Transportation advice for 7 AM Magic Kingdom opening!

Ari37

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
We are taking a short trip to Disney over spring break in March and are staying at Fort Wilderness. This trip will be many firsts for us- we have never gone to the parks at such a busy time or experienced a 7 AM opening, we have never stayed at the Fort, and we have never had a car before (in the past we have stayed at Pop and used onsite transportation). We would really like to take advantage of the lower crowds during the 7 AM Magic Kingdom extra magic hours on one day of our trip, but are unsure of the best approach to doing this. We realize that this is too early for the Contemporary boat loop (I believe that it starts at 6:45?) and I'm concerned that the Fort Wilderness to MK boat won't be leaving early enough (30 minutes early doesn't seem like enough time!). Since we will have a car, I was wondering if the best option would be to drive to the Ticket and Transportation center and either boat or monorail over to MK even earlier in the morning? What would this process look like and how much time should we leave for a 7 AM opening (we would have to tram, then either monorail or ferry over, right)? I was also toying with the idea of either walking to the Polynesian from the TTC to boat/monorail or busing in the morning from Wilderness Lodge (if we walk over there in the morning), but at this point would love advice on what the quickest/ easiest/ earliest route would be to the MK!
Thanks so much in advance for any insight you can offer!!!
P.S. Any advice on the best way to get back to Fort Wilderness on a high crowd day would also be greatly appreciated, since we will likely be leaving soon after Happily Ever After along with everyone else!

Anyone? Still unsure how to navigate the very early transportation from Fort Wilderness to MK :confused3

I've never stayed at fort wilderness, so I'm honestly not sure, but I think that if the boats aren't yet running they'll have a bus. That would definitely be preferable to driving.

Maybe @joelkfla knows.

I'm not all that conversant when it comes to the FtW area...but, if there are EMHs that morning, there should be transportation that will get you there. Whether it's a bus or a boat, I can't say. I would think the boats would be running prior to EMHs but can't say for sure.
If someone here doesn't have a definitive answer, I would ask at FtW...ask a bus driver and a boat pilot. They are the ones who can give you the info you need. You can just ask them the day before the EMHs.
Or, just drive over to the TTC and hop on the express monorail.

I don't know, either. IIRC the official site says the boats start 30 minutes before park opening; I would expect that to include EMH, but I can't say for sure. We used to have a WDW watercraft cm checking in here from time to time, but I haven't seen him recently.

Also, if they are running buses instead of boats, I don't know whether they would be running from the Settlement (Pioneer Hall) or the Outpost. IIRC, when the boats were down due to weather, they usually extended the MK-WL bus to the Settlement. The Settlement is more logical, as it would better serve Guests who had gone to the dock expecting the boats to be running, but Disney transportation is not always logical.

As g4t said, there should be something running, and Transportation cast are your best bet to find out what. If you drive to TTC, the Resort Monorail should be running to MK. I think the Express Monorail does not start early for EMH, as Disney doesn't expect many on-site Guests to be driving in for EMH.

Ask at the front desk to call Transportation and confirm the boat start time. It should be 6:30 on a 7:00 EMH day. With regular park opening time of 8:00 there should be transportation available beginning 2 hours before open time for breakfast reservations. I suspect that's a bus to start... but have someone call transportation and get it exactly. FW is an unusual case since boat and bus are separated... you don't want to be caught at the wrong end.

You can also Lyft/Uber to the CR and walk to MK in less than 5 minutes
Then take WDW transportation back to FW.

No need to find your car in the parking lot and be in the hot sun all day. ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!