Trails End breakfast, brunch, any good? What about Garden Grove?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Got a brunch reservation at Trails End in December and I am wondering if it will be worth the $24.50 that I am thinking it will cost per person. I will get a 10% DVC discount, so that is looking at around $22. So is it that good? What about Garden Grove buffet for breakfast? Any good? A 20% DVC discount goes with it.

Can't give any input on the brunch but we were there in August for the dinner buffet and thought it was very good for the price. We used the TIW discount which made it even better, 20% off, including alcohol!

We went to GG for breakfast a few years ago and hated it. This was not the character breakfast just the weekday so not sure if there is a difference. The buffet was small and the food not very good. We love breakfast at Trail’s End.

We loved Trail's End brunch. The food was delicious, hot, fresh and plenty of options. DS especially loved that he could have smoked salmon and shrimp cocktail right alongside his mickey waffles because 11yo boys are weird haha

Got a brunch reservation at Trails End in December and I am wondering if it will be worth the $24.50 that I am thinking it will cost per person. I will get a 10% DVC discount, so that is looking at around $22. So is it that good? What about Garden Grove buffet for breakfast? Any good? A 20% DVC discount goes with it.

We had brunch at Trail's End and really enjoyed it! Very good selection- good quality food! It's one of the best values for a buffet at Disney:thumbsup2

I love the Trails End brunch when it is available over the breakfast buffet and the dinner buffet.

The brunch has the breakfast food and a smattering of the lunch food (including the fried chicken I love) and the smoked salmon and the fresh cut bacon right in front of you (along with the smoked turkey).

Plus Mickey waffles, a couple types of eggs and fritattas, breakfast pizza, bread pudding, hash brown style potatoes, sausage, biscuits, and the drink is included in the price (I get a chocolate milk and a diet Coke-free refills). But the tip is not (be generous to tip your server).

It's the best "value" for a meal on property. If you can get a discount (I got a 40% Cast Member discount thanks to DD) then so much the better.

Bama Ed

PS - they generally offer the brunch on weekends during normal times and during holidays they offer it too during weekdays (like the couple days after New Years this year when I ate it).

Does anyone know if Trails End brunch offers mimosas or other alcoholic drinks? I know that the meal includes a non-alcoholic beverage and that the bar at Crockett's Tavern is right there, but I wasn't sure if that's open at brunch time or if these kind of beverages are offered for an additional charge; does anyone know?

Does anyone know if Trails End brunch offers mimosas or other alcoholic drinks? I know that the meal includes a non-alcoholic beverage and that the bar at Crockett's Tavern is right there, but I wasn't sure if that's open at brunch time or if these kind of beverages are offered for an additional charge; does anyone know?
I'm glad you asked this because we have the brunch reserved for this Sunday. I also wanted to know the same thing.

My quick opinion of the Garden Grove Bfast buffet is that the good stuff is REALLY, REALLY good. But the bad stuff is comically bad.
If they lowered the price, and only kept the good stuff, I think it would be a deal at say, 18.00, considering the hotel + Disney upcharge.
When we went, there was a real egg/omelet station.
Hot cereal / oatmeal/grits and cold yogurt with PLENTY of VERY GOOD toppings
Cold cereal (yeah, yawn)
Tons of Pastries - but the croissants and cinnamon rolls were the only decent ones. Those cinnamon rolls might be the best on property, by the way.
Tomato / grilled cheese sandwich portions- decent enough
sausage/bacon/scrambled eggs/ breakfast potatoes (all really bad - salty, cheap, garbage)
Smoothies in single serv portion glasses - different flavors and just plain AWESOME.
Pancakes - total garbage, hate to say it. Hard as rocks - comically bad.
There were several other hot things offered, but I can't recall, nothing too notable comes to mind.

I hear the Fresh Med buffet at Dolphin is better. If you are considering Garden Grove, you might as well consider Fresh Med as well. It's right there, too. Fresh Med closes earlier, probably.

We enjoyed the Trails End Brunch last month. There were many delicious choices and we were not hungry again till dinner. It was a nice boat ride from MK and a quick break after our morning FP. We also used TIW, so the value under WDW standards was good.

We had brunch there last weekend and there where no mimosa options - but they did have jungle juice! :D

My SIL had a Bloody Mary a few weeks ago when we were there for breakfast.

Just mnsho, but they have never invented a breakfast brunch worth $24.95....ehhs and sausages, soggy waffles, cold hash browns, a crepe and sauces and coffee and MAYBE one Mimosa for twenty five bucks?! You go for the location (maybe) never the food............

Just mnsho, but they have never invented a breakfast brunch worth $24.95....ehhs and sausages, soggy waffles, cold hash browns, a crepe and sauces and coffee and MAYBE one Mimosa for twenty five bucks?! You go for the location (maybe) never the food............
None of the food was cold, soggy or subpar when I ate there. Everything was hot, fresh, and delicious o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!