Transportation DLH to Knotts

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
Does anyone know how much it would cost to take a taxi from DLH to Knotts? Is there any other type of transporation that would be cheaper? (Other than the bus, I checked and since it would take over an hour to get there I decided it would not be worth it.)

karylrocks said:
Does anyone know how much it would cost to take a taxi from DLH to Knotts? Is there any other type of transporation that would be cheaper? (Other than the bus, I checked and since it would take over an hour to get there I decided it would not be worth it.)

I don't have an answer to your question BUT I'm sure that it's not going to take an hour to get there -

I went to mapquest and put in the info and it says it's 8.35 miles
and approx 13 min to get there-

What I meant was that the bus would take over an hour to get there, with walking to the bus stop and transferring busses, etc. That is why I decided not to go that way.

:cool1: Are you sure you want to go to KBF? The last time we were there is was awful! It's really not that far away from DL, but the traffic is what will cause your taxi fare to go up -- not the distance.

kimkatmom said:
:cool1: Are you sure you want to go to KBF? The last time we were there is was awful!
Actually I'm not sure I want to go there, but I am curious what was so bad.

I personally like KBF. Of course, it is no Disney park. It is another piece of California themepark history.

You can take the MTA 460 line bus between DL and Knott's. According to their schedule it takes about 20 minutes and runs $1.25 if I'm reading their schedule right. This is the same bus that will take you all the way to downtown L.A. Here's a link to the schedule and map... http://www.mta.net/images/460.pdf This line has an advantage over the Orange County (OCTA) bus since you don't need to transfer and wait for the second bus.

As for bad traffic getting to Knott's - they do get huge crowds for the Knott's Scary Farm events prior to Halloween, and the traffic during those days in October is worth avoiding if you don't need to be in it. Other than that I think any traffic issues would be an isolated incident.

Thanks for the info, I guess I was just looking at the OCTA schedule. It sounds like it will for sure be an option if we decide to go there. :)

karylrocks said:
Actually I'm not sure I want to go there, but I am curious what was so bad.

In our case it was the lines. They were awful! :crazy: And we got there right at park opening too. It was almost an hour wait for everything we wanted to do all day long!! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter