Transportation from Airport?

bumpysheep

Mouseketeer
We have a room, yay! Tickets, yay! Excitement, YAY! But no arrangment for getting to and from the airport.

We are renting a scooter their for my sister but I will be flying with mine. We thought about using ME but between the 3 of us there are way too many sensory issues after an entire day of flying.

What service have others used to get to the Resort from MCO?

We'll be 2 adults, 1 child, 1 service dog, 1 pair of arm crutches, 1 scooter, 3 suitcases, 3 carry-ons and a cooler sized medical infuser!!! Yikes!

Help! Thanks for input ahead.

bumpysheep said:
what is mears?
Mears is a bus company that provides transportation to Disney. They also have accessible vans. Normally you will get a discount coupon in your confirmation from Disney. Call them and tell them you have several handicapped people and needs ECV accessible transportation to Disney.
You might also ask Disney about Magical Express as they are supposed to have accessible buses (actually are Mears)

I agree that Mears would be your best bet, especially with the Service Dog. With your party size and your stuff, you would get a private, direct ride to your resort in an accessible van for $29.00 per person.

To also avoid lines at the airport, I would go to www.mearstransportation.com and reserve online. (Make sure you click on the wheelchair icon). You will pay in advance with a credit card. You will get a barcoded confirmation emailed to you that you can print out. Once you get to the airport, they have a machine that you just take your confirmation to and scan it. Your tickets will print right out. If you reserve online ahead of time, the accessible van will most likely be waiting on you at the airport.

The night before you are ready to go back to the airport, dial "0" on your room phone and ask the operator to transfer you to Mears. Once connected with Mears, give them your confirmation #, your flight times, and your resort for your return trip and remind them that you need the accessible van. They will give you a time to report to the entrance of your resort and take you back to the airport.

(Caution, if the van is not there at your exact pickup time, call them immediately!!) I almost missed a flight home because I waited 15 minutes before calling them. The van finally got there 1 hour late! There are only 3 or 4 accessible Mears vans in the entire Orlando area. They can dispatch an accessible taxi in an emergency.

Disney's Magical Express is free, and could accomodate you with no problems, but after being cramped on the plane, you will all probably appreciate not being cramped up on the bus.

Carol

I went to mears website and everytime I try and make a reservation it tells me Disney Magical Express has started and that if I want a private ride click whereever so I do but there is no wheelchair icon on the latter? Am i missing something?

I tried also and got the same results. You may have to call them directly. That must have been part of their agreement with Disney to stop van reservations on the website so that Disney could promote their Magical Express.

I'm hoping they will still take van reservations over the phone.

Sorry I told you incorrectly without checking it out myself.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter