Toy Story Land not opening until June 30th

The strong rumor was May 28th, by memorial day. I didn't say anything about early May or previews 2 months early. But I don't see why they can't do previews mid-late may/early June

My original post that you quoted said I was wondering why first week of May went down and speculating why that was. I assume since you quoted my post and disagreed you were also talking first week of May. I agree that end of May and early June would have gone down because the land won’t be open but that doesn’t apply to my post.

All this is moot though because I just saw where they said they are redefining the crowd level numbers so the change was really for that.

Note: EVERYONE who entered had to have an AP and be registered for the event, in that slot. They scanned our MB, so you couldn't even give away to someone. We had friend (CM) with us, and they had to stay out and go do other things.
What if you have an under 3. Would they be allowed in with two AP holders? My daughter and I are going in June anyway with my granddaughter who is 2. Would she be able to enter with us if we got so lucky as to have a preview.

What if you have an under 3. Would they be allowed in with two AP holders? My daughter and I are going in June anyway with my granddaughter who is 2. Would she be able to enter with us if we got so lucky as to have a preview.

I would think so, they enter the park via your AP.

I just cancelled my Memorial Weekend trip since I booked it to be at the opening of Toy Story Land. And I just booked a room at a value resort for this opening day - arrive on June 29th.

Then I realized that if I stayed a few extra days, I could see the 4th of July fireworks which I've never done in MK. Then realized that they normally do those on July 3rd too.
So now I'm going for June 29 and checking out on July 4th. I thought about trying to stay until July 5th but my husband said no way - he's not even sure he can go with me yet. LOL

My daughter said she isn't going. She doesn't like the crowds and the heat. That's fine though since she can stay home and watch the cats. She will be having her last summer at home before heading off to college in the fall.

I'm really looking forward to being able to say I was at the opening of 3 lands after June 30th!

We are there the week before the opening. I was hoping we would be able to walk around and look at the theming- we are not coaster riders so neither ride appeals to us. We love Toy Story mania so I hope that's up and running all tracks by then.

I'll be there June 29 - July 6. June 30 is my 50th birthday, but I hate when it's too crowded, so I'll likely avoid it until our next trip after Star Wars land opens and the crowd diverts. At least the other parks may be less crowded.
I’m there the same time frame and not really happy about this opening date! We’re going then due to a dance event. I was already bracing for July 4th crowds, but this will make it even crazier! Would much rather experience the new land when things settle down. Ah well! As you suggested, it should ease crowds at the other parks.

So does this mean if any AP previews fall during a blackout period (Silver) than we can’t attend a preview?

The only answer we have at this time is "We don't know"

The only historical record in my memory of a black out being lifted for AP Preview was when Monster's Laugh Floor had AP previews during the Spring Break black out. We were allowed one entry to Magic Kingdom only during the preview to experience the Laugh Floor. Let's face it the Laugh Floor in no way compares to Toy Story Land.

Now, they did lift the summer black out early this past August for the closing of TGMR and Ellen, but again, that is really not a fair comparison.

July is going to be cray. I'm hoping that they start the previews for Memrial Day weekend.

I am THRILLED that it won’t yet be opened when we get there. Our trip is sandwiched between the Galactic weekend over Memorial Day and the opening of Toy Story Land at the end of the month. I am so GLAD that we will avoid those crowds and that chaos. I can only hope that some who really want to be a part of either of those special events will advance or delay their trips out of my trip dates. YAY!!

(Of course, I do love the new things and will look forward to seeing TSL in a future trip...I really am NOT a Scrooge. Just like to avoid the madness)

I'm with you. I've worked at both a movie theater and a Walmart, and I've seen so many huge movie openings and crazy Walmart Xmas seasons, I am so over maddening crowds! I am a little relieved that TSL won't be open yet while we're there. HS will probably be a half-day park (if that!) and we can use the late afternoon/evening to explore Disney Springs, maybe have a good dinner there. We didn't get to see much of it when we were there in 2015 (it was still Downtown Disney back then) because there just wasn't time. But I'm all for anything to slow the pace a little!

HS will probably be a half-day park (if that!) and we can use the late afternoon/evening to explore Disney Springs, maybe have a good dinner there.

We plan to park-hop over to EPCOT since we only have one day there. Those who want the late night somewhere can have it. The rest can....rest. And no one will have to deal with the maddening crowds. Whew!

We are headed to DW the week before TSL opens. Do you think the crowds will be lower our week as people move their dates or schedule trips to see TSL?? My Touring plans crowd level #’s keep going down???

We are headed to DW the week before TSL opens. Do you think the crowds will be lower our week as people move their dates or schedule trips to see TSL?? My Touring plans crowd level #’s keep going down???

I really don't think anything will be affected until the park opens. I think majority of people with trips are already locked in and won't/can't change. I think the only thing that will be affected is the people that will be there for the opening and afterwards.

I wouldn't put much behind their crowd numbers

You will have fewer people in DHS than you would have had if TSL opened Memorial Day. But I would think that would mostly have been from locals or people adding in last minute trips who now won’t so I’m not sure there will be a big effect on the other parks. I’ve only seen one person here say they are moving their trip. You can probably expect regular June crowds, ish.

The TP changes were because they are changing the scale, not necessarily that the crowd level is changing.

I’m there the same time frame and not really happy about this opening date! We’re going then due to a dance event. I was already bracing for July 4th crowds, but this will make it even crazier! Would much rather experience the new land when things settle down. Ah well! As you suggested, it should ease crowds at the other parks.

My guess is that DHS will be busiest on Mondays, so I would visit later in the week. The majority of guests arrive on Saturday or Sunday, and DHS will have the newest land, so many will opt to visit that park first.

Maybe AK will have smaller crowds June 30. I am leaving July 1. But I have no desire to change my plans and join the crowds at Disney Studios do Toy Story opening. So AK it stays.

We're going Memorial Day - June 1. I was hoping it would be open. Guess we'll have to wait till we go back in November.
Yes same here. We arrive June 1st. Really disappointed. Memorial Day is basically start of summer season. Just like Pandora, I thought it would definitely be late May. Oh we'll... it'll give us something to look forward to next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter