Training Question

NewRunner

Mouseketeer
Good evening!

I have a training question that I'm hoping someone can answer. I am training for Princess and have a 6.5 mile run on the schedule for this weekend. I am away all weekend and will not be able to complete run so I'm planning on doing it this week. But, I also have a bad cold right now and am dreading running for almost 1.5 hours. I think I read somewhere once that if you break up your training run, it's fine as long as you get it all done in one day. Is this true? Can I do 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles in the evening? Will I get the same benefits? Or should I just bite the bullet and do it all at once? Thanks so much for any info you can give me!!!!

Good evening!

I have a training question that I'm hoping someone can answer. I am training for Princess and have a 6.5 mile run on the schedule for this weekend. I am away all weekend and will not be able to complete run so I'm planning on doing it this week. But, I also have a bad cold right now and am dreading running for almost 1.5 hours. I think I read somewhere once that if you break up your training run, it's fine as long as you get it all done in one day. Is this true? Can I do 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles in the evening? Will I get the same benefits? Or should I just bite the bullet and do it all at once? Thanks so much for any info you can give me!!!!

I have heard that too-but I'm not an expert so I'm not sure how true it is.

Is there anyway you can do your training run this weekend, even thoug you will be out of town? I've brought my running clothes on vacation with me many times.

Yes, normally I would be able to. It's not so much the being away that's getting me, it's that I have plans pretty much all day both days between appts and Xmas party. I'd rather get it done before hand and then I don't have to worry about it. I could possibly do it on weekend, but it would be the same thing, split between two different times on one day. So, I'm hoping someone can tell me if that would be ok. :) Thanks so much for the response!!!!

Good evening! I have a training question that I'm hoping someone can answer. I am training for Princess and have a 6.5 mile run on the schedule for this weekend. I am away all weekend and will not be able to complete run so I'm planning on doing it this week. But, I also have a bad cold right now and am dreading running for almost 1.5 hours. I think I read somewhere once that if you break up your training run, it's fine as long as you get it all done in one day. Is this true? Can I do 3 miles in the morning and 3 miles in the evening? Will I get the same benefits? Or should I just bite the bullet and do it all at once? Thanks so much for any info you can give me!!!!
You won't get exactly the same benefits, but it's still worth doing. You'll be better splitting it than doing nothing at all. Well, that depends on your cold. Head cold, go run. Illness below the neck, it's usually better to rest and recover.

I agree with FFigawi - better to split it than to skip it.

I've read that it's okay to do this with long runs as long as you don't do it for EVERY long run. You want to be able to practice your fueling/water intake, see how your body responds to running that much at one time, etc. And mentally it's a big help too - it's very different to run two 5-milers vs. one 10-miler, for example. :) Hope you feel better soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter