Transfer Rule Question?

Doberge

DIS Veteran
I was a long DVC lurker before buying resale and finally buying direct this Fall. I feel like I've seen enough to believe that "one transfer in OR out per user year is a "thing."

I scheduled a welcome home call and was told that transfers between two different membership IDs of the same member are NOT limited by the one in/out per year rule.

I was caught off guard and repeated to make sure I understood what she was saying in my situation with two member IDs from two different resorts and different use years but both with my name on both contacts.

CM clarified that a point transferred from one member number to another cannot be traded back, but that future transactions in the same use years would be allowed under the mentioned circumstances.

Is this accurate?

Yes, I have done transfers very few times but i was allowed to transfer between both of mine twice last winter. I was then able to even transfer to another members as my one and done.

I wasn’t sure and don’t do it often but it was nice to be allowed.

Now that we can use them online I can see doing it more often

It doesn’t change home resort or UY of the points and you still can’t transfer any points banked or borrowed, even between your two memberships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!