with maybe a 1000 other folks, could ride the rides as much as we wanted, Canteen, bar and store were open. We rode FOP multiple times, Navi once and had dinner. It lasted about 2-3 hours. Had one hour between each so they could clear the land.

That sounds awesome! Here's hoping that something like that is offered in early June...I was toying around with the thought of moving our flights and our BB offer to July, but that's probably just too much work with too many moving parts to make it worth it...

That sounds awesome! Here's hoping that something like that is offered in early June...I was toying around with the thought of moving our flights and our BB offer to July, but that's probably just too much work with too many moving parts to make it worth it...

Note: EVERYONE who entered had to have an AP and be registered for the event, in that slot. They scanned our MB, so you couldn't even give away to someone. We had friend (CM) with us, and they had to stay out and go do other things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter