Transportation between resorts

dgagnon519

DVC member AKL since 2009 and SSR since 2020
We are staying at 3 different resort while at Universal. What is the best way to get to each. We will have luggage. Are we better off just using Lyft or Uber or can you walk from resort to resort or any other ways?

You could certainly walk. I believe that there is a shuttle that runs between the resorts. And there is always the boats from Citywalk.

You can't get to Cabana Bay by boat. I don't know about the other 2 new resorts.

Keep in mind that any luggage you carry through citywalk is going to need to be inspected by security.

Don't walk or boat with luggage! Depending on which resorts you are transferring between, there are free towncars in front that will take you and your luggage between resorts.I walked out of Hard Rock with my suitcase, told the valet/luggage guy out front that I needed to get to Cabana Bay, and he called up one of the waiting cars. I wasn't expecting it to be free, based on what I had read here about getting to CB, but was not charged (I did tip the driver). Now if you are moving somewhere from CB, I'm not positive they have the towncars waiting around.

The deluxe hotels (and maybe others I just don’t know) have courtesy cars that will take you from one hotel to another. We just ask at the concierge desk. I usually tip the driver, but other than that there’s never been a charge.

I don't believe you're permitted to bring luggage on the boats anyhow. As mentioned, the courtesy cars are available. If you're going from PBH to HRH, its a quick walk, but I'd still use the car if available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!