Tracking Cruising Restart: News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is a "severe side effect from placebo"? Doesn't placebo mean they don't get the drug?
Yes it does. Two placebo, and one low dose had side effects, none in the full strength
That would be helpful on a ship if it works, and I hope they do. I have to wonder if resupply and Per capita needs can be met on a heavily infected ship or a moderately affected ship, say three weeks in a row? Could make it easier for lots of people that are at risk to still be able to sail.
If you think about it a lot of people say “I don’t know if I can handle going on a ship because I might get seasick.” Someone will always say “don’t worry they have something for you there on the ship if you have a problem. “

Progress being made! White House looks to be overruling CDC. CDC wants ban to go until February, White House says until Halloween which is in line with the CLIA ban.

Good. May force the CDC to actually sit down with the cruise industry and work out a safe business model instead of no feedback, stonewalling and endless ban renewals. Cruise lines are a legally licensed/operating business and should be treated as such instead of being relegated to the bankruptcy heap. Too bad it had to go above the CDC's head in order to get them to work with a legally licensed industry.

So, we have a mini virus outbreak on the Costa Diadema ship sailing in Europe. Remarkable that it took this long to get the virus on board while it's raging in France and other European countries:

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/...er-with-covid-19-disembarked-in-naples-italy/

Thanks for sharing.

The article is puzzling. Its asked a couple of times how the initial COVID test could be negative and then days later the same person have a positive test? That is the very nature of this virus. That the author doesnt understand something so basic makes me call the whole article (and, honestly any site that posts it) into question as a valid source.

Thanks for sharing.

The article is puzzling. Its asked a couple of times how the initial COVID test could be negative and then days later the same person have a positive test? That is the very nature of this virus. That the author doesnt understand something so basic makes me call the whole article (and, honestly any site that posts it) into question as a valid source.
I was thinking the same thing. Thought perhaps it was not originally an English text, and maybe some thing was lost in translation. I wasn’t sure if they were missing information or information was missing LOL.

Thanks for sharing.

Correct, that's the nature of this virus - or any virus that takes time to incubate. We can take precautions and do testing but no test currently is sensitive enough to be 100% accurate all the time.

The way I read the article is that there is a question mark over how they found out about those 7 or 8 infected cases. My understanding is that they test all guests upon entry in the bubble but not on an ongoing basis. It's likely that these guests started showing symptoms and then were re-tested on board. Insight into this episode would be helpful in understanding how cruise lines would handle an outbreak on board.

At the moment, it looks like the only solution is to cut the cruise short and return to the port as soon as possible. They will probably test all crew members - maybe a few times - and sanitize everything before the next sailing. If there isn't enough time, they might have the cancel that next sailing. It basically means that, as a cruise line, you'd better not sail too far away from a port nearby that has agreed to handle an exodus - and a possible quarantine - of guests upon an outbreak on board.

Hopefully what I'm hearing is bovine excrement but I've been told March is the new date for resuming sailing.

Hopefully what I'm hearing is bovine excrement but I've been told March is the new date for resuming sailing.
Yes I’ve heard that from friends onboard too but I personally haven’t been told anything

I haven’t HEARD that but I think it seems likely. I can’t imagine they’d resume cruising in the middle of cold and flu season. It makes more sense to wait until spring.

Well NCL has an earnings call tmw so maybe they’ll have so insight on rather they can resume

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter